Can any one tell me why when I type "wow,Nice" my Q10 eliminate the space and capitalizes the N in nice.

This doesn't happen with any other letter, just the N key after a comma.

Is there just fix for this or is it just a bug with the OS?

Wow,Nice, see it did it again.

Wow, myself
    Wow, low
    Wow, call
    Wow,Nice

I don't get it?

Posted Via Q10 Super Phone
    11-27-13 06:07 PM
    Wow, nice

Not happening here. Perhaps you should reload/wipe your phone and start from scratch.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 06:35 PM
    You think maybe the "n" is sticking to capitalize it?

Secret Squirreling with my Q. Private Investigations C0001FE5D
    11-27-13 07:05 PM
    Clear you learned words in language and input, at sometime you must have typed that, and it learned it

Posted Via CB10 - Q10SQN100-1/10.2.0.1803
    11-27-13 07:56 PM
    Wow, z
    Wow, x
    Wow, c
    Wow, v
    Wow, b
    Wow,N
    Wow, m

11-27-13 09:05 PM
    I tried to clear learned words, but still, if I double space it still capitalizes the "N"

11-27-13 09:07 PM
    it also happens when I type an "M" after a period.

wow.M
    wow,N
    wow, m
    wow. n

this has to be a glitch in the software.

first and only problem I have found with this phone

11-27-13 09:42 PM
    Wow, nice.
    Wow. Man.
    Wow. Nice.
    Wow, man.

I can't get whatever you have going on to happen on mine.
    Running Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.1055

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 10:41 PM
    Although I did just notice that if I double space after the comma, it doesn't put a period in and it removes the extra space. That's handy

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 10:45 PM
    Can any one tell me why when I type "wow,Nice" my Q10 eliminate the space and capitalizes the N in nice.

This doesn't happen with any other letter, just the N key after a comma.

Is there just fix for this or is it just a bug with the OS?

Wow,Nice, see it did it again.

Wow, myself
    Wow, low
    Wow, call
    Wow,Nice

I don't get it?

That doesn't happen for me and I think it's in the text prediction options just uncheck capitol after a full stop.

Posted Via CB10/SQN100-3 luvn leak 10.2.1.1055
    11-28-13 06:34 AM
    Wow, nice

Posted via Blackberry Q10
    11-28-13 06:38 AM
    Thank god someone finally has the same problem! You (we?) are not crazy! I have the same thing, both with ",N" and with Period and 'M'.

When I type ". M" it automatically reverts it to ".M". I also have the ",N" happening. When I press backspace, it doesn't "undo" it like it would with other autocorrects.

10.2.0.429, did it on .428 too. I have checked the autocorrect options and there's nothing there with prediction or special dictionary. Clearly a bug. Have had nothing but problems w/ my Q10 since these last two recent official updates.
    11-29-13 10:31 PM
    This happens to me sometimes too. You're not going crazy.

I'm running Q10SQN100-5/10.2.1.1055 and it happens sometimes, and I only notice it because I see it's underlined in red. It's not a constant thing, but it is annoying because I have to go back and separate the letter from the period.

I clear my learned words and that usually fixes it.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 01:44 AM
    I thought it could only be a bug in the os because it happens to just the n and m keys after you use the alt button to write a comma or period. It only started happening since 10.2. I tried clearing the learned words and that didn't help. Believe it or not the "wow,N" actually came up in the predictive text afterwards. I love the Q10, for me this phone is for work and play and there is no better phone for work than one with a physical keyboard and BlackBerry makes the best one's hands down. That said, when my upgrade comes up I am going to go to either the Z30 or the even bigger Z50 if it ever comes out. My wife has a Z10 and typing is great, the bigger screen is just so attractive.

11-30-13 09:48 PM
    You are not the only one. I got the same problem with Q10 SQN100-3 on 10.2.0.1809, so as my friend on .429 (SQN100-3 there, too). This thing doesn't happen every time. There are no changes after learned words are deleted, so I suppose this is a bug in the OS. I didn't have those problems with OS builds before 10.2.0.xxx MR (can't actually recall the version number). The double letter problem occured at the same time as well. Before and after every OS reinstallation, I was doing the complete wipe. I say a bug definitelly. Waiting for the bug free 10.2.1.xxx to fix this.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 10:31 PM
    I made a post about this right after updating to 10.2. I have the exact same issue and I tried it on my friends phone and it did the same thing.

It's strange because it doesn't do it every single time. All the people that say it doesn't do it might be lucky, but on my friend's phone it took trying it a few times. Mine is only the N and M keys as well. It's probably one of the most annoying bugs because there's no possible way to get around it other than deleting and retyping the sentence.

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.0.1803

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 09:25 PM
    I made a post about this right after updating to 10.2. I have the exact same issue and I tried it on my friends phone and it did the same thing.

It's strange because it doesn't do it every single time. All the people that say it doesn't do it might be lucky, but on my friend's phone it took trying it a few times. Mine is only the N and M keys as well. It's probably one of the most annoying bugs because there's no possible way to get around it other than deleting and retyping the sentence.

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.0.1803

Posted via CB10
    Mine is M and N keys only as well. It had never happened until I got the first 10.2 official release (.424 or .428 I think) and now I'm on .429 which does it just the same.

I'd say it's super annoying, but nothing can beat the 5+ second lag when I open an SMS to send to someone...

10.2 was one step forward, two steps backwards.
    12-03-13 12:21 AM
    wow,nice

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 05:08 AM
    Mine is M and N keys only as well. It had never happened until I got the first 10.2 official release (.424 or .428 I think) and now I'm on .429 which does it just the same.

I'd say it's super annoying, but nothing can beat the 5+ second lag when I open an SMS to send to someone...

10.2 was one step forward, two steps backwards.
    Yup. Sometimes I get a delay of 30 seconds and then it deletes my conversation without sending a reply I tried to type.

I think the best fix is to try and revert back to 10.1. As far as I can tell the only way to do that is with a leaked version. I'd say it's a hassle and not worth the effort but these few bugs are more than frustrating, my phone is unusable sometimes. I hate to think of a possible emergency situation where my phone freezes up and I can't reply to someone or read their messages.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 01:49 PM
    Yup. Sometimes I get a delay of 30 seconds and then it deletes my conversation without sending a reply I tried to type.

I think the best fix is to try and revert back to 10.1. As far as I can tell the only way to do that is with a leaked version. I'd say it's a hassle and not worth the effort but these few bugs are more than frustrating, my phone is unusable sometimes. I hate to think of a possible emergency situation where my phone freezes up and I can't reply to someone or read their messages.

Posted via CB10
    It's sad that something so grossly buggy actually made it past testing and was launched as an "official OS" release. I mean honestly, if I was just a layperson with a BB (and there's not many BB owners left asides from longtime fans), I wouldn't know - nor care - to figure out why my phone didn't work. I'd just replace it, after all my friends tell me how "BB sux". BB is just killing their few remaining fans off one by one with this awful quality control.
    12-09-13 02:25 AM
    Same issue here! N and M keys only doing that when I updated to 10.2.0.429. Never had that problem before the update.

Tried clearing learned words but issue still persists. Definitely a bug and hope BlackBerry fix this in the 10.2.1 update!

From the Q10 Until the Q30
    12-09-13 02:37 AM
    Same issue here! N and M keys only doing that when I updated to 10.2.0.429. Never had that problem before the update.

Tried clearing learned words but issue still persists. Definitely a bug and hope BlackBerry fix this in the 10.2.1 update!

From the Q10 Until the Q30
    I'm on the leak without this issue. However there's another user in this thread who's on the leak who said they do have the issue.
    It may have something to do with learned words, or the predictive text, and keyboard settings.

Pounded out via Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.1055
    12-09-13 06:18 PM
    It seems like it is more of a word prediction issue...

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 06:26 PM
    I can promise you guys, it is not a predictive text or learned words issue. It's some kind of bug that apparently comes up on the majority of q10's on 10.2. I say majority but what I really mean is mine, and every friend I know with a q10 has this issue. It doesn't happen every time so it's hard to test for it. For example if I type a sentence and half way through I use a comma and then an M or an N and the bug pops up, if I erase the entire sentence and try to replicate the error it won't happen again.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 02:33 PM
    This issue still happen in 10.3.2 and 10.3.3 in my Q10 and Classic, and also my friend's Q5.

Not only in English but also the Chinese input method. (I'm Blackberry user from China)

Did anyone solved this problem?
    12-08-16 09:02 PM