Im using media card, phone supports and uses that. WhatsApp saves images into media card but when it comes to chat history i got the error on chat screen "Message History Disabled: no Media Card found". On settings tab i got "Chat history: Media Card" selected but theres an error under that : "Error: Sqlite error (schemaUpdate): net.rim.device.api.database.DatabaseException: :database disk image is malformed(11)"

Chat History saves small amount of messages until restart phone then all got deleted after restart. Anyone know anything about that error or can anyone help me about it?
    11-26-13 04:06 PM
    Hi and welcome.
    I don't use Whatsapp any longer but it sounds like there is an error with your SD card. Does it hold images properly? Does it work in other apps? Does it need to be formatted again?
    11-26-13 04:26 PM
    Hi and welcome.
    I don't use Whatsapp any longer but it sounds like there is an error with your SD card. Does it hold images properly? Does it work in other apps? Does it need to be formatted again?
    It does hold images properly and works in other apps. I never tried formatting it but tried using another sd card, got the same error.
    11-26-13 10:57 PM
    Hi

I have exactly the same problem... It happened right after i updated whatsapp...
    11-27-13 05:15 AM
    It seems to be bug with whatsapp on Os 6 and Os 7 devices.
    11-27-13 05:24 AM
    I am sure it is not your media card problem. This is a well-known bug for WhatsApp on BBOS. No workaround from WhatsApp. Even you send email to WhatsApp technical support, they will just say it may be your media card problem and then no more follow-up. The problem is more serious on group message.

My workaround is doing self backup daily. When the problem exist, just copy the backup message database file back to WhatsApp folder. Good luck!
    11-27-13 05:27 AM
    hey thnx a lot I had this problem before, but it used to lose some of the messages, no all. Now it also deletes all my conversations, except the group messages, they r still there, but without any history...

what is a workaround?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    11-27-13 05:51 AM
    I am sure it is not your media card problem. This is a well-known bug for WhatsApp on BBOS. No workaround from WhatsApp. Even you send email to WhatsApp technical support, they will just say it may be your media card problem and then no more follow-up. The problem is more serious on group message.

My workaround is doing self backup daily. When the problem exist, just copy the backup message database file back to WhatsApp folder. Good luck!
    And how im going to do that?
    11-27-13 02:31 PM
    Backup the file "messageStore.db" from folder "\database\WhatsApp" on your media card to a backup location. When your WhatsApp have problem, copy the backup file back to the original location will be fine.
    11-28-13 01:22 AM
    I kept having the same problem, so I decided to uninstall it and then reinstall it again. It appeared that I'm using whatsapp while my bb thinks it is already uninstalled...so I uninstalled it, then installed it back and now I don't lose my conversations and I don't get the "no media card found" while messaging, but I do get a message that appears when I start the app saying that no history will be kept due to low memory on my sd card...

12-08-13 03:20 PM
    *won't be kept

12-08-13 03:23 PM
    First, check that you have a Media Card in your BlackBerry (see this article for more information), then check your settings inside of WhatsApp to make sure they are correct:

Open WhatsApp.
    Go to the Settings tab.

Go to Media Settings

Make sure that Message History is set to [Media Card].

If your Message History is already set to [Media Card] but your chats are still missing, there is likely a conflict between your Media Card and WhatsApp. To fix this, we recommend these steps:

Make sure your Media Card is not full. You can check this in BlackBerry Media folder > button > [Memory Use].
    Make sure your Media Card card is not set to read only (if you can save and edit files on your Media Card, it is not read only).
    Remove and reinsert your Media Card.
    Go to BlackBerry Options > Device > Storage, press the button, and then select [Repair].

You may be able to recover some of your chat history on your SD card by restoring an older chat backup:

Delete WhatsApp, then reboot your phone by removing the battery.
    After your phone restarts, open your BlackBerry Media folder.
    Press the button and choose [Explore].
    Go to Media Card > databases > WhatsApp and find the file called messagestore.db.
    Rename that file to "123messagestore.db". This will prompt WhatsApp to restore the next most recent chat history that was saved. A new chat history backup is created every day.
    Reinstall WhatsApp.
    We also recommend that you periodically export your chat history if you wish to have a copy of your important conversations outside of WhatsApp.

Please note that if you are trying to use chat history from another device, or if you backed up your history to your computer and want to restore it on your BlackBerry, you will not be able to restore your history.
    01-09-14 02:02 PM
    Im using media card, phone supports and uses that. WhatsApp saves images into media card but when it comes to chat history i got the error on chat screen "Message History Disabled: no Media Card found". On settings tab i got "Chat history: Media Card" selected but theres an error under that : "Error: Sqlite error (schemaUpdate): net.rim.device.api.database.DatabaseException: :database disk image is malformed(11)"

Chat History saves small amount of messages until restart phone then all got deleted after restart. Anyone know anything about that error or can anyone help me about it?
    01-09-14 11:20 PM

I had this problem until I found a solution somewhere in the web ... All you have to do is to go to Applications--->Files--->File Folders--->Device--->Home--->user--->im ... There u will find the Whatsapp folder, just delete it and uninstall whatsapp then reinstall it . The problem will not persist
    RichK_Lore likes this.
    01-11-14 07:07 AM
    Thanks man. Iv had that problem for 3weeks now. All better now
    02-07-14 11:37 AM
    Many thanks - it worked perfectly!
    01-25-16 01:25 PM