I love my Q10 and Playbook but I love my Q10 even more that now I can install virtually any app from the Play Store. If this ability was added to playbook it would be awesome IMO.

Thoughts?
    dpaulbelcher likes this.
    11-25-13 02:04 AM
    No. People are never happy. They'd just find something new to complain about.
    11-25-13 02:49 AM
    I will.

Posted via CB10
    loveBB6.0 likes this.
    11-25-13 04:15 AM
    dude why always so negative... you should (my opinion only) be more positive to things....
    11-25-13 06:16 AM
    If it worked.... it would be great.

PlayBook is dying.... look in the treads at the number of people that are having hardware and battery issues these days. Even I would be upset to learn that BlackBerry took anything away from the development of BB10 to try a satisfy a few owners of a device that has seen it's best days.

And Bla1ze you will have to excuse.... he is a Time Lord and he has seen where this all ends.

No FAN of BlackBerry likes where we are these days!
    Bla1ze likes this.
    11-25-13 10:17 AM
    If it worked.... it would be great.

PlayBook is dying.... look in the treads at the number of people that are having hardware and battery issues these days. Even I would be upset to learn that BlackBerry took anything away from the development of BB10 to try a satisfy a few owners of a device that has seen it's best days.

And Bla1ze you will have to excuse.... he is a Time Lord and he has seen where this all ends.

No FAN of BlackBerry likes where we are these days!
    Lol. I'm the last time lord. Call me the doctor

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 10:27 AM
    I would be happy if that came out when I was actually using my PlayBook. However, now, I have moved on to other things. I will still use it occasionally, but my Z does everything I need it to do BlackBerry wise. So, put it out. Or, not. Makes little difference at this point.
    11-25-13 10:33 AM
    No. People are never happy. They'd just find something new to complain about.
    True. Look, they are already complaining about your post. =)
    11-25-13 10:33 AM
    I wish you all would give it up. It's never too going to happen. I think we need a dreamland section.
    11-25-13 10:37 AM
    As an aggrieved playbook user I can honestly say that this would be the only thing that would make up for eol'ing my product. I could put down the decision to end BlackBerry and tablets as a dark period in their history while under the management of Thor.
    Still can't work out why people who don't have a playbook bother to post negative vibes about it. Could setting some time and money aside to keep their customers happy really derail BB10? Think about how many playbook users didn't upgrade to BB10 because of the PlayBook decision.
    It wasn't that long ago that BB10 users were fearing the worst, all of which were very vocal in the forums when it affected them.

Posted via CB10
    cputoys and nealjane1 like this.
    11-25-13 10:38 AM
    I'm unsure but wouldn't the pb have to be updated to bb10 so the new runtime would work? Not going to happen.
    11-25-13 10:40 AM
    AFAIK the runtime runs in a partitioned off section of the memory. Removing the existing virtual machine and adding some files to the OS to make a new VM work work is not in the realms of fantasy.
    It wouldn't need BB10 to work. VM can and have been made on many OS.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 10:56 AM
    Hi my playbook still works ok, bought it on day one, does what I need no battery/ hardware problems, shame BB10 never came,
    That's life.
    11-25-13 12:01 PM
    Cool, and would you like the ability to install more recent android apps considering that the vast majority of devs won't be bothering creating any for the PlayBook?

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 12:41 PM
    Hi my playbook still works ok, bought it on day one, does what I need no battery/ hardware problems, shame BB10 never came,
    That's life.
    I agree with everything you said. Except the "that's life" part. Promising a sizable number of customers something, keeping them hanging for a year or more, then just nonchalantly telling those same customers "sorry but you're not getting it after all", then walking away whistling while leaving those customers high and dry, is not just "that's life". Its shameful and disgraceful.
    11-25-13 01:05 PM
    What I would like to happen is to have Blackberry open up the Software, so the playbook can be rooted once more..
    11-25-13 01:36 PM
    I agree with everything you said. Except the "that's life" part. Promising a sizable number of customers something, keeping them hanging for a year or more, then just nonchalantly telling those same customers "sorry but you're not getting it after all", then walking away whistling while leaving those customers high and dry, is not just "that's life". Its shameful and disgraceful.
    I agree with what you said, like I mention I am one of blackberry biggest salesmen, every person I know personally who has a blackberry got one on my advice as well as the company I run but the whole playbook saga still doesn't sit well on my stomach for all the reasons above. Not only that, when I scan back through the forums I see leaks for this and that and announcements but there is absolutely nothing that I can see that proves indefinitely that BB10 was EVER going to end up on the PlayBook.
    That leaves me with a feeling of being had by a company I trusted with my hard earned.
    Like I said, a dark period for BlackBerry and Thor, like a thief in the night has sailed off with a massive bonus made up of the money raised by the whole lie he generated by bad management and bad commercial decisions.
    So that leaves BlackBerry the company on a trust back foot with its existing customers. What they could do as a sign that it was a bad decision made by the then management is recoup some pr by doing this.
    So, getting back to the original post, would I be happy if an updated runtime was pushed to the PlayBook. Yes I would, I could live with the browser, the keyboard etc, etc being able to get newer apps would improve the longevity and breath some life back into it. As people may have noticed a lot of sideloads are getting updates and stopping working, this will only get worse.
    Could they do it, I think they could. Do they want to, no they don't. Should they do it, yes. Would it break the bank, certainly not. Would it jeapordise BB10, no more than Thor did. Would it vastly improve their image with consumers, definitely and that's worth far more than Alicia Keys, Thor, any tv advert or the money raised from the z10 and fire sale of playbook.
    Ask yourself this, Thor was responsible, at his turn at the helm for the PlayBook and the z10 on release and no doubt some of the newer devices. Both ended up being given away.
    I'm a builder, if I was to quote someone for some work, carry out the work, get paid for it, realised it wasn't going the way I planned and just announce I'm not going to carry on with it, I would be getting chased down the road by Dominic littlewood most mornings. He's off rogue traders for our cousins across the Atlantic.
    Just saying like.

Posted via CB10
    nealjane1 likes this.
    11-25-13 01:38 PM
    Is it possible for BB to remove PB OS 2.1 but keep the android run-time and maybe update it to 4.1? I'm sure it's possible and would free a lot of RAM.
    11-25-13 01:42 PM
    Wow awb70 that was a long one!!! But yes yes yes!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    AWB70 likes this.
    11-25-13 02:34 PM
    No but BBRY cant handle that REMEMBER not enough RAM
    11-25-13 02:42 PM
    Is it possible for BB to remove PB OS 2.1 but keep the android run-time and maybe update it to 4.1? I'm sure it's possible and would free a lot of RAM.
    They can't remove 2.1 and there's no need. What they have done is locked it down to prevent any other OS to be loaded.
    The runtime is a scaled down version of Android built like an app into the os. What were discussing here is up dating that app albeit more complicated because os files would also probably need modified as well. Runtime without the 2.1 is like having adobe reader installed on your pc but no windows if that makes sense.
    I am curious whether blackberry would need to be involved or a third party could do this. Unfortunately I'm not that tech, I have just read of devs who say it could be done.
    Maybe someone could elaborate.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 02:49 PM
    I have several playbooks. All if which still work great. I am happy with my playbooks still, but any update would be welcomed. Would be awesome to be able to have an update like this.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 02:50 PM
    BlackBerry is selling them cheap right now to there employees, so I ordered 30+ for people at my work..... great gift for Christmas for the kids to play around with as a first tablet.....! and I Love mine

Posted on CB10 with a Zee10 on 10.2.1.xxxx
    LibertyPhone likes this.
    11-25-13 02:58 PM
    I would be ecstatic

Posted via CB10
    flyingsolid likes this.
    11-25-13 02:59 PM
    I agree, I still love mine. All the features of what you would expect of it work. Even bridge is getting there. The browser, I'm not sure of. For instance some pages load very fast but one site I use in particular and the most it has to be said struggles. It also does the same using three other browsers I've tried. I only seem to get keyboard lag when an android port is open in another window.
    What I do notice is that some sideloads are stopping working and the updated versions won't run because of how they are coded. Keeping an old version isn't an option if the Android port won't work without updating it.
    I've always thought these issues would be resolved with Bb10 and waited, then when it never came I thought, ok, so now they'll have to fix 2.1. What do you mean you're not!
    BlackBerry are making such a fuss about being able to install android apps directly to the phone, extend that to the PlayBook and you also have a chance of reviving your tablet market which I believe Chen hasn't ruled out.
    Seems odd that the biggest buzz in the forums at the moment is that your blackberry can be like an android phone but not quite. It's a bit like buying abibas training shoes off the market with two stripes, but hey, I'm all for it as long as it doesn't discourage native builders.

Posted via CB10
    dpaulbelcher likes this.
    11-25-13 03:10 PM
61 123