Hi,
    I'm rocking the new Z30, and of course, downloaded the 10.2.1.1055 leak immediately. Clean install with security wipe before and after, right out of the BB box. Not messing around....

Installed the Amazon App store, and then installed the Audible app. I've been missing Audible books so much and hate the process of stripping DRM just to hear books I purchased.

Review:

Amazon App store and Audible app (general one, not the Kindle version) seemed to install fine. No error messages or obvious strange behavior. The strangeness starts when I run Audible. I have no other android apps installed (at least none through this process and no side-loads). When I start Audible, it begins the startup, and seems to shut down, progressively each time getting further and further through the startup process before shutting down. So I am a persistent SOB, so I keep starting the app. First time shutdown before the splash screen. Then shuts down at the first dialog screen. Then multuple time shutting down at the log-in screen as an existing audible user. Tried holding a finger on the screen. Eventually I can get it to remain active through the log-in and get the joy of finally seeing my cloud-based list of books.

Once I can get it started fully, I am able to download a book from the cloud to my Z30. And then the app plays. Happy, happy happy! Looks like the basic functions like bookmarking work. Only have tried this for one book so far, but at least I can get the app to work. As long as I keep the app running, even in the background, it works and continues to play the book when I make it active. The bug occurs when I close the app and then re-start it. Or restart the Z30 and then start that mind-numbing shutdown process.

Has anyone else seen this behavior? Any workarounds to the shutdown-on-startup problem?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Brianflys; 11-24-13 at 09:02 PM. Reason: typo
    11-24-13 09:02 PM
    i have the audible app sideloaded (only 10.2) and it works fine. and the version i run is 1.5.2. The only time it took a while for the app to start for me is when i loaded the new OS. this happens to all my android sideload. i guess the app has to re-initialize and from then on it starts pretty quickly. maybe try a restart of the system. i know when i first got 10.2 all my android apps gave me trouble with the start-ups. or maybe try a sideload of a different audible build like the one im running. this build is very stable.
    11-24-13 11:30 PM
    I had some issues with the amazon audible. Got it from 1 mobile and that one worked for me.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 10:44 PM