Hope someone can help on this as it's driving me batty......
    Since the latest F/B app upgrade (I have the 9900) my Facebook app is showing me not only my friends status updates, but all the posts on their Walls from their other friends (for example last Thursday my FB was almost entirely filled with Happy Birthday posts from people I don't know, to one of my friends. The only way I can see so far of avoiding this is to select "status updates only" but then I miss posted videos and pics etc....or to hide people who regularly get posted messages from their other friends (but that defeats the object - I want to see my friends....!!)
    Is there any way around this? It isn't anything to do with my general FB settings as this doesn't happen on my PC or if I use FB from the browser.....
    Thanks in advance
    rebeccapallen likes this.
    11-24-13 12:48 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry! I think there are settings on your Facebook account itself. I will look into it for you as I don't get those notifications myself
    11-24-13 02:49 PM
    My husband and I are having the exact same problem. Just started randomly on both of our Blackberries...can't figure out how to turn it off, and it's quite annoying. Especially with the birthday posts. Keep us posted if you get it figured out!
    11-24-13 10:38 PM
    I have scoured the Facebook account settings on both the app an my FB account on the computer and am not seeing anything to change/correct from this angle...
    11-24-13 10:49 PM
    It's a proper pain in the bum! I don't see any of this on the browser version or directly from the laptop, so I know it's not in my settings. I've just hidden a load of people who have a lot of friends who post on their own walls as I really don't want to see stuff from people I don't know!!
    I think it's ruined the app for me - a shame as this version seems to work better than previous ones
    rebeccapallen likes this.
    11-25-13 12:46 AM
    Well, that's it - the app has been deleted today I have three friends with birthdays and all their friends comments to them are on my feed!! I've logged into the FB site on the BB browser and on my ipad and they're not there, so it's clearly an issue with the app. How very frustrating, I hope it gets sorted soon!!
    11-30-13 04:13 AM
    Ok, last update, promise I've been reading reviews in BBWorld and there are loads of complaints about exactly this issue. Looks like there is a known glitch and not something in the settings. I guess we just have to put up with it till the powers that be update and fix....
    11-30-13 06:51 AM
    I am seeing the same thing on the Windows 8 app on my computer and my iPhone 4S. I don't have FB turned on for my BlackBerry since that is a work phone. Not just BB app so must be something FB is messing with and it isn't happening to everyone apparently.
    12-17-13 03:30 PM
    I agree. This is a Facebook issue (not a Blackberry app issue). They are toying with the newsfeed.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780
    12-18-13 05:17 AM
    I'm glad they're going to fix that. I was worried it was another mentally disabled Facebook "feature".
    Last edited by Ray III; 12-25-13 at 08:19 AM. Reason: edited for politically correct terminology
    12-25-13 08:12 AM