So ever since I got this phone I've had the iShieldz screen protector on and was actually quite happy with it. Of my own fault, I was picking at the edges which made it look bad, so I went to get a new screen protector today.

I got the Zagg screen protector from Best Buy for about $16. I installed it myself and at first all was well. After an hour or so of having it on, the touch screen stopped working! I thought maybe it had been damaged by the Zagg. After about half an hour of non responsiveness, the screen started to work normally again.

Has thus ever happened to anyone here?

Posted via CB10 on my Z10.
    11-22-13 06:13 PM
    No problems with Zagg. Have them on mine and wife's Zs... nothing like what you've described.
    11-22-13 06:34 PM
    Aren't you supposed to leave the device off for 24 hrs after application?
    11-22-13 06:35 PM
    Listen to "Anything" by Hedley and you'll understand that no one can tell you what to do.

I'm proud to say I put on my screen protector while my phone was on and used it within seconds!

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 06:42 PM
    Rotfl.. reference to windows tint?
    Maybe he should leave the screen off for 24h..

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 06:51 PM
    No I work at bestbuy and install them all them time. The more you use it the more the heat given off by the screen quickens the drying process.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 06:52 PM
    Ya I used my device right away. I did that before when I installed the iShieldz and didn't have any problems. Weird.

11-22-13 06:58 PM
    Which type of Zagg did you get? I had a friend complain about that for the HD model (I think)

SQN100-1 10.2.1.1055, STL100-3 10.2.1.1055
    11-22-13 07:00 PM
    I remember reading that somewhere
    11-22-13 07:04 PM
    invisibleSHIELD� Application Instructions using Spray bottle
    BEFORE YOU BEGIN: Turn your device off, and remove the battery if possible. Wash your hands (and fingertips!) thoroughly.

Step 1: In order to avoid putting fingerprints on your invisibleSHIELD�, wet your fingertips with application solution before handling it.

Step 2: When applicable, remove the cover sheet from the front of the invisibleSHIELD. Peel the invisibleSHIELD off its backing.

Step 3: Hold the invisibleSHIELD in your hand, adhesive side up. Moisten the front and back sides of the invisibleSHIELD with application solution. Be sure to dampen the invisibleSHIELD, NOT your device.

Step 4: Apply the invisibleSHIELD to your device, adhesive side down, and slide into place.

To see an example placement, click here to watch one of our instructional videos.

Step 5: Using the included squeegee, push the excess moisture and any bubbles away form the center towards the edges, and away from any open or uncovered ports.

Step 6: Soak up any excess moisture with a lint-free cloth (recommended) or paper towel. Please leave your device off for 12 to 24 hours. Micro-bubbles and imperfections will work themselves out in two to three days.

HELPFUL TIPS: For challenging tabs and flaps that wrap around the sides or over corners, we recommend first holding the tab or flap in place against the device using your palm (or thumb, for small pieces) until it is secure.
    Once it feels secure, use a blow dryer on a LOW, COOL setting to dry the pieces into place.
    Ensure the small parts are as dry as possible before applying them. If they get too moist, let them dry for a few minutes before placing them on your device. This will make them tackier and easier to position correctly.
    We recommend letting your device sit overnight before turning it back on (12-24 hours is suggested). This will give the invisibleSHIELD� time to "set" properly, and allow any remaining SHIELDSpray� solution on your device to fully dry.
    Straight from the website
    11-22-13 07:15 PM
    I got the HD shield. Yeah I admit I used it right away. Impatient me! If I waited the 24 hours then I wouldn't have noticed the problem in the first place.

11-22-13 10:10 PM
    Zagg is OK, I used a couple. They were kinda meh.

Now I use Skinomi, MUCH better. I prefer it.

They're very similar, but it's a matter of taste, however I've never had an issue, and when I did, customer service was excellent, no complaints.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 10:26 PM
    I like ghost armor better than Zagg. I have ghost armor on my Q and clarivue on my Z.

SQN100-1 10.2.1.1055, STL100-3 10.2.1.1055
    11-22-13 10:29 PM
    No I work at bestbuy and install them all them time. The more you use it the more the heat given off by the screen quickens the drying process.

Posted via CB10
    Did you ever tell your customers to not use their device for 12-24 hours after getting a screen protector installed?

11-23-13 08:10 AM