Hey guys. i'll soon be getting the Bold from AT&T hopefully. I had a couple questions though.

1. My father's been with AT&T/Cingular for a long while now, and he switched transfered his old $40 voice plan to my name back in April. A few days afterward, i checked my statement online and realized they cancelled his plan and put me on a different one, instead of transferring the old plan to me. We went back and got it all settled, after some persuasion. So for my first question is: Since i'm going to do an upgrade most likely, would i be able to sign up for a new 2-year under my original plan (since it's apparently still in the system and all), or will it have to be a currently advertised plan?

2. As stated above, I've been with AT&T/Cingular for a while, and this will be my first upgrade. Would i have to buy a new 3G card offa ebay to replace the old 64k Cingular SIM that i'm using now? Or will the Bold come with one?

Thanks in advance for the replies.
    10-29-08 02:33 AM
    Not sure about the first question, but to answer your 2nd question: no, they will give you a new 3G sim card when you get your Bold.
    10-29-08 02:36 AM
    1)That shouldn't be an issue, you aren't modifying the features of your existing plan aside from the addition of the blackberry data feature.

2) With a grandfathered plan if it is from Cingular pre-merger or the old AT&T blue (you didn't specify) you may be unable to use a newer 3g simcard with the old system. If that is the case you may have to update your plan to a newer one.
    10-29-08 02:38 AM
    You get a new Sim card with a new phone. At least that's how sprint does it. You probably won't have a problem upgrading cell phone companies are all about retention.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-08 08:35 AM
    Ok. This is my question. I'm very dissatisfied with the sound on my phone. Is there any way to make it louder? I've already got my ringers and everything else as high as it will go. I just want to be able to hear it ring and hear it go off when I have a SMS, MMS, or a call. Please help. Either email me at [email protected] or on here. I just have no clue how to check it lol. Still learning. Something free would be awesome lol. :-D. Thanks!
    10-29-08 09:01 AM
    You get a new Sim card with a new phone. At least that's how sprint does it. You probably won't have a problem upgrading cell phone companies are all about retention.

Sprint doesn't even use sim cards, they are a cdma provider.
    Ok. This is my question. I'm very dissatisfied with the sound on my phone. Is there any way to make it louder? I've already got my ringers and everything else as high as it will go. I just want to be able to hear it ring and hear it go off when I have a SMS, MMS, or a call. Please help. Either email me at [email protected] or on here. I just have no clue how to check it lol. Still learning. Something free would be awesome lol. :-D. Thanks!
    You're obviously still learning, yet you need to learn how to post your own thread rather than use someone elses to resolve your issues.
    10-29-08 09:03 AM
    Hey guys. i'll soon be getting the Bold from AT&T hopefully. I had a couple questions though.

1. My father's been with AT&T/Cingular for a long while now, and he switched transfered his old $40 voice plan to my name back in April. A few days afterward, i checked my statement online and realized they cancelled his plan and put me on a different one, instead of transferring the old plan to me. We went back and got it all settled, after some persuasion. So for my first question is: Since i'm going to do an upgrade most likely, would i be able to sign up for a new 2-year under my original plan (since it's apparently still in the system and all), or will it have to be a currently advertised plan?

2. As stated above, I've been with AT&T/Cingular for a while, and this will be my first upgrade. Would i have to buy a new 3G card offa ebay to replace the old 64k Cingular SIM that i'm using now? Or will the Bold come with one?

Thanks in advance for the replies.
    Silly question, but doesn't AT&T have a Customer Service phone number?
    10-29-08 09:04 AM
    Silly question, but doesn't AT&T have a Customer Service phone number?
    I would imagine so, I believe they have retail stores filled with employees to help you as well.
    10-29-08 09:06 AM
    This forum is for BlackBerry Bold users (RIM 9000) I think you're lost! The Pearl Forum is here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/
    10-29-08 09:06 AM
    Ouch! That stings.

And to the OP, ATT will make you upgrade to a current plan with a new sim card. A friend of mine has been going through the same thing for years.

10-30-08 04:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD