I have a 9930 (love it) and when I set it up I used my Google account to load my contacts and calendar info. Want to stop doing it this way and use DM. Tired of having the information not sync accurately.

Here is what I have tried so far....

I have turned off the wireless syncing so DM will sync, put the setting so that my Mac (10.8) would over write the hand held (most updated version is on my laptop). Deleted the Gmail account but I have not been successful in getting the task done. It appears that you have to set an email account to associate with the info? I want them associated with my laptop.

So help please.....

1. Comments from those that have done this (or point me to the forums, I have searched for days).

2. How do I do it?

Thanks for any help
    11-22-13 08:42 AM
    You need an email account to associate the contact file to, but it doesnt have to be synced. Delete and re-add the gmail account and go into advance, and uncheck sync contacts. you should then be able to just sync contacts via DM

Although, I gotta say my opinion, it's better the way you had it before.
    11-22-13 12:48 PM
    Thanks for the reply. Where do I find the Advanced screen?

Back before I got my 9930 I was using a Palm Pre until Sprint told me that they would stop supporting the unit. Google did not always sync correctly with my Mac. Sometimes large sections of my calendar would end up missing and the contacts would not sync correctly on the laptop. So I got in the habit of working with two sets of records, one on the phone with Google and my laptop. Maybe I should try it again and see how it works now.
    Last edited by does321; 11-23-13 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Typo
    11-23-13 09:34 AM