Via theZed10
    11-22-13 01:30 AM
    There's no such thing as "officially," it's not like it's the law or anything

Remember, BlackBerry was once #1, and just because a platform is in a position now doesn't mean it can't or won't change sometime.

There's no cutoff date or anything. This isn't the final end. There is no end. I honestly don't think Windows Phone has much of an effect on where BlackBerry stands, and now that BlackBerry has a clearer sense of direction and a CEO who seems to have a firm grasp on the situation, I wouldn't totally rule BlackBerry out of the fight for 3rd.

We shouldn't really care what place our BlackBerry platform is in. I love my Z10 and Q10, they're tied at #1 to me, and I'd never choose to buy a phone of any of the "top three" platforms.
    Oscar_E and vibhorsingh86 like this.
    11-22-13 01:38 AM
    Does not bother me!

WE all know that BlackBerry is #1...
    THEY just don't know it!

/*evel laugh*/

Posted via my BlackBerry*Q10, Germany
    11-22-13 02:34 AM
    It doesn't matter. The marketplace has spoken - consumers still don't want Windows Phone.
    11-22-13 03:14 AM
    ... now that BlackBerry has a clearer sense of direction and a CEO who seems to have a firm grasp on the situation,...
    What signs do you see that lead you to say this?
    11-22-13 03:21 AM
    We don't care fake reports and paid reports. What we believe is #blackberry is always same in our aspect. No:1

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 03:32 AM
    Well it's great that we see BlackBerry as the #1 but they need to bring BlackBerry back to the minds of the general standard smartphone user and not in a negative sense. If that won't happen, there won't be a BlackBerry anymore at some point and that is what would really make me sad.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 03:44 AM
    I don't think there is anything to worry about. I've been fascinated with negativity around BlackBerry, in addition, of course, to bring frustrated with the lack of willingness to address it publicly by BlackBerry.

Someone sitting in front of his computer a year ago made a statement that the fight for 'third place' meant everything, and that fourth place was death, etc. But why? I don't think it means very much at all right now. If BlackBerry can ride out the wave of negativity that has been hurting it for over a year now, the sales will come back. If they concentrate on bringing out two more excellent phones (with impressive specs) in the new year, people will return to BlackBerry. The Z10 is still a great phone that only failed to sell because of the negativity around the brand, and the silly, high price.

BBM can repair the cultural image of BlackBerry, and BlackBerry can repair its handset reputation by continuing to bring out great, improved phones. The BlackBerry 10 OS is maturing at an impressive rate and is far superior to Windows.

BlackBerry are still in grave danger of failing if they don't do the right things right now and fail to learn from their marketing and PR failures over the last year, but if they sort that out, Windows won't be a threat.

Fingers crossed that they understand this now, and are planning to get the full version of BBM cross platform asap, as well as wallpaper settings, and far more emoticons, perhaps self-destructing messages, etc. A Z50, or new Z10-type phone with top drawer specs and a slightly lower price tag will sell well in 2014, and put BlackBerry back in the black. I'm worried that the price on the new devices will be �50 too high, but hopefully BlackBerry have seen their error with the Z10, and realise they need to tempt people back with great phones that are slightly underpriced.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 03:59 AM
    I have far more important things to be sad about, This news does not bother me at all.
    waker, Tabdus and Uzi like this.
    11-22-13 04:01 AM
    No matter what happens, BlackBerry will remain #1 to me.
    11-22-13 04:21 AM
    It doesn't matter. The marketplace has spoken - consumers still don't want Windows Phone.
    Dude. In Europe 1\10 people want a WP so that's incorrect, don't make judgements without facts

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    MERCDROID likes this.
    11-22-13 05:04 AM

WE all know that BlackBerry is #1...

/*evel laugh*/

Posted via my BlackBerry*Q10, Germany
    Turn the sheet the other way around.. You're reading it upside down.
    waker and GadgetTravel like this.
    11-22-13 06:59 AM
    There's nothing wrong with WP.
    Under 15s love colorful squares.

I like it, reminds me my LEGO bricks I played with when I was a kid
    11-22-13 07:14 AM
    Obviously android and ios are the top two, nobody can really argue with that, personally i dont think ios is all its cracked up to be, ive had two windows phones and a complete waste of time and money....but i can honestly say ive never seen any advertisements for blackberry....plenty for phones like xperia, iphone and lumia, i keep seeing and hearing BlackBerry are going out if business and sales are down etc so why dont BlackBerry advertise? i thought about getting my z10 coz originally liked the look if it and i could only find it in one shop, if that shop hadnt sold it in the first place i wouldnt have known about this phone......so im not really surprised wp is apparently ranked higher than bb, how long is ut going to to make a few posters or a decent advert for tv and advertise it in magazines etc.....surely thats the way to go.....ive always had android and really thought long and hard about getting bb, now ive got one im actually surprised about how good it is, my girlfriend was shocked at my decision at getting this phone and now wants one, if there was advertising BlackBerry would definately be in the top two in the near future

Sent from my Z10
    jose_trevizo likes this.
    11-22-13 07:23 AM
    Why would Windows being 3rd make you sad? Do you enjoy bragging rights for 3rd place? It makes no sense to me. If something like Windows being in 3rd makes you sad..... may I suggest you're too emotionally invested in the so called "smartphone wars?"
    11-22-13 08:56 AM
    Yes and windows8 also has natively built apps that follow ui paradigms and share common design elements. While bb gets android designed apps.

Windows8 is besting bb10 right now.
    bekkay likes this.
    11-22-13 09:17 AM
    Nothing succeeds like success and nothing fails like...well... 😕
    11-22-13 09:24 AM
    Well this is so because at onw time they were number one

Via theZed10
    11-22-13 02:11 PM
    There are bigger things in life than a global software company beating a once highly successful Canadian smartphone manufacturer in sales.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 02:20 PM
    Why would Windows being 3rd make you sad? Do you enjoy bragging rights for 3rd place? It makes no sense to me. If something like Windows being in 3rd makes you sad..... may I suggest you're too emotionally invested in the so called "smartphone wars?"
    Exactly. This is like debating whether the guy with the cane and bad knees is futher ahead in the race against the olympic athletes than the guy with the leg braces.

Windows Phone is also struggling to gain major volumes and almost exclusively dependent on one single manufacturer.
    11-22-13 02:26 PM
    Smartphone ecosystems are a lot like fashion: they come and go. Currently Android is the have to have item, and will be for a while. BB was top dog and now battles for survival. There's nothing that's forever, especially in this game. Can BB make a comeback? I can't answer that, but BB board sure as hell think they can turn this around, else they would have gone ahead with the sale of the company.
    11-22-13 02:26 PM
    Exactly. This is like debating whether the guy with the cane and bad knees is futher ahead in the race against the olympic athletes than the guy with the leg braces.

Windows Phone is also struggling to gain major volumes and almost exclusively dependent on one single manufacturer.
    though I agree that WP does have one single OEM. But that OEM has put a lot of blood and sweat into making their phones stand out from the rest of the crowd. and it worked and they are successful. and command 90% of the WP market. When Microsoft buys them expect more aggressive price tags and more innovation from MS. as most people say "to get things done. you gotta go it yourself"
    11-22-13 02:31 PM
    I wouldn't be worried about windows os
    It shltty a No one likes it. Except they are good devices but that's about it

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 02:32 PM
    Que es lo que el nuevo CEO esta haciendo? lo m�s importante en este momento es que la plataforma siga desarrollandose, que las nuevas actualizaciones de el sistema operativo sigan llegando a m�s personas cada dia, el mercadeo de nuevas aplicaciones y los dispositivos existentes, lo que significa para cada uno de los ejecutivos, comerciantes y demas particulares usar un BlackBerry con OS10. Translate if you can!!
    11-22-13 02:32 PM
    I wouldn't be worried about windows os
    It shltty a No one likes it. Except they are good devices but that's about it

Posted via CB10
    and yet tones of people buy it over BB10.,....yea
    Etios, JeepBB, Saiga and 2 others like this.
    11-22-13 02:37 PM
84 123 ...