New makers drift from original Nokia to make jolla! Android runtime, swipes, gestures, lock screens, work mode many things similar.

More competition about,

BlackBerry we need to step up!

CB via Z10
    11-20-13 07:09 PM
    No they are definitely not. Jolla is a descendant of Meego Harmattan. Go search that up and you'll see that they are very closely related. Soo if someone did the copying, you know who it was actually

It's actually a really cool OS and I'm tempted to get one just to play with at home

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 07:14 PM
    webOS and Meego ring a bell?
    Rello and cwalt2166 like this.
    11-20-13 07:22 PM
    Funny title considering that BB is relying on Google to fill the "app gap".
    11-20-13 07:47 PM
    Lol.. they've been longer but what drops into consumers hands will decide who copy who..
    And consumers definitely says bb10 comes first.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 07:49 PM
    Lol.. they've been longer but what drops into consumers hands will decide who copy who..
    And consumers definitely says bb10 comes first.

Posted via CB10
    What consumers?

Last Blackberry ER reports doesn't show any consumers in numbers worth talking about.
    The bend around CB is no one knows how superior BB10 is to iOS or Android.

The cry for months has been two things. Apps and....Marketing.

In order to see any BB10 devices in the wild you'd need the LHC in CERN to see if there are any Blackberry Quarks floating around the 'verse.
    Saiga and cwalt2166 like this.
    11-20-13 07:55 PM
    What consumers?

Last Blackberry ER reports doesn't show any consumers in numbers worth talking about.
    The bend around CB is no one knows how superior BB10 is to iOS or Android.

The cry for months has been two things. Apps and....Marketing.
    Well.. I'm a consumer, friends of mine are consumers.. and I shown them bb10.
    Let's say I show them jolla in a few months, wouldn't they say this os looks like bb10?

Who read the reports? I don't, because I bought this device just because it's outstanding.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 07:58 PM
    Let's say I show them jolla in a few months, wouldn't they say this os looks like bb10?

Who read the reports? I don't, because I bought this device just because it's outstanding.

Posted via CB10

my friends said the exact same thing about meego when i showed them bb10
    Louis Larsen likes this.
    11-20-13 08:01 PM
    Haha, wow. The OP is trying to rewrite history here. Not the first time I've seen someone attempt this.

While I do agree, there definitely was a lot of copying going on, you're confused about who copied who. Happens all the time when people try to talk about things they know nothing about.

Here, let me help you out. This was published June 21st , 2011, back when BlackBerry 10 was still going to look like the tablet OS, which itself was just a copy of WebOS.

Nokia N9 MeeGo Smartphone Gets Official (Video)

Do ya still think Jolla copied BlackBerry 10? Even the direct running of Android apk files was announced by Jolla months before it showed up in a leaked BlackBerry 10 OS.
    11-20-13 08:01 PM
    Funny, mynokiablog felt the exact same way about Meego (the same team who later formed Jolla) when BB10 was announced.

JOLLA! Copy cats!!-ctrlcvberry.jpg

Apps, Windows, Hub (the social hub on Meego is a stretch, but still similar)
    11-20-13 08:03 PM
    New makers drift from original Nokia to make jolla! Android runtime, swipes, gestures, lock screens, work mode many things similar.

More competition about,

BlackBerry we need to step up!

CB via Z10
    Jeez enough already
    11-20-13 08:15 PM
    Lol, you must not know what Meego or WebOS is. Because its more like BB10 is copying Meego and PlayBook OS is copying WebOS
    Berry_Pink, Saiga, Rello and 2 others like this.
    11-20-13 08:20 PM
    Funny title considering that BB is relying on Google to fill the "app gap".
    So is Jolla....

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 08:29 PM
    No they are definitely not. Jolla is a descendant of Meego Harmattan. Go search that up and you'll see that they are very closely related. Soo if someone did the copying, you know who it was actually

It's actually a really cool OS and I'm tempted to get one just to play with at home

Posted via CB10
    Actually Meego copied PBOS. BB10 OS was in the works then but wasn't released until 2013. If BB10 was to release in its original year not delayed it would be Meego who copied BB10.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 08:57 PM
    I don't think anyone actually copied each other.... in the sense that the code underneath is drastically different and don't really work the same.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 09:00 PM
    Haha, wow. The OP is trying to rewrite history here. Not the first time I've seen someone attempt this.

While I do agree, there definitely was a lot of copying going on, you're confused about who copied who. Happens all the time when people try to talk about things they know nothing about.

Here, let me help you out. This was published June 21st , 2011, back when BlackBerry 10 was still going to look like the tablet OS, which itself was just a copy of WebOS.

Nokia N9 MeeGo Smartphone Gets Official (Video)

Do ya still think Jolla copied BlackBerry 10? Even the direct running of Android apk files was announced by Jolla months before it showed up in a leaked BlackBerry 10 OS.
    BlackBerry had already anounced Android apk files with PBOS before then.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 09:01 PM
    BlackBerry had already anounced Android apk files with PBOS before then.

Posted via CB10
    Oh, so I'm just imaging the years worth of converting apk files to bar files? Cool. I must be going loco.

Edit:

Nope, not crazy. Turns out, I always had to use bar files. It was only until months after Jolla announced that Sailfish would run Android apps directly without the need for porting, that a BlackBerry leak showed up doing the samething. Why did BlackBerry screw with bar files so long if their original idea was to run apk files?
    Etios likes this.
    11-20-13 09:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    You may know the truth. Your friends may know the truth. But if Jolla was take off in a big way the perception will be Jolla was first.

The truth won't matter. History write it that way.
    11-20-13 09:19 PM
    You may know the truth. Your friends may know the truth. But if Jolla was take off in a big way the perception will be Jolla was first.

The truth won't matter. History write it that way.
    How is Jolla going to gain any kind of user base.... it just isn't a known brand.

Posted via CB10
    jafrul likes this.
    11-20-13 09:29 PM
    How is Jolla going to gain any kind of user base.... it just isn't a known brand.

Posted via CB10
    Agree. They won't be the same like Samsung and Tizen. Samsung is a huge name and if, I say IF, Samsung comes out with Tizen, it could gain momentum among Samsung hardcore followers.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 09:37 PM
    Agree. They won't be the same like Samsung and Tizen. Samsung is a huge name and if, I say IF, Samsung comes out with Tizen, it could gain momentum among Samsung hardcore followers.

Posted via CB10
    Tizen sucks, it looks like a cheap attempt at an OS, generic as can be. It still in its early stages i understand that, but it looks like it's targeted at the low budget market.

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    Louis Larsen likes this.
    11-20-13 09:41 PM
    I don't think anyone actually copied each other.... in the sense that the code underneath is drastically different and don't really work the same.

Posted via CB10
    What does the copying of the UI design have anything to do with the code underneath?
    Rello and Saiga like this.
    11-20-13 09:58 PM

Posted via CB10
    For your info Blackberry copied Webos and called it BB10..
    11-20-13 11:02 PM
    How did they copy webOS with BB10? BB10 doesn't use the same multitasking card layout as webOS. Maybe with PBOS but not BB10.

Posted via CB10
    jafrul likes this.
    11-20-13 11:11 PM
    I stand corrected. Who cares who is copying who.. matter is, who put it on general consumers hands first.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 11:20 PM
42 12