I am on vacation in Florida this week and I had to go to the local T Mobile store to get a new SIM card for my phone.

While waiting for an available person I started looking for the Blackberry devices and much to what I have heard, there was none on display or in the store for for sale if you wanted to buy one.????

I asked the salesperson about Blackberry and their response was "what a terrible phone" I was shocked and asked if they had ever played with the new z10 or Q10 and they proceeded to tell me the same comment, it's just a terrible device.

I proceeded to grill them and tell them how can they say that when they have never tried the device and that there are customers who would benefit from its great features when compared to IOS or Android.

They finally said, we don't care about the Blackberry brand anyways because they are almost bankrupt and no body wants them. We sold our last ones and we don't stock them in the stores anymore. WTF!!!!!

This is what the new cook and bottle washer in charge better be trying to fix. How can you expect to market your product when you have the dealers and the the salespeople who don't and won't promote your product.

If someone from Blackberry doesn't get out and reassure the dealers they are going to back them and support them for the long haul, you might as well throw in the towel right now and save a few billion dollars.

I might be only speaking from what I have seen here in the USA, but I sure as hell hope the rest of the world is not like this. Just my observation my friends.

Sent using the CB app from my iPhone 5S
    earlym, Flatman, Elite1 and 3 others like this.
    11-20-13 06:21 PM
    Again, It is a conspiracy....all the US carriers dont want the NSA proof BlackBerries. These carriers are getting paid by the NSA millions of dollars to spy on US citizens and the world.
    Apple, Microsoft, Google, Yahoo ,and the likes are letting the NSA backdoor on their servers to spy.
    This is the reality period.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30.
    11-20-13 06:29 PM
    Again, It is a conspiracy....all the US carriers dont want the NSA proof BlackBerries. These carriers are getting paid by the NSA millions of dollars to spy on US citizens and the world.
    Apple, Microsoft, Google, Yahoo ,and the likes are letting the NSA backdoor on their servers to spy.

Cue the aluminum foil hat... lol
    11-20-13 06:35 PM
    you need to look into one of these

[Opinion]I'm Very Concerned - BBRY Needs to Improve Perception-catintinfoilhat.jpg
    11-20-13 06:36 PM
    They're tunneling under your house!
    11-20-13 06:41 PM
    you need to look into one of these

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	catintinfoilhat.jpg 
Views:	4615 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	222804
    The NSA is definitely not going to steal that cat's data now... lol 🐱
    Jrox74, briang33k and allysisa like this.
    11-20-13 06:43 PM

Thanks, haven't seen a good conspiracy pop up in a few days
    11-20-13 06:44 PM
    The funny thing before the nsa leak was you were called a nut if you thought the government was tapping all our information.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 06:46 PM

Buy Blackberry through fear!
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    11-20-13 06:49 PM
    The funny thing before the nsa leak was you were called a nut if you thought the government was tapping all our information.

Posted via CB10
    U.S. intelligence and security agencies (FBI, CIA, NSA, army intelligence, navy intelligence, etc.) spied on Americans for the entire Cold War. Surveillance files and dossiers were assembled on private citizens, if you went to the "wrong" protest your picture was taken and put in a file, wiretapping without any court orders occurred, private medical and psychiatric records were investigated, etc. Much if this came to light during the Church Committee hearings during the 1970s and more revelations followed the end of the Cold War during the 1990s. The only difference now is information is being collected from new sources (i.e., consumer electronic devices). Old news...
    11-20-13 06:54 PM
    Yup, good point.

?10
    boi2012 likes this.
    11-20-13 07:00 PM
    I had the same experience more or less at Verizon.
    11-20-13 07:03 PM
    This is a valid point. There is a huge perception problem, especially here in the US.

They need to do the carriers (the stores in particular) what Apple did to IT Departments. Bypass them. They need to put themselves out there to market. Don't expect the carriers (and store sales people) do do it for them. They have to build the demand.
    h20work, 2stix, drknobs and 2 others like this.
    11-20-13 07:05 PM

I won't say that is the case here, however the essence of your post is correct. Many many will belittle that but I'm with you! Again I point non believers to Snowden's leaked files. Its quite obvious as to how little privacy now exists and a concerted effort is well underway to eliminate the little that remains, we are headed down a very slippery slope.As Ben Franklin stated "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.". Time will tell eventually.

Posted via CB10
    bunky1971 likes this.
    11-20-13 07:08 PM
    They're tunneling under your house!
    whybwould they tunnel when they got tac teams and combat gear for each and every arm of govt...they will jack boot your front door, won't be funny over silly paper crimes when it happens to you.

op: bb needs to take these stores to task for misguiding customers.
    11-20-13 07:26 PM
    Unfortunately sales grunts are sometimes the worst with uninformed misconceptions.

Q10 & 9900 on Bell Mobility
    Karan Mohal likes this.
    11-20-13 07:30 PM
    This is a valid point. There is a huge perception problem, especially here in the US.

They need to do the carriers (the stores in particular) what Apple did to IT Departments. Bypass them. They need to put themselves out there to market. Don't expect the carriers (and store sales people) do do it for them. They have to build the demand.
    I am with you a 100%

Sent using the CB app from my iPhone 5S
    11-20-13 07:35 PM
    What irritates me is when they recommend a device to one of my users. While I myself am a Blackberry fan, for my users, I try to recommend what will work best for them. It's especially bad when they recommend Android, to users that I would never suggest that route.
    11-20-13 07:39 PM
    Here is a great way to find out if the nsa or another government agency can crack BlackBerry security.

Start sending emails with keywords like bombing, assassination, terrorism, etc from your bb. If your device is secure then you have nothing to fear.
    11-20-13 07:52 PM
    weren't the articles about how the NSA CAN tap into BB's like this one:
    NSA able to intercept BlackBerry e-mails: report - The Globe and Mail
    11-20-13 07:56 PM

Oh yea sure, the NSA. Meanwhile the FBI and CIA have had all of you and your family's information for the past 80 years...
    11-20-13 07:56 PM
    Again, It is a conspiracy....all the US carriers dont want the NSA proof BlackBerries.
    So you don't make phone calls then with your Z30?

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    11-20-13 08:00 PM
    I won't say that is the case here, however the essence of your post is correct. Many many will belittle that but I'm with you! Again I point non believers to Snowden's leaked files. Its quite obvious as to how little privacy now exists and a concerted effort is well underway to eliminate the little that remains, we are headed down a very slippery slope.As Ben Franklin stated "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.". Time will tell eventually.

Posted via CB10
    Privacy has never existed on any telephone system, only a fool believes otherwise. your ISP knows every website you've ever visited and they have since the internet first went public. You really think the govt needs a warrant to access any of this information. They only need a warrant to use it in court. Watch a spy thriller from the seventies, why do they always go to a park with a lot of ambient noise to discus sensitive information. None of this is new. You don't have any privacy and you never really did.
    h20work and Anilu7 like this.
    11-20-13 08:08 PM

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    11-20-13 08:16 PM
    Privacy has never existed on any telephone system, only a fool believes otherwise. your ISP knows every website you've ever visited and they have since the internet first went public. You really think the govt needs a warrant to access any of this information. They only need a warrant to use it in court. Watch a spy thriller from the seventies, why do they always go to a park with a lot of ambient noise to discus sensitive information. None of this is new. You don't have any privacy and you never really did.
    There you go! Precisely they needed to get a court order to do so! Not again they do it without probable cause, in other words everyone is now Guilty till proven innocent, does that sound to you as a healthy practice?

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 08:20 PM
129 123 ...