And that is why whatsapp will continue to beat BBM by a wide margin even though it is far superior interface...All my contacts are my Whatsapp contact by default while BBM PIN is making it impossible to find them...what's the plan here Blackberry ?

PS - The intent is to improve BBM and succeed faster than it will be with PIN only approach.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BB10user07; 11-20-13 at 07:28 PM.
    11-20-13 03:16 PM
    And that is why whatsapp will continue to beat BBM by a wide margin even though it is far superior interface...All my contacts are my Whatsapp contact by default while BBM PIN is making it impossible to find them...what's the plan here Blackberry ?

Posted via CB10
    That is because Whatsapp shares everyone in your address book with everyone else. PIN is more secure as there is a request to be a friend and an approval. Much better. I don't know how Whatsapp gets around privacy concerns in some counties.

If Whatsapp is so good, why don't you post your phone number and email address on here, because that is what you are doing with Whatsapp.
    11-20-13 03:21 PM

Posted via CB10
    I don't know if this can be implimented on iOS and Android, but on BB10 if you have the other persons email address (their BBID), and they have the app on their phone, the other person will appear in "Suggested" section if BBM invites.
    Mr.mister, mkelley65 and gfondeur like this.
    11-20-13 03:25 PM
    Your concern has been posted before but...this makes no sense to me at all, frankly. If I want to chat with someone on BBM, I send them an invitation - you don't need their PIN to do that, you can do it by email or text. If I don't want to chat with one of my general contacts on BBM, great - cause it won't show up automatically.
    bungaboy and Pilot Prop like this.
    11-20-13 03:29 PM
    Your concern has been posted before but...this makes no sense to me at all, frankly. If I want to chat with someone on BBM, I send them an invitation - you don't need their PIN to do that, you can do it by email or text. If I don't want to chat with one of my general contacts on BBM, great - cause it won't show up automatically.
    I swear to god you follow me around!
    11-20-13 03:35 PM
    What is the purpose here to be a worldwide No 1 platform or again become a niche player in messaging platform...BlackBerry is on path to later with exclusive PIN thing.

Other than teenagers in campuses no one goes around asking for PIN'S...You just cannot successed with this narrow approach other than in few countries and with some privacy crazy people.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 03:39 PM
    Lol!!

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30.
    11-20-13 03:40 PM
    I swear to god you follow me around!
    *Panics, eyes darting around, hides behind a nearby shrub*
    11-20-13 03:41 PM
    Business rule no 1 make it easier for people to join not impossible

Posted via CB10
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    11-20-13 03:41 PM
    What is the purpose here to be a worldwide No 1 platform or again become a niche player in messaging platform...BlackBerry is on path to later with exclusive PIN thing.

Other than teenagers in campuses no one goes around asking for PIN'S...You just cannot successed with this narrow approach other than in few countries and with some privacy crazy people.

Posted via CB10
    As I posted, you don't have to know or ask for PINs, though you can. I always invite my friends by email. And it has nothing to do with "privacy crazy" (though there is that aspect when people chat with strangers) - there are some people that I don't want to have communications with with the immediacy of BBM; the invitation system gives you control.
    bungaboy and gfondeur like this.
    11-20-13 03:45 PM
    As I posted, you don't have to know or ask for PINs, though you can. I always invite my friends by email. And it has nothing to do with "privacy crazy" (though there is that aspect when people chat with strangers) - there are some people that I don't want to have communications with with the immediacy of BBM; the invitation system gives you control.
    And as I posted before she posted, you can litterally see who on your contact list has BBM as long as you have there emails.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I think I have more emails then phone numbers in my contacts, if not, then they are very close.
    gfondeur likes this.
    11-20-13 03:53 PM
    BlackBerry have the email address and PIN of everyone signed in to BBM with their BlackBerry ID.

For iOS and Android they could find a happy middle ground to help discovering BBM contacts in your phone contacts by suggesting contacts with email addresses that are BlackBerry IDs (not PlayBooks as the device they have though obviously).

You can already invite people to BBM using their email address.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 03:57 PM
    Fair enough...Give both the options...Statistics are clear from whatsapp success...it's foolish to not do that...just like it was with IPhone when it was launched

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 04:01 PM
    Ya the phone number thingy is so much better in whatsapp... Old numbers from its previous owners who may no longer with us here on Earth but you can have his/her number no problem.... I really like the double check instead of D and R and always wondering if recipient "actually" got my message cuz it makes me feel better not knowing if they got it or not ...
    11-20-13 04:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    What is with all the drama queen postings. I have gotten many people who I want to BBM to join. It is not impossible, it isn't even hard. Are you trying out for a stage role with your "impossible" performance?
    11-20-13 04:36 PM
    What is with all the drama queen postings. I have gotten many people who I want to BBM to join. It is not impossible, it isn't even hard. Are you trying out for a stage role with your "impossible" performance?
    Compared to whatsapp it is...check the App Stats download stats and you would know what I am talking about
    ..Whatsapp is beating the crap out of BBM and will continue to do so.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 04:39 PM
    Ya the phone number thingy is so much better in whatsapp... Old numbers from its previous owners who may no longer with us here on Earth but you can have his/her number no problem.... I really like the double check instead of D and R and always wondering if recipient "actually" got my message cuz it makes me feel better not knowing if they got it or not ...
    How many people do you have who are not with you on earth and somehow their phone numbers getting used...

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 04:40 PM
    Compared to whatsapp it is...check the App Stats download stats and you would know what I am talking about
    ..Whatsapp is beating the crap out of BBM and will continue to do so.

Posted via CB10
    Please post your email and phone number on this thread if you think it isn't a big deal..
    bungaboy, gfondeur and johnnyuk like this.
    11-20-13 04:45 PM
    Please post your email and phone number on this thread if you think it isn't a big deal..
    Does whatsapp post your phone number on blogging sites? It only uses to add people who you already have on contact list...
    Do me a favor check the latest stat count on BBM Vd Whatsapp world over and you would understand where I am coming from.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 04:46 PM
    Does whatsapp post your phone number on blogging sites? It only uses to add people who you already have on contact list...
    Do me a favor check the latest stat count on BBM Vd Whatsapp world over and you would understand where I am coming from.

Posted via CB10
    How long has BBM been cross platform and how long has Whatsapp been available cross platform. If you find it at all hard to add users to BBM, I feel sorry for you.
    gfondeur likes this.
    11-20-13 04:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    My bbm are for elite people that are important in my life and my social style, WhatsApp in the other hand u have 800 + contact( my case) that u never talk to, that's why I deleted it.

BlackBerry Z10, powerful tool indeed.
    11-20-13 04:53 PM
    Another wasted post slot. Mate if you have nothing intelligent, mind blowing, or a post that lives us seeking answers with more questions; moreover, posting positive response to generate an informative thread, DO NOT post this ignorance. If you understand how the two applications operate, then you won't even post. Think mate. We are not attention seekers here.

If you do not know the difference or want to ask if anyone can explain the difference, please be direct in your post.
    nico2004 and gfondeur like this.
    11-20-13 04:54 PM
    [QUOTE=BB10user07;9583264]How many people do you have who are not with you on earth and somehow their phone numbers getting used...

I was exaggeratedly being sarcastic .... I deleted whatsapp a while ago cuz I didn't find it very useful ... I just didn't like it and not many I know uses it ..
    11-20-13 05:01 PM
    My bbm are for elite people that are important in my life and my social style, WhatsApp in the other hand u have 800 + contact( my case) that u never talk to, that's why I deleted it.

BlackBerry Z10, powerful tool indeed.
    That's what people said when iPhone was taking over the world that BlackBerry is for elite.
    This a winner takes all game like Facebook, Twitter or Linked in...No place for second

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 05:27 PM
    [QUOTE=Meaty123;9583362]
    How many people do you have who are not with you on earth and somehow their phone numbers getting used...

I was exaggeratedly being sarcastic .... I deleted whatsapp a while ago cuz I didn't find it very useful ... I just didn't like it and not many I know uses it ..
    I like BBM too over whatsapp but I feel furstated that while my Whatsapp list is rising exponentially, I have to ask people down for their PIN's..Give both the options

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 05:28 PM
57 123