It's driving me nuts. There are times that no matter what I can't close a tab in Browser. I tap the X, and for some reason it nothing happens except it goes back to the webpage. This usually happens when I have enough open tabs that I have to scroll, but also occurs at other times. It's is almost as if the "spot" for the x-button is not big enough.

Does anybody else have this problem? The problem has been there for me ever since OS v10.0.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.1055 using CB10
    rai187 and shads77 like this.
    11-20-13 12:23 AM
    Depends on how fast I want to close it. If i just tap too fast it normally doesn't close it, but if I do lineup my finger with a little more precision, I can close it on the first tap most of the time

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 12:49 AM
    Depends on how fast I want to close it. If i just tap too fast it normally doesn't close it, but if I do lineup my finger with a little more precision, I can close it on the first tap most of the time

Posted via CB10
    I try to do that too, but it refuses to close. I wish there were keyboard shortcuts for tab management, then I would never have to open the tabbar.

11-20-13 01:47 AM
    I experience the same frustration as you! It's very annoying. Sometimes when I try and hit the X to close a tab, it just opens it for me. I end up tapping it over 3 times to close it. The touch target to close a tab needs to be much bigger, that's the problem.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 05:22 AM
    Why not have it like the Playbook, and now IOS 7, you can just swipe up the active frame to close.
    11-20-13 10:04 AM
    Why not have it like the Playbook, and now IOS 7, you can just swipe up the active frame to close.
    We're not talking about closing the browser, we're talking about closing the tabs from within the browser.

11-20-13 10:29 AM
    YES! Easily the most annoying part of the BB10 experience for me. Sometimes it takes 4 or 5 tries before I can actually hit the X just right.

Which reminds me, I was gonna go complain to Clewley about that...lol

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 10:35 AM
    YES! Easily the most annoying part of the BB10 experience for me. Sometimes it takes 4 or 5 tries before I can actually hit the X just right.

Which reminds me, I was gonna go complain to Clewley about that...lol

Posted via CB10
    Tell him that they should add keyboard shortcuts for tab management too.

11-21-13 07:06 PM
    I experience the same frustration as you! It's very annoying. Sometimes when I try and hit the X to close a tab, it just opens it for me. I end up tapping it over 3 times to close it. The touch target to close a tab needs to be much bigger, that's the problem.

Posted via CB10
    Same

Posted via my Q10
    11-21-13 10:39 PM
    Yeah it happens to me. Whether I do it close or use precision ninja moves, they'll refuse to close. I can see the feedback of the touch bit nadda. I do think the browser needs a bit of work. I find Web browsing and speed is amazing but it can freeze, crash and reload my pages randomly when it shouldn't need to.

These issues as well as the op can make for a frustrating experience.

I love everything else except these faults happen far to frequently.
    11-21-13 11:32 PM
    Sometimes it takes a really precise tap. On one or two occasions the x for tab closing did not work at all and it was fixed after closing/reopening the browser.

STL100-3 10.2.1.1055 CB10
    11-22-13 12:06 AM
    I get this only when I have enough tabs open that the tab list fills up the entire left side or more. Definitely a bug when it scrolls past the bottom, the behavior is different.

One trick I use is when you have tabs scrolling past the bottom, swipe up while keeping your finger on the list/screen, which scrolls the tab list up, and then *without removing your finger*, tap a tab. This will "freeze" the list "in mid air" (it won't scroll back down). Then just tap the x to close the tab. Since it's no longer at the bottom, it closes normally. Hope that's clear.
    Last edited by slickvguy; 11-22-13 at 04:12 AM.
    11-22-13 03:56 AM
    Hi,

I am very new to the Blackberry. When you say line up with a little more precision, can you be more precise? I've been completely unable to get any tabs to close. After reading through these posts, I've tried positioning my finger at different points around the X, pressing slower. I can't seem to stumble on a combination that works. How are you zeroing in on the right place to tap?

Thanks
    07-21-14 09:38 AM
    Hi. I am very new to the Blackberry. When you say you line up your finger with more precision, what do you mean? I've tried positioning my finger all over the place around the X and have been unable to close any browser tabs. How did you zero in on where to tap?
    07-21-14 09:44 AM
    Hi,

I am very new to the Blackberry. When you say line up with a little more precision, can you be more precise? I've been completely unable to get any tabs to close. After reading through these posts, I've tried positioning my finger at different points around the X, pressing slower. I can't seem to stumble on a combination that works. How are you zeroing in on the right place to tap?

Thanks
    Try tapping slightly above the X (as in closer to the top of the screen). Historically, that's been the most reliable position for me.

I hope you're enjoying your new device.
    07-21-14 10:11 AM
    Hi. I am very new to the Blackberry. When you say you line up your finger with more precision, what do you mean? I've tried positioning my finger all over the place around the X and have been unable to close any browser tabs. How did you zero in on where to tap?
    This did seem to be an issue that was worse on some OS versions than others. What version are you running? Hint: to find out, type "myver" without the quotation marks and you version will come up automatically.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 10:29 AM
    Yes this is super annoying. I wished we could swipe to the left to delete a tab.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 09:50 PM