Does anyone know if BlackBerry Traffic is being developed for BB10?
    11-19-13 07:33 PM
    No sign of it so far
    I think that if we do get to see it, it will probably be integrated into the map itself

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 07:34 PM
    A shame really, I liked the powerful simplicity.
    mboujoul and nah.uhh like this.
    11-19-13 07:40 PM
    Never say never.

Posted via CB10 from my Q10 (SQN100-3)
    11-19-13 08:36 PM
    I really liked BlackBerry traffic!
    Not that it applies to anyone here, but I'm finding our community so fickle.
    I sometimes see how BlackBerry can be turning in circles like the monkey in the middle.

I remember how everyone was saying how they wanted BB10...
    Now I read a lot about how people miss OS7 or it's functions.
    I remember how everyone wanted to have a full touch screen BlackBerry that works well.
    Now I read how they wanted a Q (with keyboard) and wished it was released first.
    I remember how everyone wanted 10.1...
    But now I read how they just don't want it and recommend loading 10.2/10.2.1 leaks to anyone that will listen.
    I remember how everyone wanted an open web browser...
    But now I read how everyone wishes to have BIS again.
    I remember when everyone wanted BBM to be backed up via the NOC cloud.
    But now I read that people wish to go back to being able to back up locally.
    I even remember when everyone wanted the BB Traffic functionality merged with BB Maps.
    Now BB Maps basically has everything in it including voice, but people want the old BB Traffic again.

It's hard to play ball when someone always takes it away and runs home when there is a dispute.
    Again, do not take this personally. Not speaking specifically to anyone here... Just my own observations.
    11-19-13 08:47 PM
    I guess they figure Blackberry traffic will only appeal to the hardcore BB users and not worth it at the moment. I used it all the time when I had 9700. Blackberry Map with road accident and road work would do it for me ... I do like the simplicity of blackberry traffic though ... battery drains and the phone gets really hot when blackberry map is on ...
    11-19-13 08:50 PM
    I sometimes see how BlackBerry can be turning in circles like the monkey in the middle.

I remember how everyone wanted to have a full touch screen BlackBerry that works well.
    Now I read how they wanted a Q (with keyboard) and wished it was released first.
    But now I read how they just don't want it and recommend loading 10.2/10.2.1 leaks to anyone that will listen.
    I even remember when everyone wanted the BB Traffic functionality merged with BB Maps.
    Now BB Maps basically has everything in it including voice, but people want the old BB Traffic again.

It's hard to play ball when someone always takes it away and runs home when there is a dispute.
    Again, do not take this personally. Not speaking specifically to anyone here... Just my own observations.
    you sir, made THE comment of a lifetime, take my like and thanks. btw everything you said is true lol
    11-19-13 08:52 PM
    I still use BB Traffic on my 9670. I just connect via hotpot to my Q. I like that traffic congestion is displayed way ahead or towards the end of my commute, as where BB Maps doesn't show you congestion until your basically in it. Then there's not much room to deviate to another route.

Subscribe to Tri County Catering and Party Idea Channel. Pin #C00123065
    11-19-13 09:02 PM
    If it had the same functionality, it would be great. It's still missing a few features.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 09:33 PM
    If it had the same functionality, it would be great. It's still missing a few features.
    I agree. Hence, the use of the term "basically"...
    There is a lot that I personally would like to see implemented as well.
    But, I can say the same about the BB10 another OS, or application in general as well.
    The wants/needs of all cannot be practically implemented.
    Anything and everything can be improved according to a specific user's needs.

But just like the example of specific use posted previously, I can say that I never used my devices in such a way nor do I know of anyone that does. That does not make it any less important just because it does not work for me; however, I highly doubt that application re-writes are made on just a handful of user requests.
    11-19-13 10:16 PM

Not taking it personally and I get your point but CB is a sounding board for the opinions and expressions of thousands and the members shouldn't be critiqued for sounding off in this forum in a respectful way.

In my opinion If BlackBerry is turning in circles as you suggest, then that is more BlackBerry lacking focus and direction than the fault of the CB members expressing their desires.
    11-20-13 08:22 AM
    Not taking it personally and I get your point but CB is a sounding board for the opinions and expressions of thousands and the members shouldn't be critiqued for sounding off in this forum in a respectful way.

In my opinion If BlackBerry is turning in circles as you suggest, then that is more BlackBerry lacking focus and direction than the fault of the CB members expressing their desires.
    Obviously, you do not get my point. So I guess it really doesn't matter.

As far as postings on CB? That has nothing to do with the thousands of surveys that BlackBerry sent out (and continues to send out) to it's users to provide feedback. Every change implemented was due to user feedback. So when these changes happen for better or worse we must blame ourselves as a whole. Although we all know that Thor, Chen, and many employees may frequent this site, AFAIK changes implemented has nothing to do with forum posts. They use empirical data from device usage and direct feedback. Even Kevin had many suggestions that were told to BlackBerry executives directly in their faces that were not implemented.

There is nothing wrong with your desire for something at all. Read my posts carefully.
    But, I guess the true meaning is lost in the written word.

Be Blessed.
    Sergeant_Im likes this.
    11-20-13 09:54 AM
    Obviously, you do not get my point. So I guess it really doesn't matter.

As far as postings on CB? That has nothing to do with the thousands of surveys that BlackBerry sent out (and continues to send out) to it's users to provide feedback. Every change implemented was due to user feedback. So when these changes happen for better or worse we must blame ourselves as a whole. Although we all know that Thor, Chen, and many employees may frequent this site, AFAIK changes implemented has nothing to do with forum posts. They use empirical data from device usage and direct feedback. Even Kevin had many suggestions that were told to BlackBerry executives directly in their faces that were not implemented.

There is nothing wrong with your desire for something at all. Read my posts carefully.
    But, I guess the true meaning is lost in the written word.

Be Blessed.
    You are less than honest with yourself on this post. In this post you appear want to make it seem as as though you were not referring to posts on this site (in your comparison demonstrating fickleness of the community) , yet any casual reading clearly reveals that is what was meant.

It is obvious that people understood your post, but it is equally obvious that you are backpedaling from your comments - why? Now that's a mystery.

The written word is not getting in the way, unless you are choosing to use words that do not express what you are thinking.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 06:13 AM
    I agree. Hence, the use of the term "basically"...
    There is a lot that I personally would like to see implemented as well.
    But, I can say the same about the BB10 another OS, or application in general as well.
    The wants/needs of all cannot be practically implemented.
    Anything and everything can be improved according to a specific user's needs.

But just like the example of specific use posted previously, I can say that I never used my devices in such a way nor do I know of anyone that does. That does not make it any less important just because it does not work for me; however, I highly doubt that application re-writes are made on just a handful of user requests.
    Go back and read your previous post. How many times did you say "how everyone" in that post? Yet now you want to negate what is wanted by saying it is a minority of users.

Also, it's a bit confusing why you would make such statements on a thread that is simply asking if BlackBerry Traffic is coming to BlackBerry 10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 06:22 AM
    I want them to focus on the OS. I was annoyed when Traffic came out - it meant they were wasting time on a NAVIGATION app, rather than the core user experience. I'm feeling the same thing with their latest thing - Express. Leave the secondary apps to developers, focus on the OS.

That said, I like BlackBerry Travel. I'm a hypocrite.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 07:27 AM
    You are less than honest with yourself on this post. In this post you appear want to make it seem as as though you were not referring to posts on this site (in your comparison demonstrating fickleness of the community)
    I was referring to the BlackBerry community (we/us/everywhere).
    Which comprises of much more than just this single CB site. There are others as well.
    This site specifically was mentioned by you and others.
    11-21-13 07:58 AM
    Go back and read your previous post. How many times did you say "how everyone" in that post? Yet now you want to negate what is wanted by saying it is a minority of users.

Also, it's a bit confusing why you would make such statements on a thread that is simply asking if BlackBerry Traffic is coming to BlackBerry 10 devices.
    When I say "everyone" it is in the context of why BlackBerry made the changes in the first place.
    It is due to the device usage data and surveys received from basically "everyone".
    If you have not provided access to your device information or filled out the surveys, there is no room to complain about anything.
    Either you're part of the process or part of the problem.

The "everyone" statement is to show how BlackBerry asked and received answers to requests and came to those conclusions to make those changes. If only a single person wanted a change, those changes would not have been implemented.
    The changes were not made in a vacuum.

I mentioned it in this thread, because it reminded me of how fickle our community can be.
    No different than 50 duplicate threads are made about anything.... 10.2.1 or availability of an application... ETC.
    People would come in and say how they've seen "everyone" starting new threads about the same thing.
    But, obviously that is not "everyone" on the entire planet, correct??
    However, the minority still has the right to voice their own opinions.
    50 threads is not the majority within the context of thousands of threads a day.
    But, the majority also have the right to point it out.

Obviously even when someone agrees with your post, it is not enough.
    Argue much?

Be Blessed.

As stated
    11-21-13 08:12 AM
    I was referring to the BlackBerry community (we/us/everywhere).
    Which comprises of much more than just this single CB site. There are others as well.
    This site specifically was mentioned by you and others.
    This site was not mentioned by me - at all - until I called you on your intent and meaning.

Where else are your reading about all the complaints you listed? I visit several BlackBerry sites, but I've not found all the things you've listed, except on this site.
    11-21-13 09:06 AM
    When I say "everyone" it is in the context of why BlackBerry made the changes in the first place.
    It is due to the device usage data and surveys received from basically "everyone".
    If you have not provided access to your device information or filled out the surveys, there is no room to complain about anything.
    Either you're part of the process or part of the problem.

The "everyone" statement is to show how BlackBerry asked and received answers to requests and came to those conclusions to make those changes. If only a single person wanted a change, those changes would not have been implemented.
    The changes were not made in a vacuum.

I mentioned it in this thread, because it reminded me of how fickle our community can be.
    No different than 50 duplicate threads are made about anything.... 10.2.1 or availability of an application... ETC.
    People would come in and say how they've seen "everyone" starting new threads about the same thing.
    But, obviously that is not "everyone" on the entire planet, correct??
    However, the minority still has the right to voice their own opinions.
    50 threads is not the majority within the context of thousands of threads a day.
    But, the majority also have the right to point it out.

Obviously even when someone agrees with your post, it is not enough.
    Argue much?

Be Blessed.

As stated
    If you say "everyone" then you don't mean "everyone?" Got it.

That being the case, it is illogical to retreat into an "Obviously, you do not get my point," argument.

Say what you mean and mean what you say. If you fail to do this, then don't try to blame it on the reader for failing to understand your point(s).

Me, argue? If it is arguing to call people on their statements that lack clarity, then yes.
    11-21-13 09:16 AM
    This site was not mentioned by me - at all - until I called you on your intent and meaning.

Where else are your reading about all the complaints you listed? I visit several BlackBerry sites, but I've not found all the things you've listed, except on this site.
    Do your own homework as to why all of the changes from BBOS to BB10 were made.
    It's not my responsibility to do it for you, because your world is limited to this site.
    But here's a starter.... The official BlackBerry Forums.
    11-21-13 09:25 AM
    If you say "everyone" then you don't mean "everyone?" Got it.

That being the case, it is illogical to retreat into an "Obviously, you do not get my point," argument.

Say what you mean and mean what you say. If you fail to do this, then don't try to blame it on the reader for failing to understand your point(s).

Me, argue? If it is arguing to call people on their statements that lack clarity, then yes.
    Just because my post was not tailored to your suiting or understanding, is not my responsibility.
    It appears that others understood exactly what I meant.
    If it goes over your head, so be it.

I would also venture to say that if you have never heard of any of the things that I listed, you have not been paying attention over the past years, whether here or elsewhere. You know, the other sites BlackBerry devices are discussed, that you don't know about.

Be Blessed.
    11-21-13 09:30 AM
    Just because my post was not tailored to your suiting or understanding, is not my responsibility.
    It appears that others understood exactly what I meant.
    If it goes over your head, so be it.

I would also venture to say that if you have never heard of any of the things that I listed, you have not been paying attention over the past years, whether here or elsewhere. You know, the other sites BlackBerry devices are discussed, that you don't know about.

Be Blessed.
    Do your own homework as to why all of the changes from BBOS to BB10 were made.
    It's not my responsibility to do it for you, because your world is limited to this site.
    But here's a starter.... The official BlackBerry Forums.
    You're deflecting. It's not about me or whether I've heard/not heard the things you list. It's about how you try to blame the reader with your "obviously" statements when you express your ideas in a less than clear fashion.

Be clear in your communication. Don't say "everyone" when you mean "some users." And when you fail to communicate clearly, simply correct it instead of resorting to patronizing "obviously, you didn't get my point," statements.

Simple.
    11-21-13 09:58 AM
    You're deflecting. It's not about me or whether I've heard/not heard the things you list. It's about how you try to blame the reader with your "obviously" statements when you express your ideas in a less than clear fashion.

Be clear in your communication. Don't say "everyone" when you mean "some users." And when you fail to communicate clearly, simply correct it instead of resorting to patronizing "obviously, you didn't get my point," statements.

Simple.
    In no way am I "deflecting".
    I just don't have to post in the fashion you seem fit.
    Go Away...

Simple...
    11-21-13 10:03 AM