I am new here and didn't see anything recently updated on this subject.

Does anyone have experience intermittently swapping SIM cards with iPhone 4 and a Z10, using an iPhone unlimited data plan. I want to start with the Z10, but I want to swap a bit until I get comfortable with only the Z10 and a stable OS release. I don't want to lose my unlimited data plan with ATT.
    ATT said it was possible, but I'd have to call them each time I swapped so they could change the plan from iPhone to BB and vice versa. They cautioned there was always a chance I'd end up losing the plan and would have to go through the bureaucracy to fix it.
    Any experience with this out there would be appreciated.
    11-19-13 11:43 AM

Does anyone have experience intermittently swapping SIM cards with iPhone 4 and a Z10, using an iPhone unlimited data plan. I want to start with the Z10, but I want to swap a bit until I get comfortable with only the Z10 and a stable OS release. I don't want to lose my unlimited data plan with ATT.
    ATT said it was possible, but I'd have to call them each time I swapped so they could change the plan from iPhone to BB and vice versa. They cautioned there was always a chance I'd end up losing the plan and would have to go through the bureaucracy to fix it.
    There is no difference between BB and iPhone data plans. Why do they care which phone you are using?
    In the past, there was, you couldn't use iPhone/Android data plan with BB since you needed BIS/BES, not anymore.
    11-19-13 11:56 AM
    There is a difference in the code that is provisioned on the account. I used to work for att.

AT&T Z10 Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1791
    11-19-13 12:01 PM

You run the risk getting an agent on the line who doesn't know what they are doing. You can change your own data plan from the bb unlimited back to iPhone unlimited. Log in to your online account and go to features.

flacrack likes this.
    11-19-13 12:03 PM
    There is a difference in the code that is provisioned on the account. I used to work for att.

Something new with plans? I used to use my 9700's sim on Windows Mobile and it used to work just fine, maybe it works only when the other phone cannot be identified by the carrier? But even then, it was their own Pantech device. In any case, he should not be facing losing his unlimited account.
    11-19-13 12:12 PM
    Something new with plans? I used to use my 9700's sim on Windows Mobile and it used to work just fine, maybe it works only when the other phone cannot be identified by the carrier? But even then, it was their own Pantech device. In any case, he should not be facing losing his unlimited account.
    He'd loose it if an incompetent agent makes a mistake provisioning the code. It's pretty foolproof doing it yourself.

AT&T Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1791
    11-19-13 01:30 PM
    He'd loose it if an incompetent agent makes a mistake provisioning the code. It's pretty foolproof doing it yourself.

I was lucky when partially incompetent agent in store made the switch for me when I was switching from 9900 to Android, she just removed my BES plan and insisted that she made no changes.. Now if I need to go back to BES, I will have to spend over an hour trying to explain to them that I need BES plan not just regular Internet, etc..
    I agree, it's a big risk letting those guys do it, not everyone is curvezzz.. I guess AT&T lost a good one when you left. Is there a trick to catching good reps, like a code, or something when we call AT&T?
    11-19-13 01:43 PM
    I was lucky when partially incompetent agent in store made the switch for me when I was switching from 9900 to Android, she just removed my BES plan and insisted that she made no changes.. Now if I need to go back to BES, I will have to spend over an hour trying to explain to them that I need BES plan not just regular Internet, etc..
    I agree, it's a big risk letting those guys do it, not everyone is curvezzz.. I guess AT&T lost a good one when you left. Is there a trick to catching good reps, like a code, or something when we call AT&T?
    Thanks lol but no trick. Luck of the draw I guess. Turnover is high in call centers.

11-19-13 01:55 PM
    Thanks Curvezzz! So each time I change, I need to update online? I guess I'll be swapping a bit less than I thought!
    curvezzz likes this.
    11-19-13 08:19 PM
    I switched between a z10 and iPhone 5 for awhile with no issues. When I finally traded my iPhone for a q10 and went to AT&T for a new sim, the guy refused to believe that my sim worked in both phones without any issues. I told him he was wrong. He re-provisioned my new sim and sent me on my way. I've now been switching between my z and Q without issues. So, I agree with whomever said there's no difference.

STL100-3 10.2.1.1055, SQN100-1 10.2.0.1803
    11-19-13 08:36 PM
    I have an iPhone 5 as my main device but I switch to my Z10 or S4 all the time using a sim adapter. Never have a problem. I want to set up my Z10 as my main but I would lose the nano sim so couldn't switch between the iPhone and Z10 anymore. Don't want to give up either one!

Posted on CB10 from my awesome Z10!
    11-19-13 10:03 PM