Does anyone know if T-Mobile still offers BBM with an unlimited texting plan and no data. There was an article posted in october of last year that mentioned T-Mobile would be bundling BBM with the unlimited text but when I called them about it they seemed to be oblivious as to what i was talking about.
    11-19-13 10:33 AM
    I think before BB10, bbm was bundled with the BIS package (5 bucks a month). Now with BB10 it's all under data so you need a data plan to bbm on the go.

Posted via Q10
    11-19-13 10:40 AM
    Well the phone I'm looking to activate this on is a bold 9700.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 11:35 AM
    Well the phone I'm looking to activate this on is a bold 9700.

Posted via CB10
    T-Mobile can put you on the generic data on the Simple Choice plan. It will get BBM. BIS is no longer required, even for legacy devices.
    11-19-13 12:02 PM
    T-Mobile can put you on the generic data on the Simple Choice plan. It will get BBM. BIS is no longer required, even for legacy devices.
    Wait...BIS is not required for legacy devices? Are you sure about that?
    11-19-13 10:04 PM
    If that's the case Tmo owes me some back money.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 10:09 PM
    BIS is still required for legacy devices.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 10:11 PM
    Wait...BIS is not required for legacy devices? Are you sure about that?
    I had my 9780 on the generic plan this year before buying my Z10. BBM worked perfectly without BIS.
    11-20-13 12:19 AM
    I had my 9780 on the generic plan this year before buying my Z10. BBM worked perfectly without BIS.
    I think you may have still been in the ~month-long window where the disconnection hasn't hit the phone. Try now, and it probably won't work.
    11-20-13 02:58 PM
    I think you may have still been in the ~month-long window where the disconnection hasn't hit the phone. Try now, and it probably won't work.
    I don't know what monthlong window you are talking about. I was in the store asking about the Z10 prior to it being released, approximately mid-March. The store manager told me that if I changed to the Simple Choice plan, my BBM would work on my 9780. So, I was no longer on BIS. I assume if I never bought the Z10 in April, my 9780 could still get BBM on the Simple Choice plan.

And my 9780 still has BBM working on it now, with no plan whatsoever.
    11-20-13 03:30 PM
    I don't know what monthlong window you are talking about. I was in the store asking about the Z10 prior to it being released, approximately mid-March. The store manager told me that if I changed to the Simple Choice plan, my BBM would work on my 9780. So, I was no longer on BIS. I assume if I never bought the Z10 in April, my 9780 could still get BBM on the Simple Choice plan.

And my 9780 still has BBM working on it now, with no plan whatsoever.
    Verrry interesting. Sounds like TMO's "bundled" BIS into their generic data plans. Makes sense, I guess, given their streamlining of plans/data options.

This deserves a new thread! Lol
    11-20-13 04:40 PM
    BBM requires no plan whatsoever... wifi is all that is needed... but of course there is still a mobility issue

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 07:39 AM
    BIS is still required for legacy devices.

Posted via CB10
    Email still goes through BIS, but not the internet. Just look at the headers on the email to verify it uses BIS. On the browser, run any program that checks IP and it will not be from a RIM server. This is on bb10.

My old 9780 has my TMobile blackberry email address. That address is supposed to go away at the end of the year, but I never got any notice.

To be clear here, I still have my 9780 with no simcard. I use it on wifi. Well not much any more since the z10 is more fun. But if the device has a BlackBerry ID, the mail comes through.

Using the 9780 over wifi, the browser is on my IP.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 02:37 AM
    BBM requires no plan whatsoever... wifi is all that is needed... but of course there is still a mobility issue

Posted via CB10
    Yep, a friend of mine was BBMing me from France to USA from a BBOS phone with no SIM. His SIM card was in his Q10.

Posted from my Z10
    11-26-13 08:57 AM
    Email still goes through BIS, but not the internet. Just look at the headers on the email to verify it uses BIS. On the browser, run any program that checks IP and it will not be from a RIM server. This is on bb10.

My old 9780 has my TMobile blackberry email address. That address is supposed to go away at the end of the year, but I never got any notice.

To be clear here, I still have my 9780 with no simcard. I use it on wifi. Well not much any more since the z10 is more fun. But if the device has a BlackBerry ID, the mail comes through.

Using the 9780 over wifi, the browser is on my IP.

Posted via CB10
    Well, my Blackberry email is gone somehow... but I have a yahoo email and an inbox.com email working on wifi only. My twitter, facebook, beweather and BB World all work on wifi only. I am glad that these things still work on my 9780.
    11-26-13 04:30 PM
    Well, my Blackberry email is gone somehow... but I have a yahoo email and an inbox.com email working on wifi only. My twitter, facebook, beweather and BB World all work on wifi only. I am glad that these things still work on my 9780.
    I'm trying to recall what happens if you haven't given the Bold your blackberry ID? That is maybe everything but the BlackBerry TMobile account will be there.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 02:37 AM
    Verrry interesting. Sounds like TMO's "bundled" BIS into their generic data plans. Makes sense, I guess, given their streamlining of plans/data options.

This deserves a new thread! Lol
    They have. Few months ago I was trying to add bis my plan when I had the 9900 and the rep said it's all included. No more extra $$$.

? Posted with Q10 ?
    11-29-13 11:40 AM
    They have. Few months ago I was trying to add bis my plan when I had the 9900 and the rep said it's all included. No more extra $$$.

? Posted with Q10 ?
    That BIS fee was added. I don't know the year though.y plan is old so I never had the fee.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 01:37 PM
    I don't think BIS was ever extra on postpaid plans? You just had to make sure you were getting one if you had a BlackBerry.
    11-29-13 02:08 PM
    I don't think BIS was ever extra on postpaid plans? You just had to make sure you were getting one if you had a BlackBerry.
    Postpaid?

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 02:37 PM
    Postpaid?

Posted via CB10
    Last year, T-Mobile did charge more for the BIS for some plans, but that changed this year with the Simple Choice plan. Their entire pricing structure is different this year.
    12-26-13 11:34 AM