"The new BlackBerry Z30 smartphone is available from Vodacom for the recommended retail price of R8 799 ? pricing may vary at stores.

The smartphone is also available on Vodacom Smart S for R399 per month which includes Anytime Talk, Mobile Internet and Anytime Text. Customers who opt for this deal will also be able to choose from one of these five gifts: Always on travel and car charger, Bluetooth headset, Power bank battery back-up, SanDisk 8Gig memory card or an over ear headset.

This deal will be available until 6 December."

BlackBerry Z30 available in South Africa | IT News Africa- Africa's Technology News Leader

That's such a ****y price. Seriously, $870 and why are there soft launches everywhere for the phone? ? :/

Exchange rate as of today is R10.12 for a $

Here's another link

http://mybroadband.co.za/news/smartp...th-africa.html

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 09:45 AM
    That's such a ****y price. Seriously, $870, why are there soft launches everywhere for the phone? ? :/
    Because BlackBerry figure out people aren't buying what they have to sell right now.

They couldn't just scrape the Z30, they were too far along and had made commitments. But that didn't mean that they had to promote it, didn't mean that had to overproduce it, or that they had to discount it.
    11-19-13 10:01 AM
    I'm blaming the carrier for the price.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 10:06 AM
    Except that carrier doesn't even have it
    After about a dozen phone calls and being bull****ted backwards and forwards they don't have stock and the device isn't available.
    Yet Vodacom has advertised it as available in SA.
    They advertised in on their FB page on the 19th and browsing to their website, you can see it on page 5 of the deals section.

But every other person I speak to from that useless company tells me that it's not available or not launched or just launched and not released, or another number of utter nonsense comments.

It says "order this online now"?
    What would you think that means?
    Because it seems the Vodacom speaks a different English language to the rest of the world at large.
    Available till the 6th of December my ***

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    11-23-13 07:45 AM
    Have you tried phoning the vodacom store in vodacom midrand? According to the press release it's available there.

I'm hoping and waiting for Fnb to offer it.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 10:20 AM
    Have you tried phoning the vodacom store in vodacom midrand? According to the press release it's available there.

I'm hoping and waiting for Fnb to offer it.

Posted via CB10
    You mean VodaWorld? No not yet, since it's a freaking mission and a half, despite that I called customer care, sales center and called a number of stores. Each one told me the same thing, that it is only launched, not released, they don't have stock it's not in the channels blah blah blah. And I queried if it was only available in midrand, to which I got told no there is no stock it's not in the country and all sorts of other useless information.

This is exactly what they did with the Z10s, I got info on the release date and every single one of those useless employees basically told me I was talking crap, went to VodaWorld on that day and wouldn't you know it, there it was. Bunch of idiots.

What makes matters worse is they all say it's not available and only next month etc etc etc yet it's there on their website and every I mention that the conversation gets diverted. I was on the phone with the upgrades department and explained this whole story and that I saw it on their website, I repeated the words Z30 over and over. She gave me grief for about 10 minutes wanting to confirm every single security question in front of her, finally when she was satisfied she asks "so you want the BlackBerry Z10?" I almost wanted to cry, then she asks me to hold, says she's going to check and never ever came back to the phone. Their customer service is getting worse and worse.

11-23-13 11:31 AM
    That's truly crapy!! I guess we'll have to wait till next week, hopefully it will be available.

Yip sorry, couldn't recall it-VodaWorld.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 01:58 PM
    That's truly crapy!! I guess we'll have to wait till next week, hopefully it will be available.

Yip sorry, couldn't recall it-VodaWorld.

Posted via CB10
    I'm gonna give them a call tomorrow and see.
    I'll keep you posted!!!

11-23-13 04:22 PM
    Was at a Vodacom shop at The Boulders looking for a demo phone and they didn't have it, They told me to go to VodaWorld.

Posted via White Z10
    11-24-13 01:00 AM
    Bought mine yesterday at Vodacom Canal Walk, they only had two in stock, no demo model and absolutely no sign of advertising.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-13 09:56 AM
    So you can get them in store in CT but no JHB?
    I sposse there is no VodaWorld there, but FFS maybe they are just being assholes to me, but they keep telling me it's not available.
    I think I'm going to make a mission to VodaWorld tomorrow. Really hating Vodacom right now, gonna go spread some more hate with on their FB page with this new tidbit of info.

Did I read correctly, is it exclusive to Vodacom?

11-24-13 05:00 PM
    So you can get them in store in CT but no JHB?
    I sposse there is no VodaWorld there, but FFS maybe they are just being assholes to me, but they keep telling me it's not available.
    I think I'm going to make a mission to VodaWorld tomorrow. Really hating Vodacom right now, gonna go spread some more hate with on their FB page with this new tidbit of info.

Did I read correctly, is it exclusive to Vodacom?

Shouldn't be, cell c also confirmed that they going to stock it.

I have asked them on their Facebook page and they said they'll get back to me today when they getting it.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-13 11:26 PM
    If anyone in SA gets their hands on a Z30, could you post your device info? I think it should be the mythical STA100-6, but I want to be sure.
    raino likes this.
    11-24-13 11:28 PM
    These Network operators are also to blame for BlackBerry's poor sales.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-13 11:36 PM
    i was told by Nashua on Thursday they had stock. when i asked for a list of shops in cape town; the looking into it. to date i am still waiting for a reply from them. Nashua canal walk (cape town) told me they (nashua) has 7 devices on Saturday. i could get one if i move to the smart L package on Vodacom.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    11-25-13 12:23 AM
    If anyone in SA gets their hands on a Z30, could you post your device info? I think it should be the mythical STA100-6, but I want to be sure.
    Will get back to you on this...
    11-25-13 01:11 AM
    Got mine, it is the STA - 6. Bought at Vodacom Canal Walk for R8839.00

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 02:41 AM
    According to Cell C representative on Facebook it's available in stores. Here's the link I got from using the search feature within cell c's website :

http://www.cellc.co.za/cell-phones/blackberry/z30

No deals shown so maybe site still needs to be updated.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 04:27 AM
    Got a call back from Vodacom today, they "miraculously" have stock today if I would like to come in and do my upgrade. When I asked why they had told me it would only be available next month and hadn't arrived in the country yet, I ofcourse got no answer.

Seriously considering doing a serious change up of my contracts. So tired of these terrible levels of service, would have left Vodacom ages ago if any of the other providers coverage was on par

11-25-13 10:20 AM
    Got mine, it is the STA - 6. Bought at Vodacom Canal Walk for R8839.00
    Would you mind installing a free app from App World called Signal, and posting a screenshot of the radio bands? It will look something like this:

BlackBerry Z30 Available In South Africa-jupiter8.png

Thanks.
    11-25-13 10:38 AM
    Seriously considering doing a serious change up of my contracts. So tired of these terrible levels of service, would have left Vodacom ages ago if any of the other providers coverage was on par
    You shouldn't have to put up with that (assuming there isn't a financial penalty for breaking a contract.) Does your country have prepaid MVNOs? Here in the US, the big contract carriers have MVNOs that use their networks, but provide cheaper service. The trade-off is usually weaker customer service (understandable, because in a way you aren't paying for it on a discount carrier,) retail pricing on phones, and no access to the latest and greatest networks (LTE.)
    11-25-13 10:44 AM
    BlackBerry Z30 Available In South Africa-img_00000992.png

Posted via CB10
    raino likes this.
    11-25-13 11:44 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000992.png 
Views:	816 
Size:	125.4 KB 
ID:	224147
    Thanks! Are you sure you bought a STA100-6 (as in, does the box say that?) Based on these bands, the phone looks to be a STA100-2. It's entirely possible the two have the same bands, but I just want to make sure.
    11-25-13 12:07 PM
    BlackBerry Z30 Available In South Africa-img_00000974.png

Posted via CB10
    raino likes this.
    11-25-13 02:17 PM
    Happy days are here at last!
    Haven't unboxed yet, so will check back here later on if anyone has any questions

BlackBerry Z30 Available In South Africa-img_00000467_edit.jpg

11-26-13 03:29 AM
75 123