10 indonesia government official are being spied by australia spy agency... 2 of them using BB9000 ( BBOS are more secure than BB10)

so for all the posters in here saying BB are NSA / spy agent proof looks like they are wrong...

Australia's spy agencies targeted Indonesian president's mobile phone | World news | theguardian.com

note :
    there are still confusion is it just "attempted" or "sucessful"...because it still new situation..it seems i need to find a better source...so for now my post status it still being "unproven, need more data"

update from BB indonesia (translation)
    right now we can't make further comment, we still need to see australia tappering method..if it's only voice it is using carrier network..but if it is email or BBM it's using BB server"

"security is one of our main concern, from the beginning Blackberry made for enterprise, so security is already on our DNA"

source (indonesian language)
    http://inet.detik.com/read/2013/11/1...ata-blackberry
    Last edited by garnok; 11-19-13 at 09:07 AM.
    richardat likes this.
    11-19-13 06:19 AM
    Odd, it says "tried to monitor" and "attempted"

So was the spying 100% successful? Or were there a few bits they couldn't get?

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 06:35 AM

Posted via CB10
    I'd like to know that too

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 06:38 AM

Posted via CB10
    it happened

australia minister indirectly already confirm it :
    http://edition.cnn.com/2013/11/19/wo...ralia-spy-row/

point is :
    no matter what phone you use , if they want to the government will find a way to tapped your phone
    11-19-13 06:46 AM
    So they listened in on phone calls? If you're talking top secret stuff a phone call is not the way to do it on any platform.
    11-19-13 06:49 AM
    The data that the DSD was trying to get was voice data, not email or other device data. It looks like all they were able to get is the numbers called and the length of the call. They could have copied the phone bill of the official and gotten the same information. Plus, 3G is still relatively new to southeast Asia so who knows how effective the carriers' implementation of it is in terms of Western style security? Also, were these personal phones? Even a Bold 9000 on a civilian network isn't much safer, and BlackBerry 10 is just as secure as BBOS since both of them rely on BES for their security.
    11-19-13 06:50 AM
    Lol this is phone calls

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-19-13 06:53 AM
    Did you actually read the article?

I only saw three phones mentioned directly (not on a slide): the president and first lady using Nokia N90-1's and the vice president using a BlackBerry Bold 9000. And even then, they only mention phone calls intercepted from the president, who was using a...wait for it...Nokia not a BlackBerry. There is ZERO mention of the BlackBerry Bold 9000 having it's calls intercepted.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 06:53 AM
    10 indonesia government official are being spied by australia spy agency... 2 of them using BB9000 ( BBOS are more secure than BB10)

so for all the posters in here saying BB are NSA / spy agent proof looks like they are wrong...

Australia's spy agencies targeted Indonesian president's mobile phone | World news | theguardian.com
    Check your facts... all of them and then try again. I have not seen a post this wrong in a long time...

#GetWithBB10 Channel @ C000D7228
    Mecca EL, glennster28 and blackmoe like this.
    11-19-13 06:56 AM
    The intelligence agency also tried to listen in on what was said on at least one occasion. But the call was less than a minute long and could not be successfully tapped, ABC reported.
    Says it all really Not tapped , they could only monitor location of devices as is easy with any device.
    11-19-13 07:01 AM
    Did you actually read the article?

I only saw three phones mentioned directly (not on a slide): the president and first lady using Nokia N90-1's and the vice president using a BlackBerry Bold 9000. And even then, they only mention phone calls intercepted from the president, who was using a...wait for it...Nokia not a BlackBerry. There is ZERO mention of the BlackBerry Bold 9000 having it's calls intercepted.

Posted via CB10
    maybe because the news try to focus on president phone (nokia)...

so what the different between german and indonesia tapping ?

why some posters in here try to mock other platform? when Germany government official phone are tapped bythe NSA...isn't it is the samething...?

please correct me if i'm wrong...i will be happy to delete my post
    11-19-13 07:16 AM

Australia's spy agencies have ATTEMPTED to listen in on the personal phone calls of the Indonesian president, Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, and have targeted the mobile phones of his wife, senior ministers and confidants, a top-secret document from whistleblower Edward Snowden reveals.
    Do you understand the difference between attempted and successfully? Guess NOT
    11-19-13 07:20 AM
    maybe because the news try to focus on president phone (nokia)...

so what the different between german and indonesia tapping ?

why some posters in here try to mock other platform? when Germany government official phone are tapped bythe NSA...isn't it is the samething...?

please correct me if i'm wrong...i will be happy to delete my post
    The German Chancellor was not using a BB at the time of the snooping.
    canuckvoip likes this.
    11-19-13 07:24 AM
    it happened

australia minister indirectly already confirm it :
    Australia's Tony Abbott refuses to apologize over Indonesia spy scandal - CNN.com

point is :
    no matter what phone you use , if they want to the government will find a way to tapped your phone
    Please show in the link, where the ones with the BB phones were confirmed to be hacked. HINT: You can't
    11-19-13 07:24 AM
    As far as i know ind pres is a long time bb user and not nokia he event famous for being addict to bb
    11-19-13 07:47 AM
    I read that somewhere when bbry didnt want to upen factory there and ppl got mad ,bbry open it in mlsy instead
    11-19-13 07:49 AM
    11-19-13 07:53 AM
    Call interception is not data interception!

Posted via CB10
    rthonpm likes this.
    11-19-13 08:00 AM
    They have been saying this for so long. But there is no proof of any email/BBM being hacked yet. It's just all talk.
    They have no problem proving they can hack into any other phone why not blackberry's?

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 08:02 AM
    The German Chancellor was not using a BB at the time of the snooping.
    i know just want to point out that some posters in here mock other platform when merkel phone are being tapped...but from news i read it is the samething (correct me if i m wrong) they only tapped merkel phone calls like other poster above me said.

yes today she using a special BB Z10 more spy proof...not regular BB Z10
    11-19-13 08:02 AM
    They have been saying this for so long. But there is no proof of any email/BBM being hacked yet. It's just all talk.
    They have no problem proving they can hack into any other phone why not blackberry's?

Posted via CB10
    last article being reported by snowden. so from his track record, and story he is telling....many of them are being proven it is right..

but yes in the report also said BES and BIS are more difficult to crack for the first time...but they still can crack it and collect information same as other platform.
    11-19-13 08:09 AM
    last article being reported by snowden. so from his track record, and story he is telling....many of them are being proven it is right..

but yes in the report also said BES and BIS are more difficult to crack for the first time...but they still can crack it and collect information same as other platform.
    Haven't been done yet...

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 08:16 AM
    I Love BlackBerry!
    Not sure if you understand how telephone calls work, but to a general phone call over 3G or EDGE etc. are all the same regardless of the phone you use. But anything over BES or BIS is secure, so i would imagine that BBM Voice would be covered by the BlackBerry security that BB is famous for.
    11-19-13 08:36 AM
    Unsuccessful attempt to discredit BlackBerry. If you don't like the phone, move along.
    11-19-13 08:36 AM
    for my post "australia spy agency can spy indonesia government official BB phone" like other poster above said , yes there are some uncertainty with article i used to backup my claim... and yes i'm sorry i should find a better source to backup my post...

but i still defence my claim , that if they want to spy agencies can tap phone we use...no matter what platform it is.
    11-19-13 08:38 AM
50 12