For the average smartphone user, BB10 is a failure so far. The average user doesn't want to side load to get non native apps. We want to go to BlackBerry World and download it. We definitely aren't comfortable installing leaked OS in order to make our phones, easier it seems to get non native apps. I know people are going to come back and call me a Troll and lazy for not side loading and installing leaks. My opinion is that most of you would consider it a failure if you couldn't side load and install leaks to improve the performance of your devices . I can't see why a developer would really want to develop native apps if we can get them free. If you scan though the forums, like stated kind of earlier, that if Android apps weren't available there would be a lot of unhappy users. I still like my z10 and hoping that Tmobile gets the Z30 so I can get my wife off of her S4, but when I read the app gap is closed, it kind of makes me question that.
    I guess my real point is, is it a really good thing that Android apps are going to be easier to install for BlackBerrys future? Cause then we're Android dependent, sort of and will it bring more people to BlackBerry?

Last question when you install an app from amazon or mobile 1?,do you have to give it all the permissions like downloading it with an Android phone?
    Ok, ready to get attacked.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 10:52 AM
    11-18-13 10:55 AM
    Get ready to get attacked?.... strange how none of my Android friends ever tell me how they have been attacked.

There is no doubt that BB10 has failed. Of course I think BB10 is the best mobile OS out there right now (haven't used WP8). But it is immature and needs about another year to get to where it needs to be. But the problem is people aren't concerned with the OS, they want a Platform. And THAT is where BlackBerry really failed, thus making BB10 irelevent.
    Donvald, M65c02, richardat and 1 others like this.
    11-18-13 10:59 AM
    With that title, prepare to get some controversial comments!

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 11:02 AM
    Is it really that bad here @ CrackBerry?
    11-18-13 11:02 AM
    With that title, prepare to get some controversial comments!

Posted via CB10
    I was hoping stating "mostly" might help and included " so far " for extra protection.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 11:20 AM
    Is it really that bad here @ CrackBerry?
    Damn scary place at times.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 11:20 AM
    Well i was an iPhone user and got a Z10 like 3 weeks ago, and to be honest i like it a lot. I do all my work on it it helps me in everything, the apps that I NEED are there and the OS is more than enough for me. I like bb 10 way better than iOS which i used for 3 years. BB 10 is just innovative in my opinion.
    11-18-13 11:23 AM
    I was hoping stating "mostly" might help and included " so far " for extra protection.

Posted via CB10
    Red rags and bulls spring to mind!

Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1803 O2 UK
    11-18-13 11:26 AM
    What's the point if getting your wife off of the S4? She install BBM and run all of the Android apps natively. Unless there is some reason she needs to be on BB, why waste time and money to switch her over?
    11-18-13 11:28 AM
    The OS isn't a failure. The company is.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    11-18-13 11:29 AM
    Does anyone really think that BB10 would be perfect at launch? Was ios perfect when it first launched ? Was Android when it first launched?
    No to both questions.
    BB10 is still very new and it will have lots of growing pains. We are spoiled with the other two os,because they have been around a long time
    BB10 will get better.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 11:32 AM
    treaker what it is, is BB10 was quite a bit late to the party. When they released BB10, it was a pretty soft OS, missing a lot of features that 10.2 had, but BB10 should have had on it's release.

Add the lack of apps, the lack of knowledge about side loading, the lack of advertising, and the dreaded blackberry name, and it was quite possibly doomed from the start.

I think if the Z10 and Q10 came with 10.2 preloaded, it might not have been so poorly received by the average consumer. When people think BlackBerry,

When people think BlackBerry, this is what comes to mind:

Fortunately for BB, this is what people associated with Apple for quite a few years, and they were able to convince the general public they're innovative.

I think BlackBerry has a fighting chance if they can get the Play Store going.
    kbz1960, spike12, cman5 and 3 others like this.
    11-18-13 11:49 AM
    Well, I don't think BB10 is a failure....I think bringing apps to BB10 is where the failure lies. BB10, in my opinion is the best OS on the market. I've said this many times, and I will continue to say it. I find that I can get much more done using BB10 than I would with Android or iOS. I have never installed a leak, I'm not comfortable doing that. I only run the official OS. My Z10 was awesome, and my Z30 is even better. This is a brand new OS, and yes, it still needs to mature, but that doesn't mean it's a failure. BB10 has evolved faster than any other NEW OS. It's been 10 months since it has been released, and they keep putting out new features and adding great things. Some things are catching up to other OS's, and others are new things to BB, which is great. Now with the upcoming release of 10.2.1, which gives significantly more support for the android runtimes, the app issue will be a thing of the past. You will be able to download and install Android apps directly from your BB. No more 'sideloading'. No more converting to .bar files. You can go to the amazon store, directly from your BB, select an app you want and install it right from your phone. Again, BB continues to improve, continues to give what users are asking for, and they are growing very fast. So your comment about BB10 being a failure seems a little harsh, considering you seem to be a BB fan as well. Blackberry screwing up a number of times, doing things that just don't make sense? Absolutely. I can show many failures in regards to what the company has done. But I don't think BB10 itself is where the failure lies.
    11-18-13 11:49 AM
    Does anyone really think that BB10 would be perfect at launch? Was ios perfect when it first launched ? Was Android when it first launched?
    No to both questions.
    BB10 is still very new and it will have lots of growing pains. We are spoiled with the other two os,because they have been around a long time
    BB10 will get better.

Posted via CB10
    They still aren't perfect. iOS still has some bizarre bugs that have never been fixed.
    Loc22 and Paisley Pirate like this.
    11-18-13 12:00 PM
    treaker what it is, is BB10 was quite a bit late to the party. When they released BB10, it was a pretty soft OS, missing a lot of features that 10.2 had, but BB10 should have had on it's release.

Add the lack of apps, the lack of knowledge about side loading, the lack of advertising, and the dreaded blackberry name, and it was quite possibly doomed from the start.

I think if the Z10 and Q10 came with 10.2 preloaded, it might not have been so poorly received by the average consumer. When people think BlackBerry,

When people think BlackBerry, this is what comes to mind:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-_-JOzWUbMj...PEARL-8100.jpg

Fortunately for BB, this is what people associated with Apple for quite a few years, and they were able to convince the general public they're innovative.

http://www.vectronicsappleworld.com/...iie/snap20.jpg

I think BlackBerry has a fighting chance if they can get the Play Store going.
    Totally agree. BTW this will be their LAST chance. Very few times in life a third or fourth chance comes along, so they better make this Android app availability count big time.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    11-18-13 12:09 PM
    The majority of smartphone users like apps, app selection even if they are crap, apps even if they will install the apps and not use them...then there are the others that like reliability, the platform itself, the phone usefulness, the practical users that is. I find BB10 provides all the tools I need for work, I find it the whole platform useful and reliable. I don't care for a range of apps that simply take up space in a phone. I can wait for updates so I don't even bother with the leaks. I guess is a matter of choices. The failure itself is right there, dictated by the first group which is the majority, the ones that like apps and selection even if they don't work or even if they aren't being used..so I dont think is on BB10
    11-18-13 12:13 PM
    BB10 is NOT a failure.....the issues with iOS are very quirky and weird....such as, i have seen on the new iPad, if you click on the "Brightness" options in the settings TWICE, it crashes Settings....REALLY? What the heck is that all about? I could see if you did something like that in a 3rd party app...but in the SETTINGS app? They have made 7 iphones and they STILL can't get Settings working properly? How many times has my Blackberry Z10 crashed in 2 months? ZERO....i've had Android apps that were side-loaded crash a couple times...but NEVER had FaceBook, Twitter, Hub, etc...crash....
    11-18-13 12:21 PM
    No to both questions.
    BB10 will get better.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think we expected a perfect OS at launch & it's fair to say it's a new OS that needs time to mature. However, let's not forget that BlackBerry was already sinking badly before BB10 launched & there was delay after delay leading me to believe that they we're really going to make this OS as polished as possible because it NEEDED to be! What they delivered was very innovative, fresh but also buggy as hell! Horrible battery life, reboot issues which drove many people insane & MANY other glitches I don't need to get too detailed about. As the saying goes, 'you only have one chance to make a first impression ' & even though I was sold on it for what was to come & is yet to come, they really blew it!
    The biggest issue I have with comparing this launch to ios or Android is that BlackBerry had been in the game already for many yrs & you might have expected more from THEM as opposed to ios & android who were starting from scratch when they entered.
    Thankfully they have survived thus far & they've rid themselves of a CEO who in my opinion failed plus have addressed most of the OS's shortfalls & have brought someone in who appears to have the ability to turn this ship around but only time will tell for sure.
    Anyhow, for me? I'm perfectly content owning what I consider the best OS available but it appears the forces that matter have a different opinion and /or they have bought into another OS because of perception that it's better which in some respects it is. BlackBerry's biggest failure IMO is not the lack of apps but rather a failed marketing attempt to make people realize this is not the same old BlackBerry. Until you change people's perception of this company, it will be an steep uphill battle! What good is having the best, most innovative OS if people don't care about you anymore?

Posted via CB10
    acovey and anon(4044683) like this.
    11-18-13 12:22 PM
    Im self employed, I run most of my business on my Z10. It totally fails to disappoint me in any way. Disgusting!
    m1kr0, Loc22, anon8091350 and 2 others like this.
    11-18-13 12:26 PM
    The OS isn't a failure. The company is.

If the OS was a success, the company would be a success. If the OS is a failure, then... BB10 is Blackberry's biggest product so there's no real interchanging between BBRY's and BB10's success/failure.
    11-18-13 12:28 PM
    hahahhaahha lmao
    11-18-13 12:28 PM
    blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Posted via CB10
    Drayk, Paisley Pirate and M65c02 like this.
    11-18-13 12:29 PM
    If the OS was a success, the company would be a success. If the OS is a failure, then... BB10 is Blackberry's biggest product so there's no real interchanging between BBRY's and BB10's success/failure.
    Flawed logic. By that line of deduction you could say bbOS was a failure just because it's no longer popular.

11-18-13 12:29 PM
    OP, you have almost survived the first page...
    GS51 and spyeagle like this.
    11-18-13 12:31 PM
145 123 ...