I just turned off traffic data settings. I don't even know how that sucker snuck in there! Hopefully it helps.

Also, I don't keep any apps open unless I'm using them. I'm almost afraid to even use apps on my phone half of the time my battery life is so bad.

Sorry I don't know why I understood 30 mins lol. I have my screen timeout to 20. I have my brightness set to 1/6th setting. This is good enough for me.

I also have a 32GB SD card. I try to keep everything on it as well.

Vader: I haven't tweaked any push settings. Is this a known big battery drain? What carrier are you on and how's your coverage?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BergerKing; 11-18-13 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Edited in lieu of infraction.
    11-18-13 08:49 AM
    I'm getting fairly high idle usage. I know it's not normal and haven't narrowed it down yet. I've figured that active frames barley drain battery, they're actually really energy efficient.

8 hours = 30 % battery. This is overnight so I know I didn't even pick it up. It just started draining badly one day. It's apparently a system service of some kind. I used to be able to get a day easy of usage.

Also, if I turn off just mobile data, idle usage for 8h goes down to 12%. Call radio still on.

It doesn't affect my day yet but it would be nice to fix it and know it can last even longer.
    Last edited by Chanlion; 11-18-13 at 09:06 AM.
    11-18-13 08:56 AM
    I don't feel like going through the thread.

What os are you running?
    What radios do you have enabled?
    What side loaded android applications do you have installed?

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 09:00 AM
    @thewzrd, if you want to work on peaks and tweaks about battery life, use a better title. Also, if you have an issue with any moderation on the threads, take it to private messaging. Now, I am fixing your title, and I'm leaving the thread open so you can clearly see that you have been informed how to handle a situation in the future, in case you didn't know. Being as you are a newbie to to forums, there is recommended reading called the Community Rules and Guidelines, which are highly informative.
    11-18-13 10:55 AM
    STL100-3
    Radio bersion: 10.1.0.4781
    Radios turned on: 4G, Wi-Fi
    Sideloaded apps: None
    Official apps & Android ports: a lot

Apps most often used: Phone, Messages (e-mail/sms/mms), Contacts, Calendar, Browser (light use), Remember (very light use), Password Keeper (very light use), Box (very light use), Maps (very light use), Camera (light use), T-MOBILE Wi-Fi app (off most of the time), NFL (light/average use), CB (light/average use).

That's all I do. My phone isn't capable of doing more. I have a ton of apps installed but I don't dare use them because it can't even handle the basics without draining the battery. As it stands from 9am to 1pm and I'm sitting at 42% battery which may sound like a lot but around 4pm I'll have to change out the battery because it's dead. That's on a day of light use. On a day with heavy use the phone might be dead by noon-1pm. I'm usually on my phone starting at 7am.

I'm about to wipe the phone (to get rid of a ton of apps I never use) and start from scratch. Another thing I was thinking was to run 2G and wifi and leaving the T-Mobile app on all the time.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 12:09 PM
    My battery lasts about 36hrs �. I turned off:

- wifi, bluetooth, NFC, Hotspot, tethering OFF, unless I specifically need it on.
    - all location services OFF, and turn back on when maps needed, etc.
    - settings: security: diagnostics - off. This transmits diagnostics & usage of your phone back to RIM - to help them diagnose glitches with their product.
    - set calendar & contact syncing to every 12hrs. (set at the lowest you need).
    - keep most apps (esp camera) closed unless needed.

What I've really noticed to drain battery very quickly - when I'm in an area of poor reception (my cottage). It keeps searching to try to improve signal, so battery barely lasts 6-8hrs with very minimal use.
    11-18-13 02:57 PM
    Download task manager from BlackBerry World and see if you have anything running in the background.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 03:16 PM
    Nine and a half hours 20% left...
    Battery usage has improved with. 12.2 1.176 leak...
    Ways to tweak Z10 battery life.-img_00000013.png

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 03:32 PM
    Here's what I have running:

Ways to tweak Z10 battery life.-img_00000208.png

Posted via CB10
    Montrice Martin likes this.
    11-18-13 04:02 PM
    I don't use 8tracks or CBS Sports. They shouldn't be running unless I have manually opened the app. Same with T-Mobile My Account. I never check my account through there. Calendar storage I'm not sure what that is.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 04:05 PM
    I have a RSSI of -57dBm on LTE. That probably helps battery life.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 04:21 PM
    Here's a pic of my battery life on a normal day. Is it normal that the screen uses so much god damn battery? My brightness was set at minimum the whole time.

But my idle usage is very good, so I'd your phone is draining on idle you have a problem. Backup your data, and security wipe the phone. Try it for a day without restoring your backup and see if it helps, otherwise it might be OS or hardware related

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1055
    11-18-13 05:06 PM
    I know this doesn't answer your specific questions, but can I suggest the 4500mAh battery. I purchased it from Amazon for 20 shipped and comes with bigger back door. Yes it makes it thicker but not unreasonable and I never have to worry about battery life, just plug in at night and still be about 50% left after heavy use, games,internet, text and calls

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 06:34 PM
    Turns out Skype was also running in the background. I'm uninstalling all the apps I see are waking up from time to time to use my battery life! That app will help me optimize the phone's battery life. Thanks!

Ironic, BlackBerry makes a phone better suited for apps and I'm forced to end up uninstalling the apps because of the battery...lol

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 07:52 PM
    Turns out Skype was also running in the background. I'm uninstalling all the apps I see are waking up from time to time to use my battery life! That app will help me optimize the phone's battery life. Thanks!

Ironic, BlackBerry makes a phone better suited for apps and I'm forced to end up uninstalling the apps because of the battery...lol

Posted via CB10
    I'm not a Skype user, but at the moment there are no headless apps in bb10. So doesn't Skype show up on your active app page?

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 09:09 PM
    I see you're still running 10.1. That's already one of the culprits.

Z10STL100-1/10.2.0.1803
    11-18-13 09:13 PM
    That's what I'm working on correcting now Ron.

Where is the active app page? You mean the active frames? No.

Just saw Endmondo running. Deleted that one as well.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 11:21 PM
    Nine and a half hours 20% left...
    Battery usage has improved with. 12.2 1.176 leak...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000013.png 
Views:	1291 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	222080

Posted via CB10

Ouch , that looks bad.
    You mentioned Skype, I doubt skype is going to cause a major battery drain since there is no activity or push unless you have a lot of friends going online/offline all the time. I really would like to keep skype running all the time, so that's kind of important.
    I know this doesn't answer your specific questions, but can I suggest the 4500mAh battery. I purchased it from Amazon for 20 shipped and comes with bigger back door. Yes it makes it thicker but not unreasonable and I never have to worry about battery life, just plug in at night and still be about 50% left after heavy use, games,internet, text and calls

Posted via CB10
    Can we have a link to it please? How long have you been using it?
    How long have you been using it? I am a bit skeptical when it comes to 3rd party batteries, with them bloating/inflating, finally exploding.. I also would rather go with something like 2500mAh or so just a tad bit better and keep original battery as spare if I am traveling, otherwise 4500 seems like overkill.
    How about power skins?
    11-19-13 12:09 AM
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...bUvbUpU9572654
    I was skeptical at first too, but seen a lot of good reviews on here so I decided to give it a shot. Been using for about a month and a half. It actually runs cooler than the stock one, which would heat up on me offend. Only had this one heat up on a graphic intense game.

Posted via CB10
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    11-19-13 01:08 AM
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...bUvbUpU9574026
    I was skeptical at first too, but seen a lot of good reviews on here so I decided to give it a shot. Been using for about a month and a half. It actually runs cooler than the stock one, which would heat up on me offend. Only had this one heat up on a graphic intense game.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. It looks so thick it may raise suspicion at checkpoints but it may make it more comfortable to hold with two hands when typing.

Sent from my LG-P870 using Tapatalk
    11-19-13 08:45 AM
    8tracks is always running for me too... when I saw that it runs unnecessarily...I removed it

Posted via the awesome keyboard on Z10STL100-1/10.2.0.1791 using CB10 App
    11-19-13 10:52 AM
    Not much difference today. Very light use no programs running in the background, running radio at 2G, wifi on the entire time. 9am-2:30pm only have 41% left.

What could be draining this battery so much?

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 01:30 PM
    running radio at 2G,
    11-19-13 01:46 PM
    Just a suggestion here. Can we keep this thread relative to the -1 version. It is on the TI chip set.

I'm not saying the Qualcom versions don't have problems, but it doesn't make sense to mix comments on what are really two different phones.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/BlackBerry_Z10

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 07:03 PM
    My phone is a -3 version and I'm also having major battery problems. Why would you want to limit it only to the -1?

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 07:12 AM
29 12