Friend of mine's phone crashed. She loves BB. Wanted the keyboard. Showed her how my Z worked. She wanted the Q. Walked into ATT to get one. They didn't have any. Period. Said they could ship one to her. she was pretty mad as they are an ATT store and she expected them to have them in stock. Got the Iphone because she needed the phone right then and there and couldn't wait a day or two.
    11-17-13 09:33 PM
    So they didn't have any other BB models? such as z10.
    11-17-13 09:38 PM
    So it is AT&T's fault for stocking the store based on what sells rather than carrying non-moving inventory in the hopes that one day, some random, massively impatient customer comes in and can't accept a day or two delay? The nerve...
    11-17-13 09:50 PM
    So it is AT&T's fault for stocking the store based on what sells rather than carrying non-moving inventory in the hopes that one day, some random, massively impatient customer comes in and can't accept a day or two delay? The nerve...
    How don't you have options for your customers? I thought this was 'murica.

Posted via CB10
    SK122387 and mrzeolite like this.
    11-17-13 09:57 PM
    Nope
    They didn't have any
    Seeing that more and more.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 10:02 PM
    She could of waited impatient woman sigh

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 10:05 PM
    Or she could order the Q10 and when it ships to her or the store she could return the iPhone

Posted from my Z30.
    JR A, MaxR_A, garnok and 7 others like this.
    11-17-13 10:08 PM
    She is a massage therapist. Her business line is her cellphone. No phone, no appointments.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 10:08 PM
    The noteworthy part of the story is here in the Philly area, if you want an iPhone it's walk in the store and "get lucky" they have one or order and wait 2-3weeks. So how crazy is it that she wants a Q10 and their out but have an iPhone for her...

Posted with my Q10 on Verizon from Philly
    JR A likes this.
    11-17-13 10:15 PM
    She is a massage therapist. Her business line is her cellphone. No phone, no appointments.

Posted via CB10
    well then, looks like she had no choice but to get a smartphone right away.

Let's just hope that some where in USA someone ended up buying a Blackberry because the store was out of iphones.
    Terser Nori, moody and Mack Gans like this.
    11-17-13 10:15 PM
    Options yes. EVERY conceivable option is insane.
    JR A likes this.
    11-17-13 10:32 PM
    well then, looks like she had no choice but to get a smartphone right away.

Let's just hope that some where in USA someone ended up buying a Blackberry because the store was out of iphones.
    Now THERE is the glass half full view
    moody likes this.
    11-17-13 10:33 PM
    Just because they didn't have stock it doesn't mean it was malicious. The rogers store I got mine from only had one white Q10 left.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 10:33 PM
    I know. Numbers r numbers. Just frustrated.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 10:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    It's not AT&T's fault totally. A business person should have a backup phone, so the friend is punished for her lack of preparation. I hope she learns from this mistake.

Posted using the Diva's Z
    mkelley65, EddieAIG and mopar_fxr like this.
    11-17-13 10:40 PM
    If you think about the number of outlets AT&T has all over the US, it would be impossible to keep every single model in stock everywhere.

They did offer the option that she wanted if she could wait a couple of days. I think that's reasonable for a phone that is rarely sought compared to the high volume phones they carry.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    11-17-13 11:17 PM
    AT&T has a 14-day "no-hassle" return period...

AT&T Return Policy & Early Termination Fee - from AT&T

Ask the store to get a Q10, have her take care of the iPhone until she can exchange...
    11-17-13 11:24 PM
    both sides made their own mistakes,also to some extend bb is also not doing its part for the customer support in retail
    11-17-13 11:32 PM
    Okay, I wasn't trying to say that if an iPhone seeker went in and AT&T was out they would take a BlackBerry instead, normally. But in this case she had "no choice" and the Z10 is FREE. Thus if she went in for an iPhone adamant she needed a smart phone, she may have taken a Z10 due to availability. A lot of what if's. And my dad always said if grandma had balls she'd be grandpa.

Posted with my Q10 on Verizon from Philly
    11-17-13 11:40 PM
    Your 'friend' has no patience hopefully for her customers sake the 'massages' aren't rushed..
    Terser Nori and mrzeolite like this.
    11-17-13 11:43 PM
    If AT&T has a 14 day return policy I don't see why she cannot order the Q10 and when it comes in, she can return the iPhone.... unless she really wants to stick with the iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 11:45 PM
    I visited a mall in the USA and the only carrier to display a BB10 model of any description was AT&T - the Q10. So far in three weeks in the USA I have seen two Curve's. Both used by middle aged women texting or e-mailing. I saw very few customers in any of the carrier outlets but the Apple store was packed.

Unless BB happens to make a physical keyboard -large screen phone I can't see BlackBerry gaining any traction in the USA. At the very least, they need a full touch phone with industry leading battery life, reasonable screen size , a lumia quality camera, a vivid and bright screen like a iphone and text reflow like an Android ( goes without saying that they need access to all of the Android apps.

The BB10 OS as good as it may seem to current owners is not a draw IMHO.
    11-17-13 11:46 PM
    I understand that having a cell phone on her at all times is literally her life line (I'm the same way), but why get an iPhone?

Why not just drop $20-$30 and get a cheap GoPhone (prepaid), pop in her SIM card, and order the Q10? They even have a ZTE GoPhone that has a decent QWERTY keyboard. Unless there is a specific app that requires iOS/Android, but I doubt it taking into account she was going in for a BB10 device...

It's too late now, but for anyone reading... You can go to Walmart, buy a cheap $30 GoPhone, order your replacement phone, and return the GoPhone w/in 15 days of purchase for FULL REFUND and NO RESTOCKING fee. I believe AT&T charges a ridiculous restocking fee...

Or just keep the GoPhone as a backup. I've had my ZTE (can't remember the model) QWERTY smartphone that is actually pretty freakin' solid. There is some lag if you have a ton of contacts/messages on the phone, but it's build quality is reminiscent of the Curve 9300 series; it's pretty durable. For $30, its worth having a back up phone and not having to worry about missed business opportunities.
    LuisCast likes this.
    11-18-13 12:35 AM
    1. No she should not have waited.
    2. Att shouldve had it in stock.

All retailers face these sort of difficulties. But if you don't serve the customer, someone else will.

So she can't have a q10 now. Maybe there are opportunities in the future.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 12:46 AM
    Options yes. EVERY conceivable option is insane.
    Come on. It's not like the OP is mad that they didn't have some random obscure Huawei device or something.

I could see why at&t wouldn't stock the Z10. But what about like five Q10s? The market for full qwerty devices is small, but it does exist... and BlackBerry is still the standard in that market. at&t isn't some regional wireless provider that might have limited resources... they can afford to stock a few Q10s for the customer who wants a qwerty device.

It's really not too much to ask.
    11-18-13 12:51 AM
83 123 ...