Ok so I finally had to get a new tablet, the surface pro 2. But now I'm not sure what to do with my Playbook. I have had it since day one
    and it is still in mint condition. Is there a market for these things or a place that can buy them like gazzel does?

Any ideas?
    11-17-13 04:14 PM
    There's a crap-ton-tastic amount of people that would buy one, including me (though that's irrelevant for this). Your honest-to-God best bet is the bazaar here on CB. Post about it, post pictures, and ask for offers. You'll get plenty of bites, I'm sure
    11-17-13 04:32 PM
    Use it as a dashcam.

So what to do with my Playbook?-img_00001346_hdr_edit.jpg

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    milo53 likes this.
    11-17-13 04:50 PM
    Why don't you sell it? How many gigs is it?

Q10 running10.2.1.1055 leak and loving it!
    11-17-13 04:56 PM
    I ported all my kids videos and photos. I use it for Media exclusively. It's a good size to show family and friends old kids vids. Also, have a 10' HDMI cable for TV use. I still love to watch it boot, for 3 minutes, changes BB colors, it's a cheap thrill. That's about all it's good for, there are no apps. BB gave up on the product, sad situation for sure. I would be really pissed if I paid 1k for this thing.
    11-17-13 06:01 PM
    Ok thanks guys I will try bazaar whatever that is and see how it goes.
    11-17-13 07:57 PM
    At one point I gave mine to my teenage daughter. She acted as a teenager would, and I had to take it back. When I did, I fell back in love with it. I still use it on a day to day basis once I added Evernote and Teambox to it.

I could give you some suggestions but it would depend what you do in a day. Here are some things I do with it.

Great for Powerpoints
    Media player
    Project Manager via Teambox
    Idea keeper via Evernote
    Personal email client (instead of installing one on the computer)

FYI if you have or know of someone with the 4g LTE version please let know.
    11-17-13 08:45 PM
    [QUOTE=

Great for Powerpoints
    [/QUOTE]

The Playbook is actually relatively lousy for PowerPoints. For example, the Playbook, with its PowerPoint app can't handle the audio portions of some PowerPoint files that my three-year old inexpensive Nokia 5230 smartphone can handle and the Playbook has limited PowerPoint creation and editing capabilities.

Sadly, I have a newer Nokia Lumia 521 running the Windows Phone 8 OS and having MS Office compatible apps built in that also cannot handle the abovementioned audio portions of certain PowerPoint files--originally created by Microsoft Office PowerPoint software.
    milo53 likes this.
    11-18-13 04:47 AM
    Ok so I finally had to get a new tablet, the surface pro 2. But now I'm not sure what to do with my Playbook. I have had it since day one
    and it is still in mint condition. Is there a market for these things or a place that can buy them like gazzel does?

Any ideas?
    I'd keep it. 7" form factor is very portable. There is no law that you can only have one tablet. I have (2) 10" android tabs and (3) 7" tabs (two PBs and a Nexus 7). Use them all for specific purposes.
    11-18-13 02:34 PM
    BlackBerry Bridge, Flash, oodles of storage for storing your own music, files and videos ... a media server on your home network ... sideload one or two things if you like such as Kindle ... if you need to ask you are lacking in imagination.
    11-18-13 04:18 PM
    How's the surface pro 2?

I'm waiting for the 8GB one to hit the shelves, apparently they out of stock for now.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 04:21 PM
    I keep my PB always connected to my TV. I have it hidden behind my TV so you can't see it, plugged into a power source, and always connected to an HDMI. Whenever we want to watch youtube videos or use the PB as a computer for browsing on a big screen, just flip on bridge and use the phone keyboard and mouse cursor. Very easy, works well, and a nice viewer onto a big HDTV screen. Just another option for you. (Unless you use Miracast already for the same type thing).
    11-18-13 04:42 PM
    Give it to a kid.
    11-18-13 04:48 PM
    The bit I don't understand is that you bought a windows tablet, I am pondering on how this is progress.
    11-18-13 06:23 PM
    I've come close to slamming mine on the concrete or throw it against the wall when everyone in my house is connected to the wifi and my playbook keeps dropping the connection, for instance an hour ago I was trying to watch a youtube video and the playbook just sits there loading, I grabbed my iPhone and started watching instantly also at work it drops the connection constantly, infuriating really I don't know what to upgrade to yet. The wifi is extremely unreliable only on the playbook my 2 galaxy tabs and iPhones and ipods don't have this problem.
    11-18-13 10:54 PM
    I recently got a Surface Pro 1 and touch wood glad I did. Reminds in limited ways of the PlayBook. Magnetic charger. Though the PlayBook's snapped together better.

As to what to with your PlayBook. Who knows. I'm in the same boat after going full you know what on BlackBerry this year. One man's trash is another's treasure.

Posted via a ZeDex
    11-18-13 11:09 PM
    The Playbook is actually relatively lousy for PowerPoints. For example, the Playbook, with its PowerPoint app can't handle the audio portions of some PowerPoint files that my three-year old inexpensive Nokia 5230 smartphone can handle and the Playbook has limited PowerPoint creation and editing capabilities.

Sadly, I have a newer Nokia Lumia 521 running the Windows Phone 8 OS and having MS Office compatible apps built in that also cannot handle the abovementioned audio portions of certain PowerPoint files--originally created by Microsoft Office PowerPoint software.
    But, it's the 1st professional business tablet w/ flash. It has flash, full flash experience! Ha Ha, remember Lazeridis's presentation? It was all about flash.

So what to do with my Playbook?-image.jpg
    11-19-13 05:50 PM
    Speaking of BlackBerry Bridge: my Playbook did a Bridge update, yesterday, and BBM magically appeared in it.
    11-20-13 02:46 AM
    @DrJ39 - Mine too. With texting and BBM on the PB now, I may just take it from my wife, since she hasn't been using it.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 02:52 AM
    Yes my PlayBook can sync with my Z10 and i can surf the Web, text, and BBM from the tablet.
    When surfing the Web and I receive a call I get message notification with caller ID telling me I have a call.
    I use my PlayBook daily, and still love it... date it's not as fast as my Nexus 7 - 2013 model, but it can do things like multitasking better and love the swiping actions

Post via my Z10!
    11-23-13 11:00 PM
    Hi Steel, it is clear.. you are an apple guy too. I had the same wifi nightmare.. now I am sitting close to the Router!
    11-24-13 03:28 AM
    Lets forget Blackberry and Play book for a moment, look at Lazeridis�s Face... dose it remind you of the organized families from Rusia or neighbouring countries? these are the guys that while the company was bankrupt, were buying airplanes for their executive trips. Same thing happened to PALM... iOS 7 has few similarities with WebOS today and tomorrow may offer Blackberry BIS similar solutions.

HP turned WebOS into Open source, BB has just turned BBM into free app for competitors. Therefor lets enjoy our old Blackberries and wait until Google, Samsung and Appel give us all functionalities that we need.

meanwhile BLACKBERRY RIP in PALM�s company!
    11-24-13 03:46 AM
    Knock on wood, my PB has never had wifi issues. Was this a big problem with the PlayBook?

Posted via CB10
    11-24-13 07:53 AM