As hard is it is to keep a thread clean, the main 1055 thread is littered with unanswered questions, questions that have been answered but lost in the sea of complaints, and so on...

Since this is a tips and tweaks thread, I'll have a mod help me keep the objective of this thread clear: provide clear tips, clear tweaks, and SOLUTIONS.

So the rules here are:

1 - you can ask your questions here, but make sure that you've read through the entire thread BEFORE you ask. All those assisting in this thread, please provide a link to the answer to any question, not given here. Anyone insulting someone for asking the same question will have their comment deleted and will be reported. I'm SERIOUS!

2 - If you're suffering from anxiety issues, where waiting more than an hour or so for a solution to your question, causes you to lose control of your bladder, only those talented enough at insulting a person without it APPEARING as such...kindly respond. Thank you.

3 - Please provide as much detail as humanly possible, when providing a found solution. Screen shots, bar file links, etc. help those with language barriers. Remember, only the English speak english, and pictures say the same thing in ANY language.

4 - Any comments left here that rant about how you're going back to, plan on moving to, or shouldn't have left another platform because you lack the patience to read... I know of a place that sells alphanumeric pagers AND provides service too. Moving to another platform is NOT a solution for not knowing how to read and follow instructions.

Are you having problems with reclaiming 4G and 4GLTE?? Accounts not setting up? I have your solution! Ready?

YOU NEED TO HAVE A WIFI NETWORK AVAILABLE TO YOUR PHONE!!!!

For some, it maybe as simple as this: hold the power button and shutdown your device. Remove your sim card and reboot your phone WITHOUT THE SIM CARD INSTALLED. Connect to wifi (if available) and setup your email and social accounts. Turn your phone off. Reinsert your sim card and reinstall your battery. 4G/LTE and accounts should work like normal. Do the happy dance!

If the above solution doesn't work, follow these intructions. YOU NEED TO HAVE A WIFI NETWORK AVAILABLE TO YOUR PHONE, setup will not complete without one: hold the power button down, and turn your device off. Remove your battery and remove your sim card AND your SD card. Reinstall your battery and allow the phone to power up. Have OS 10.2.1.1055's autoloader at the ready, and plug your device into your USB2 port - USB3 is NOT your friend!!! Scroll through settings, and set your device to airplane mode.
    DO NOT TURN YOUR DEVICE OFF!
    Start the autoloader, and allow the operating system for your device to complete installation. DO NOT DISCONNECT FROM USB!!
    Follow all the setup prompts. Go into Sys Settings > Security and Privacy > Security Wipe and perform the ONLY wipe you need to perform, when installing a new OS. This is done to insure that NOTHING from the devices previous state is carried over into its current state. (There are many stubborn folks that will argue and debate over these procedures...but my phone is fully functional. Not 95% with a few errors.)
    Follow the setup prompts, establish a connection to wifi, and completely setup your phone - including accounts, app updates, BBM, contacts, pr0n, etc...
    Once you have everything to your personal liking, disconnect from USB, turn your device off, remove the battery, insert both your SD card and your SIM card, insert your battery, giggle with delight...which should turn into maniacal laughter, allow proper population of your device, and breathe a sigh of relief.

TO RESTORE OR NOT TO RESTORE...

WWMD...What Would Mecca Do? Mecca always performs a backup with Link. Not because I trust Link for all of my needs. I use it because I'm cautious. I'd rather have a corrupt backup with important data on it, such as my contacts, then to trust a cloud backup only.

But do I restore from backup...H@77 NO!!! I restore locally and from cloud, using apps. I run a business. I don't EVER count on one solution. You deserve to lose data, if you count on one solution. Stop being lazy, blindly relying on your device and its software components to lead you to the promise land. Too many times, that Promise Land is called Sheol, the Abyss, Hades, Ragnar�k, Inferno, etc.!! Are you a sheep or a shepard?

Contact X is your friend! SMS Backup is your friend! Evernote is your friend! Fire Chest Backup is your friend!!Your email accounts...meeehhh!! They work, but as many have experienced, how can they help if you can't log into them?? Download the listed apps, and never cry again. Contact X can clean up duplicate contacts. Duplicate contacts happen when you race through setting up your email and social accounts, and don't bother to disable synchronization of cloud contact updates. Duplicate calendar entries also suffer from this occurrence. So as much as many blame "this stupid phone", it's always the stupid user that didn't manually adjust accounts settings to prevent duplication errors.

What do I have against restores? Oh... sooooo many things. For one, if I've done a full backup - which takes for-freaking-ever - I have corrupt Application Data, from those poorly made apps I love to install. Restoring corrupt data is restoring a problem. Although your lazy eye isn't perceptive enough to spot an error, or the famous "I haven't had any problems yet!!", it's just a matter of time before that nail you ran over months ago, flattens your tire...hopefully NOT while your driving.

It's up to you, bottom line. You can take the route I've presented, which I call "Preventive Medication", or you can ignore and overlook, and have to perform major surgery. Which one you'd rather suffer through is totally up to you.

What other tips, tweaks, or solutions have you found?
    Last edited by Mecca EL; 11-20-13 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Fire Chest Backup thanks mopar_fxr
    11-17-13 11:07 AM
    Awesome!!! Now this is service

BTW, I have done exactly what Mecca suggested and no problems at all
    11-17-13 11:17 AM
    The customize for contacts is a nice a touch!

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL and anon(2688478) like this.
    11-17-13 11:19 AM
    Mecca,

Thanks for doing this. I posted a couple times in the main 1055 threads regarding my questions but never got a real definitive answer.

I'm wondering, is delete on handheld / delete on server working at all in this build? I have mine set to "prompt" but I do not get the prompt box whether I delete single emails or multiple ones.

Also, my resize email picture attachments isn't working?

Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-17-13 11:34 AM
    This is the thread that I'm waiting for!

Os 10.2.1.1055 tips, tweaks and solutions-img_00000920.jpg

On STL-1, if you have bug with a camera app like this, don't open instagram immediately after you reboot.
    Make sure you open the camera app first before you open instagram app.
    I've been doing it a couple of times and now it's gone.

NEXT, if you still have bug with CB app for jumping to next page, try to uninstall then reinstall it. It will back to normal.
    I've tried it on my STL-1 and it works.

NEXT, when you run Temple Run 2 & stuck in the imangi studios screen there's a trick.
    Just uninstall then sideload the bar files from bb10bars.net, it works well.
    Last edited by chrizrun30; 11-18-13 at 05:24 PM.
    11-17-13 11:37 AM
    Mecca,

Thanks for doing this. I posted a couple times in the main 1055 threads regarding my questions but never got a real definitive answer.

I'm wondering, is delete on handheld / delete on server working at all in this build? I have mine set to "prompt" but I do not get the prompt box whether I delete single emails or multiple ones.

Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    You're welcome. Delete on both device and server appear to be working correctly. I'm not experiencing any problems with that feature, but that doesn't mean some won't.

If resizing an image isn't working while creating an email, you may have to pre-adjust the image, then attach that to your email

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 11:48 AM
    The customize for contacts is a nice a touch!

Posted via CB10
    I love it. I've been meaning to have this confirmed - looks like larger sized contact images are available for caller ID?

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 11:50 AM
    I Have found a solution to at least my issue and maybe others where you start an android app and it displays in the wrong orientation. In my case deer hunter 2014, if you use the orientation lock before starting the app it will display properly if not the display flips or is stuck the wrong way. Hopefully this helps and is on topic.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL, amanago and PiotrJot like this.
    11-17-13 11:51 AM
    You're welcome. Delete on both device and server appear to be working correctly. I'm not experiencing any problems with that feature, but that doesn't mean some won't.

If resizing an image isn't working while creating an email, you may have to pre-adjust the image, then attach that to your email

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for your response. I may just have to reload and wipe again I guess as I would love to be able to delete on handheld only. I've gathered from reading the other thread that it does appear to be glitchy for some and functional for others.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 11:53 AM
    "Show what I'm listening to" does not turn on on the Z10. When I turn it on it goes back to the off position. Any fix?

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 11:55 AM
    Guys, if you need a fix for the Facebook hub issue (where it does not open fb messages or notifications from hub). All you need to do is click on compose, then select Facebook from the options. Close that and go back to the hub and it would be sorted.

Might pop up again but I'd rather do that and have the most up to date Facebook with the share option instead of the older version without.

Thank me later. Cheers

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BlackB_G; 11-18-13 at 07:02 AM.
    11-17-13 11:59 AM
    "Show what I'm listening to" does not turn on on the Z10. When I turn it on it goes back to the off position. Any fix?

Posted via CB10
    You're referring to BBM, correct? Which BBM are you using, the pre-installed one or Channel? I'm running Channel. I've figured out those supposedly "new" emo-cons months ago, so you'll have to decide if one is worth losing the other until a Channel update appears

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 12:00 PM
    Using the old BBM...didn't even know... I thought the leaked OS automatically updates to BBM channel.... updating now, hopefully it works

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 12:03 PM
    Using the old BBM...didn't even know... I thought the leaked OS automatically updates to BBM channel.... updating now, hopefully it works

Posted via CB10
    Keep us posted

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 12:06 PM
    Thanks for your response. I may just have to reload and wipe again I guess as I would love to be able to delete on handheld only. I've gathered from reading the other thread that it does appear to be glitchy for some and functional for others.

Posted via CB10
    Incase anyone may wonder what it is that we're referring to, one of the Legacy email features has returned to email services in OS1055. Looks like this, after selecting the intended email for deletion...

Os 10.2.1.1055 tips, tweaks and solutions-img_00000001.png

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 12:12 PM
    Work fine... thanks.... you know of any solution to android apps showing in wrong orientation?

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-17-13 12:24 PM
    I apologize for cross-posting here and on the main 1055 thread, but this Accounts issue is a big one.

I did do a clean install and wipe, no restore, and Accounts worked fine. That was last night. Now the "Accounts loading"issue is back again--just developed spontaneously overnight. I've tried the reboot without the SD and SIM cards, also have tried loading the older settings and accounts bars, one or both and switching back again with Sachesi.

If you say to go through the Autoload again with the SIM and SD cards out and no restore, I'm sure the Account issue won't be there, but I suspect it will return after a while, as it has in my case and in the case of other users, as well, as has been reported.

I have no idea how to troubleshoot this further other than maybe replacing some other bars, but I wouldn't know where to start.
    Gearheadaddy and Mecca EL like this.
    11-17-13 12:27 PM
    Mecca,

Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    yes both are working for me....whenever i delete an email item, i get the prompt but not when i delete multiple items. i think the default is for the multiple items to be deleted on both hub and server

when i send an attachment, i get a prompt to resize or leave them in original size
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-17-13 12:34 PM
    Work fine... thanks.... you know of any solution to android apps showing in wrong orientation?

Posted via CB10
    Zee3p0 posted the fix on the first page

Posted via CB10
    garpaz likes this.
    11-17-13 12:37 PM
    I apologize for cross-posting here and on the main 1055 thread, but this Accounts issue is a big one.

I did do a clean install and wipe, no restore, and Accounts worked fine. That was last night. Now the "Accounts loading"issue is back again--just developed spontaneously overnight. I've tried the reboot without the SD and SIM cards, also have tried loading the older settings and accounts bars, one or both and switching back again with Sachesi.

If you say to go through the Autoload again with the SIM and SD cards out and no restore, I'm sure the Account issue won't be there, but I suspect it will return after a while, as it has in my case and in the case of other users, as well, as has been reported.

I have no idea how to troubleshoot this further other than maybe replacing some other bars, but I wouldn't know where to start.
    Thanks for posting. I think I read in the main 1055 thread, that either Toobs or Thurask posted a solution with replacement of bar files? If so, do you mind adding a link in your response?

If all options have failed you, in my suggested methods, do not wipe again without giving the other resort a go.

Posted via CB10
    toobs623 likes this.
    11-17-13 12:42 PM
    User ealvnv just posted on the main 1055 thread a fix that worked for me--remove any Android Store apps like 1Mobile.
    Anilu7 and Mecca EL like this.
    11-17-13 12:45 PM
    User ealvnv just posted on the main 1055 thread a fix that worked for me--remove any Android Store apps like 1Mobile.
    Cool. Yeah, that's the same solution that Blackscorpion3 discovered. Glad you're back up and running.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 12:52 PM

I've had the same problem! multiple times and wiped, the first few times was due to bad restores... the third time happened just like you, i could access my accounts and set them up, then after a day, after btw installing 1mobile and many APKs, the account section became inaccessible. luckily I did signed in in all my accounts already...

Thanks for posting. I think I read in the main 1055 thread, that either Toobs or Thurask posted a solution with replacement of bar files? If so, do you mind adding a link in your response?

If all options have failed you, in my suggested methods, do not wipe again without giving the other resort a go.

Posted via CB10
    Hi Mecca, i couldn't find either posts!

I just tried, uninstall all android appstore (not the apps installed) and rebooted

but still no access to accounts :-|
    wohch likes this.
    11-17-13 01:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yup - not working for me either
    11-17-13 01:29 PM
    Hey,

after upgrading to 10.2.1.1055 on my bb z10 stl-100
    wifi and sound stop working
    no sound while incoming call and on playing music
    and nothing happen after turning on wifi even no searching circle icon on view .
    CatalystVhai likes this.
    11-17-13 01:42 PM
617 123 ...