My computer won't recognize Z10 since I updated to 10.1. I tried all the remedies from this forum and also tried on different computers but no luck. Any help?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You might want to start another thread or see if there is one with your problem. The problem with this thread is it started out as a charger issue and sort of morphed. But if you are going to stick to this thread, I would suggest setting up the phone for usb mass storage. This makes the phone look like a usb drive and any PC on the planet should be able to talk to it. Even from Linux. If the phone is not seen as a usb device when enabled for mass storage, then you have real problems. If BB Link can't see the phone, that is another story. Plenty of things can go wrong with BB link since it needs a driver.

Basically connecting to the phone as a usb drive shows you have connectivity. That proves quite a bit. It means the usb port on the PC is good, the cable is good, and the usb in the phone works.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How do you set up the phone as mass USB drive?.
    My BlackBerry Link works. No issues with USB port or wire. Thanks for your time

Quote Originally Posted by jaffna_guy View Post
    How do you set up the phone as mass USB drive?.
    My BlackBerry Link works. No issues with USB port or wire. Thanks for your time
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted via CB10
    Settings -> storage and access
    Then turn on usb mass storage way at the bottom.

Somebody will chime in on what you lose in this mode. I think you can't encrypt the media card and then use this mode. If the cops want to look at my media card, I hope they like Rachel Maddow and Democracy Now.

Posted via CB10
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by gariac View Post
    Settings -> storage and access
    Then turn on usb mass storage way at the bottom.

Posted via CB10
    I dont see anything like that. I dont have media card insert to Z10. Attached photo might give you some idea to troubleshoot. Phone is connected to PC but it does not show the phone as usb storage.
    How do I mount the volume to PC?-z10.jpg
    11-16-13 10:28 PM
    Turns out it was AVG's firewall that was the culprit. I disable the firewall and Bam! The volumes where mounted.

This website is helpful. Thanks.
    KB27424-Identifying and troubleshooting issues with the BlackBerry Desktop Software or BlackBerry Link detecting a BlackBerry PlayBook or BlackBerry 10 smartphone connected via USB
    If you have no mSD card in your device, you need to turn off USB mass storage. With your device disconnected from the PC, go to Settings > Storage and Access. Scroll to the very bottom to toggle it off. Then, attach your device to the PC. Give it a minute, then you should see your device memory appear as a pseudo network drive.

Pop back and let us know if this does the trick.
    11-16-13 11:24 PM
    If you have no mSD card in your device, you need to turn off USB mass storage. With your device disconnected from the PC, go to Settings > Storage and Access. Scroll to the very bottom to toggle it off. Then, attach your device to the PC. Give it a minute, then you should see your device memory appear as a pseudo network drive.

Pop back and let us know if this does the trick.
    I dont see that option...........
    How do I mount the volume to PC?-img_00000004.png
    11-17-13 07:35 AM
    OK, let's check something else.Open your Device Manger properties again, and go to the Options tab:

How do I mount the volume to PC?-2.jpg
    Make sure that "Start the BlackBerry Desktop Manager..." and "Mount Tablet volumes on connect" are enabled. "Launch File Explorer on volume mount" is optional. If the first 2 aren't enabled, that might be the issue. Enable them, restart your PC and try again. After, the connected screen should look like this (but without the second drive - my mSD card).

How do I mount the volume to PC?-1.jpg

Hope this does it.
    11-17-13 10:20 AM
    Make sure your wifi is off on your phone.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 10:24 AM
    Make sure your wifi is off on your phone.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure if that makes a difference. My WiFi was on when I took the screen caps above. But, it could be another option to try. Thanks.
    11-17-13 10:35 AM
    Yeah when I connect my phone to Windows Vista, I have to turn my wifi off.

I don't have to if I connect to windows xp.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 11:18 AM
    OK, let's check something else.Open your Device Manger properties again, and go to the Options tab:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	712 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	221699
    Make sure that "Start the BlackBerry Desktop Manager..." and "Mount Tablet volumes on connect" are enabled. "Launch File Explorer on volume mount" is optional. If the first 2 aren't enabled, that might be the issue. Enable them, restart your PC and try again. After, the connected screen should look like this (but without the second drive - my mSD card).

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	712 
Size:	52.3 KB 
ID:	221701

Hope this does it.
    I tried but it did not work. Also uninstalled and reinstalled the driver. No luck.
    How do I mount the volume to PC?-bb10.jpg
    How do I mount the volume to PC?-bb10a.jpg
    Device is connected to PC
    11-17-13 11:26 AM
    I tried but it did not work. Also uninstalled and reinstalled the driver. No luck.

Name:	bb10.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	221722

Name:	bb10a.jpg 
Views:	351 
Size:	14.4 KB 
ID:	221723
    Device is connected to PC
    I confess that I'm running out of suggestions. You can try installing the latest version of BB Link at BlackBerry Link - BlackBerry 10 Smartphone to Computer Sync - US. After installing, reboot the PC, launch Link, then connect your device.
    If it isn't recognized, from your Device go to Settings > BlackBerry Link. Toggle Link to OFF, then ON and try reconnecting your device.
    11-17-13 02:58 PM
    Turns out it was AVG's firewall that was the culprit. I disable the firewall and Bam! The volumes where mounted.

KB27424-Identifying and troubleshooting issues with the BlackBerry Desktop Software or BlackBerry Link detecting a BlackBerry PlayBook or BlackBerry 10 smartphone connected via USB
    ordigas likes this.
    11-17-13 04:17 PM

Excellent! Glad you're back in business.
    11-17-13 04:33 PM
    Excellent! Glad you're back in business.
    Thanks for time.
    11-17-13 05:52 PM
    Disabling AVG and firewall did the trick.
    07-01-14 12:23 PM
    It happened with me too multiple times. Do you have a password on the device?
    Also, resetting the device solved the problem.
    07-05-14 01:28 PM
    I have met the same problem. I try to uninstall and re-install BB link many times. I still can not mount my 2 drives on BB Z10. Finally I found that it's because of AVG internet security which doesn't allow for mounting. When enable firewall (on AVG) to allow all, my drives can be mounted.

It really kills my time for 2 days and frustrates me.

Thanks God
    10-17-14 11:22 AM
    I was experiencing the same problem until yesterday, when I found the solution in another thread.

Here's the link to the post that shows how to configure AVG's Firewall to allow the volume(s) to be mounted. That way, you don't have to disable the Firewall to make it work:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=10713661

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 11:37 AM
    If your pc won't mount your z10, try getting it drunk and telling it how hot that z10 is.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 07:57 PM
    The workaround that works for me is found in this post:
    https://supportforums.blackberry.com...2132137/page/4

I excerpt:

I had the same problem. Connecting the device would not mount the internal drive, the BlackBerry Link sync would try to sync for a long time and then say "connection error". I am a programmer, so I figured this had to do with a network connection being created through USB (there were some DNS entries in the Windows error log). So I had the phone disconnected, and went on the Z10:
    System Settings -> Network Connections
    and DISABLED both Mobile Nework (Mobile Network, Data Services).
    and DISABLED Wi-fi (->off)
    Then connected the phone and started the computer. It works!! Drive gets mounted (Z drive). Sync works (copied some music ... it was in the file manager -> "music" dir). Copied some files manually through the Z mount (1.5 MB/s).
    So I unpluged and repluged, took a minute but then remounted again no problems. Did it again. I turned the Mobile Network back on, and pluged/replugged. Seems to work. So my guess is that there is some sort of conflict when the Wifi network is enabled on the phone. I hope they fix this.
    Let me know if it works, Chris.

edited: fixed- turned drive letters into smilies
    edit 2: I don't have a data plan on my cellular network, so you might have to disable both
    11-08-14 12:38 AM