I downloaded the Garmin Mechanic app ported from from the android app at BB10bars. It sideloaded properly but promptly dies when I try to bluetooth connect it my Garmin GPS.
    Has anyone tried it on the new leaked 2.1 OS with the updated bluetooth android APIs?

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 05:48 PM
    I don't have a Garmin GPS, but I suspect that it WOULD work on 10.2.1.1055. Many more things do work with this new build. Also many folks are hacking google services on to their devices which might also do the trick. You would need to do both, upgrade to 10.2.1.1055, AND do the services hack, BUT I agree it would be nice to know it's working before taking the leap. There ARE many issues, bugs, etc with running 1055 and especially if you do the google services hack!
    11-21-13 08:16 AM
    I'm running the .1055 leak and have been successfully running Garmin Mechanic synced to my Garmin ecoRoute HD module connected to my Toyota's OBD port.

App works perfectly and gives you a pile of vehicle data. My Z10 also connects to my Garmin 3490LMT GPS through Bluetooth.
    I have installed the Garmin Smartphone Link app, it installs, runs, connects to my GPS unit but stalls when it looks for Google Play...

I hope someone figures out a work around for the Google Play issue.

BlackBerry Z10 me likey.
    11-27-13 06:07 PM
    I'm running the .1055 leak and have been successfully running Garmin Mechanic synced to my Garmin ecoRoute HD module connected to my Toyota's OBD port.

App works perfectly and gives you a pile of vehicle data. My Z10 also connects to my Garmin 3490LMT GPS through Bluetooth.
    I have installed the Garmin Smartphone Link app, it installs, runs, connects to my GPS unit but stalls when it looks for Google Play...

I hope someone figures out a work around for the Google Play issue.

BlackBerry Z10 me likey.
    Semi-off topic but related:

My ecoRoute has a firmware update available, but my GPS won't take the firmware, just giving an unhelpful error and to try again. Garmin support is useless and asks me back the same questions I ask them, or they tell me to do stuff I report that I've done and it doesn't work.

Other people with this problem say they think that the internal SD card that contains the ecoRoute licensing/info is corrupt, so the GPS cannot properly take the firmware (which it then upgrades ecoRoute on next connect). I was really hoping this process might get built into the GPS mechanic, but I don't know. If anyone ran into this problem and could solve it, please let me know. Thanks.
    11-28-13 12:49 PM
    Hi Pubcrawl
    I am updated to 10.2.1.2102 and I have Snap installed. I have successfully redownloaded Garmin Mechanic today. When I am in car running the Garmin GPS successfully syncs with the Ecoroute by bluetooth but my Q10 cannot connect with I press the connect button in the app. I have the bluetooth on discoverable on the Q10. Any suggestions?
    04-12-14 06:26 PM