Hey Everyone!

So to cut a long story short I ended up winning a S3 Mini in a competition today which I must admit is rather a nice way to start the day.
    Was a random shopper thing at my local supermarket.

Now lately I have been hearing a lot of things about Blackberry, I have been a fan of Blackberry since my 8520 I had years ago!
    But people have been saying that Blackberry is closing and soon to be gone!
    Now I know Phones 4 U have stopped selling BB Phones on Contract which I admit is pretty silly of them.

But is what I'm been told true and Blackberry will soon be a distant memory in the world of phones?

I do love my Z10 it does everything I need it to do!
    Although since last update it does randomly restart sometimes...... But hoping that will be fixed if theres another update.

I'm not at all insulting Blackberry I still believe they made smartphones what they are today!
    But everyone seems to be jumping ship to Galaxys and Iphones.

Any info would be great!
    11-16-13 04:14 PM
    I'm not at all insulting Blackberry I still believe they made smartphones what they are today!

Any info would be great!
    Android Central | Android Forums, News, Reviews, Help and Android Wallpapers
    11-16-13 04:18 PM
    Ditch the z10 for the z30 like I did hehe

Swordsmanship Channel C000C9AF6
    11-16-13 04:19 PM
    Don't ditch the Z10 with 10.2.1.xxxx coming, you will have access to so many more Android apps from 1mobile and Amazon app stores and also straight off the web (not Google Play yet though).

The best thing is when you're finished using the Android app swipe it up and close it and you're back in the lovely world of BB10 rather than the ugly, garish and unintuitive world of Samsung's Touchwiz user interface.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 04:27 PM
    Why do people keep coming to the forums asking "please tell me what I should do"

Try the new phone. If you like it, use it. If not stick with Z10.

Pretty simple if you ask me.

Posted via CB10
    steinercat, KemKev, acovey and 6 others like this.
    11-16-13 04:35 PM
    ya you should definitely wait unitl 10.2.1 comes out. the phone is pretty much a new phone with most apps now running on it. install the leak if you dont like it, make a decision then.
    11-16-13 04:36 PM
    Plus BB is not closing shop. They will likely be around for a while. Ignore the bad press. Go with the phone you like and you want to use every day. I choose my Z10 for my own reasons, cause it works for me. Nobody can tell you what works for you. BTW my next phone will be a Z30.
    acovey likes this.
    11-16-13 04:44 PM
    Why do people keep coming to the forums asking "please tell me what I should do"

Try the new phone. If you like it, use it. If not stick with Z10.

Pretty simple if you ask me.

Posted via CB10
    Indeed mind boggling really. Surely one would know which phone is best for him/her.

OP blackberry isn't going anywhere and neither is it shutting down. Stop believing the crap these sales people are saying. I've boycotted phones 4 u, bunch of stupid cowboys.

I just bought a z30 so that will be replacing my z10 soon.

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    11-16-13 04:45 PM
    I have been using an S3 mini for a couple of weeks now and to be honest if the Bluetooth worked properly on my Z10 when connecting to my car there's no way I would use it in preference to the Z10.

The Apps might be there but the fact is they want to access all your personal information when you install them!

I have also found that the interface is also very poor but that could just be personal preference.

I would say if the Z10 does what you need then use it until BlackBerry either recovers or goes under!

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 04:46 PM
    If you found Z10 is not enough for you, throw it away. You decide.
    wafiwanders likes this.
    11-16-13 04:48 PM
    Oh think I have given wrong message!

I do really like my Z10 I think it's a fantastic phone.
    I did have the iPhone 5 and sold it and went back to my lovely Z10!

But I was told at Phones 4 U that when Blackberry closes the phones will be useless :'(
    11-16-13 05:39 PM
    So not true.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 06:05 PM
    Why not use both? You got the other phone for free anyways ... so you can see what you like and dislike on both phones ...
    Unbiased Tech likes this.
    11-16-13 06:12 PM
    what kind of car do you have and why does it not work with your car?
    11-16-13 06:51 PM
    Sell the Galaxy, pocket the money and save it until the say you actually need to abandon your Z10 in a couple of years (if at all)

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 06:58 PM
    Hey Everyone!

So to cut a long story short I ended up winning a S3 Mini in a competition today which I must admit is rather a nice way to start the day.

Now lately I have been hearing a lot of things about Blackberry, I have been a fan of Blackberry since my 8520 I had years ago!
    Now I know Phones 4 U have stopped selling BB Phones on Contract which I admit is pretty silly of them.

But is what I'm been told true and Blackberry will soon be a distant memory in the world of phones?

Although since last update it does randomly restart sometimes...... But hoping that will be fixed if theres another update.

Any info would be great!
    Yeah, just get rid of it and be done with it - you don't need our blessing
    11-16-13 07:03 PM
    Should never of opened the s3. Should of sold it BNIB.
    I got my z30 running on 10.2.1 and loving it over the s3, note 3 (2 devices I owned).

But in the end of the day it's what works for you

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 07:14 PM

But I was told at Phones 4 U that when Blackberry closes the phones will be useless :'(
    Even IF BlackBerry closed tomorrow (which it will not...) how exactly will this cause your phone to stop working?

#GetWithBB10 Channel @ C000D7228
    Undbiter65 likes this.
    11-16-13 07:25 PM
    Hey Everyone!

Any info would be great!
    Blackberry isn't going anywhere.
    11-16-13 07:30 PM

Potentially useless to sell.
    Not to use. Did your VCR stop working when they stopped making it?

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 08:48 PM
    The guy at Phones 4 U was saying when Blackberry closes (which he seems to think is jan-feb 2014)
    BBM and Internet on the phone will no longer work as the main server place will be gone
    11-16-13 09:11 PM
    The guy at Phones 4 U was saying when Blackberry closes (which he seems to think is jan-feb 2014)
    BBM and Internet on the phone will no longer work as the main server place will be gone
    That's why they work at Phones 4 U....

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 09:47 PM
    What an *****!

In the past that may have been true (BIS), but not anymore. I actually came on to seek opinions on Z10 vs iPod touch for wifi only use.

Also, if they can burn $4 billion in cash between now and February, then yes, they're in major trouble. They have lots of life left and with the flurry of xBBM updates along with 10.2.1 closing the app gap (I wouldn't be shocked to see Google Play on BlackBerry at some point, but even user reports now are showing tons of compatible Android apps available) and the Z30 reviews, it seems like they'll stick around for a while yet.

I personally sell the Samsung and buy a second BlackBerry 10 phone, Z30 if I could afford it. I'd keep my original as a leak tester and the Z30 as my "production" model. If it's not critical, I'd sell both and get a Z30, but to each his or her own needs.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 10:23 PM
    They told me the same thing a few mths back but I literally laughed at the guy and walked out

And since then i haven't went anywhere close to a phones 4 u store.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 03:17 AM
    In theory in this (very unlikely) case it would be possible that bbm would cease to exist, but as they have made it useable for other platforms now it is pretty evident that the first part of BlackBerry to get spun off into another company would be bbm... thus bbm would continue to work as well.

The browser on bb10 does not use the BlackBerry backend at all..

#GetWithBB10 Channel @ C000D7228
    11-17-13 08:40 AM
30 12