I've been meandering through a few threads and am seeing many signatures such as:

'Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928'
    'Sent using the CB app from my iPhone 5'
    Plus Android ones, etc, etc, my own personal favourite being #ichoosenexus5!

Not trying to start a fight, just wondering, why do you come on here?

1) Are you, for your own reasons DEEP DOWN hoping that BB10 can one day tempt you back?
    2) Do you own multiple devices including a BB?
    3) Do you want to come back and attempt to trash your old love knowing deep down you'll never be quite as satisfied with your old one?
    4) Have you just not found a CrackBerry equivalent for your new platform and just can't give it up?
    5) Are you trying to educate those of us poor souls left here as to why you are so relieved that you left?
    6) Do you really want a BB10 device but it doesn't quite yet match your needs so you are keeping in touch until it does?
    7) Or - and this is the obvious one - are you just a WUM or 'Under The Bridge' type?
    8) Other!

Can't think of any more, I'm sure you can although a poll would be interesting...

I'm just a bit baffled as to why some people come on here, a BB fan site, with, apparently no love of BB devices when they don't even own one anyway...
    11-15-13 05:42 PM
    Let's hope it's either 1 or 2.

"We are truly alone, the scars on your heart are yours to atone" (BBM#18)
    11-15-13 05:49 PM
    Let's hope it's either 1 or 2.

"We are truly alone, the scars on your heart are yours to atone" (BBM#18)
    I truly believe in many cases it's #1!

Deep stuff there, by the way UB, er....
    11-15-13 05:51 PM
    I truly believe in many cases it's #1!

Deep stuff there, by the way UB, er....
    I still use my blackberry playbook.

Sent from my SM-N900P using CB Forums mobile app
    diegonei likes this.
    11-15-13 05:53 PM
    I still use my blackberry playbook.

Ok, so we'll put you down as a #2.. no worries there...

Hmm, this could take a while...
    11-15-13 05:59 PM
    1 and 6 and kind of 2 (I have a Dev Alpha rev A that BB sent me and my Bold is somewhere around here)

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    11-15-13 06:03 PM
    Not sure, but I know that if I stop using BlackBerry and stop liking them I won't be coming to a blackberry fan site to post my disgruntled opinions.

Posted from my 295ppi super amoled s stripe 720p Z30
    11-15-13 06:07 PM

Lol.

Lawrie Sherratt likes this.
    11-15-13 06:08 PM

I still have my curve

11-15-13 06:09 PM
    Not sure, but I know that if I stop using BlackBerry and stop liking them I won't be coming to a blackberry fan site to post my disgruntled opinions.

Posted from my 295ppi super amoled s stripe 720p Z30
    Now, now...

...peace and love... peace and love....
    11-15-13 06:11 PM
    I have wondered this myself. It takes time to be on the forums posting regularly. I am a blackberry fan and this site takes up my time. Really makes you wonder

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 06:11 PM
    I still have my curve

You'll do for me! Now, change the signature to 'Curve best phone ever, no really!' and we're done!

Or I can put you down as a #2!
    GRojasHruska and Sexy Sadie like this.
    11-15-13 06:13 PM
    I think many really want to see BlackBerry do well. However have moved on for their own particular reasons. Many will come back when the platform fills their needs

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 06:13 PM
    I think many really want to see BlackBerry do well. However have moved on for their own particular reasons. Many will come back when the platform fills their needs

Posted via CB10
    I think you're right but... let's let them have their say here rather than judge first. This is all the non-BB'ers opportunity to tell us

He said, having to delete what he'd written as he had judged!

This isn't easy, and I started it!

This is all the non - BlackBerrians opportunity to tell us current BlackBerrians what it's all about so let's let them have their say.
    11-15-13 06:21 PM

I'm just a bit baffled as to why some people come on here, a BB fan site, with, apparently no love of BB devices when they don't even own one anyway...
    First off, I guess I don't think of this as a BB fan site, although there are plenty of BB fans here. I think of it as a BB discussion site, where folks who are interested in the technology (whether they personally use it or not) can discuss it.

I've never owned a BlackBerry device, never used one, and in fact, only seen one in the wild once. It had a qwerty keyboard, but I couldn't tell you what model it was. It belonged to a friend, whose only comment was, "I hate it." I couldn't imagine why she bought it, then, but I didn't ask.

Anyway, I'm here partly because I'm interested in mobile technology and I find the discussions fascinating/amusing/entertaining/maddening, but also because I really like you guys. There's a liveliness to the discussions here that I haven't found elsewhere. I'm also active on the MacRumors discussion forums relating to the iPhone, but to be honest, those discussions aren't as interesting to me. (One can only complain about the iOS 7 stock icons so many times).

I offer my opinion on the state of BlackBerry when I think it's appropriate to the discussion, but I never comment on the hardware or compare it to other smart phones. I can't, because I have no basis to make the comparison. I do very much enjoy reading the opinions of others who are familiar with both BlackBerry 10 and iOS 7, or BlackBerry 10 and Android.

I'm getting an education here, and enjoying the company, and I guess those are reasons enough for me to stay.
    11-15-13 06:24 PM
    I have wondered this myself. It takes time to be on the forums posting regularly. I am a blackberry fan and this site takes up my time. Really makes you wonder

Posted via CB10
    You're not kidding either. I've wasted so much time on here that I think I'm addicted. I've deleted CB10 at least ten times but it keeps reappearing on my Q10 somehow.

As for why non-BlackBerry users continue to post on here, I have no idea. People like Kris Simundson (who sold his donated BB10 phone and bought an Android) are still interested in BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    moody and wincyUt like this.
    11-15-13 06:28 PM
    I think some people just have too much time on their hands, and choose to spend it trolling Internet forums.
    11-15-13 06:29 PM
    First off, I guess I don't think of this as a BB fan site, although there are plenty of BB fans here. I think of it as a BB discussion site, where folks who are interested in the technology (whether they personally use it or not) can discuss it.

I've never owned a BlackBerry device, never used one, and in fact, only seen one in the wild once. It had a qwerty keyboard, but I couldn't tell you what model it was. It belonged to a friend, whose only comment was, "I hate it." I couldn't imagine why she bought it, then, but I didn't ask.

Anyway, I'm here partly because I'm interested in mobile technology and I find the discussions fascinating/amusing/entertaining/maddening, but also because I really like you guys. There's a liveliness to the discussions here that I haven't found elsewhere. I'm also active on the MacRumors discussion forums relating to the iPhone, but to be honest, those discussions aren't as interesting to me. (One can only complain about the iOS 7 stock icons so many times).

I offer my opinion on the state of BlackBerry when I think it's appropriate to the discussion, but I never comment on the hardware or compare it to other smart phones. I can't, because I have no basis to make the comparison. I do very much enjoy reading the opinions of others who are familiar with both BlackBerry 10 and iOS 7, or BlackBerry 10 and Android.

I'm getting an education here, and enjoying the company, and I guess those are reasons enough for me to stay.
    Interesting (and on behalf of us all as a bickering family - thanks for the compliment!).

So I'll put you down as a #4 and a #8 yes?

Or (pushing my luck somewhat), a #6?

You never know!

Oh, it's a BB fan site BTW, that's pretty much stated in it's title but you're more than welcome!
    11-15-13 06:30 PM
    I've been meandering through a few threads and am seeing many signatures such as:

'Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928'
    'Sent using the CB app from my iPhone 5'
    Plus Android ones, etc, etc, my own personal favourite being #ichoosenexus5!

1) Are you, for your own reasons DEEP DOWN hoping that BB10 can one day tempt you back? No, I already have a Z.
    2) Do you own multiple devices including a BB? Yes
    3) Do you want to come back and attempt to trash your old love knowing deep down you'll never be quite as satisfied with your old one? No
    4) Have you just not found a CrackBerry equivalent for your new platform and just can't give it up? No I go to other Mobile Nations sites too
    5) Are you trying to educate those of us poor souls left here as to why you are so relieved that you left? No
    6) Do you really want a BB10 device but it doesn't quite yet match your needs so you are keeping in touch until it does? Yes I want a Q and I'm waiting for the price to drop further.
    7) Or - and this is the obvious one - are you just a WUM or 'Under The Bridge' type? I love being under bridges, especially by the river in the summer.
    8) Other!

Can't think of any more, I'm sure you can although a poll would be interesting...

11-15-13 06:33 PM
    @qbnkelt: You're the exception. Nobody's accusing you of anything.

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt and Thunderbuck like this.
    11-15-13 06:37 PM
    Interesting (and on behalf of us all as a bickering family - thanks for the compliment!).

So I'll put you down as a #4 and a #8 yes?
    Yeah, that sounds about right.

Or (pushing my luck somewhat), a #6?

You never know!
    You never know!

Oh, it's a BB fan site BTW, that's pretty much stated in it's title but you're more than welcome!
    Thanks!
    mscloutier likes this.
    11-15-13 06:46 PM
    @qbnkelt: You're the exception. Nobody's accusing you of anything.

Posted via CB10
    you would be surprised, love....
    11-15-13 06:49 PM
    I own a BlackBerry PlayBook, and while I believe my iPhone 5 is the best smartphone I've ever owned, I am seriously considering getting a Q10. Maybe even a Z30 since my carrier is Verizon. I have never owned or even tried a BB10 device and I wonder if I'm missing out on a better smartphone experience (for me).

I bought my i5 in July, thinking BlackBerry wouldn't be around a year from then. I'm actually very encouraged with the new infusion of cash and the new CEO and think they may still have a chance to turn things around.

While I love my i5...I miss being different. I like having a device that makes people go "wow, that's kinda cool". Believe it or not, I get those kinds of comments when I show people my PlayBook with its multi-tasking capabilities and how I can control it remotely with my old BlackBerry Curve.

And now that BB10 supports Android APK installation, having access to the iOS app ecosystem is no longer a compelling reason to stay put.

And gosh dang it, I miss having a physical QWERTY keyboard!!

So I guess those are some of the reasons I keep sticking around. I'm a BlackBerry fan at heart.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    11-15-13 06:52 PM
    I own a BlackBerry PlayBook, and while I believe my iPhone 5 is the best smartphone I've ever owned, I am seriously considering getting a Q10. Maybe even a Z30 since my carrier is Verizon. I have never owned or even tried a BB10 device and I wonder if I'm missing out on a better smartphone experience (for me).

I bought my i5 in July, thinking BlackBerry wouldn't be around a year from then. I'm actually very encouraged with the new infusion of cash and the new CEO and think they may still have a chance to turn things around.

While I love my i5...I miss being different. I like having a device that makes people go "wow, that's kinda cool". Believe it or not, I get those kinds of comments when I show people my PlayBook with its multi-tasking capabilities and how I can control it remotely with my old BlackBerry Curve.

And now that BB10 supports Android APK installation, having access to the iOS app ecosystem is no longer a compelling reason to stay put.

And gosh dang it, I miss having a physical QWERTY keyboard!!

So I guess those are some of the reasons I keep sticking around. I'm a BlackBerry fan at heart.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    Then we'll put you down as a probable #2!

Go on... you know you'll love it....!

Feel It, Swipe It, Love It. BlackBerry Z10
    11-15-13 06:56 PM
    you would be surprised, love....
    Well, nobody who's been on CB for any extended period of time would. You have a post count in the thousands and the vast majority of them have been relatively unbiased and fair, and I haven't seen you stoop to insulting others personally like some have.

You've probably never even received any infractions before either (unlike me: taking a thread offtopic and responding politely to somebody who insulted me).

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 06:57 PM
166 123 ...