I want to install the latest leak, but don't want to loose all the android apps I have already installed, the corresponding settings / data and finally the placement of the app on my home screen / folder.

Is there a way to load the leak and also backup and restore and keep all the aforementioned settings? If so, kindly point me to the tool or thread....

Much thanks in advance for your response.

Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 12:47 PM
    What I can say to you for sure is that if you do a backup before installing the leak and restore it, you won't loose the placement of your icons. For your progression in your android apps, I cannot say...
    11-15-13 12:57 PM
    I want to install the latest leak, but don't want to loose all the android apps I have already installed, the corresponding settings / data and finally the placement of the app on my home screen / folder.

Is there a way to load the leak and also backup and restore and keep all the aforementioned settings? If so, kindly point me to the tool or thread....

Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    With previous leaks, as long as you side loaded the BARs for your Android apps after loading the leak but BEFORE restoring your backup, you'd keep all your Android settings and home screen placement.

That said, I'm not entirely sure how it's working with the new leak if you are installing APKs before the restore (instead of BARs).

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 12:59 PM
    What I found out this morning is, that if you have a converted app from bb world on your phone, you cannot upgrade with an apk. E.g. I installed ebay from bb world (restored via link) and wanted to install the latest version via apk, but the installer just said it cannot be replaced. In this case the old version has to be deleted first, then you can install the apk.
    11-15-13 01:47 PM

Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    I'm 66% through restoring my phone after doing the update. I'll let you know what happens regarding the android apps / placement.
    11-15-13 01:49 PM
    Did you install the android apps before the restore as FuriousK suggested?

Edit:

Could it be possible to back up the android apps with 'Titanium Backup'? Thats what you would use on a android device when switching between roms.

Edit 2: I will try it right away.
    11-15-13 01:57 PM
    Ok, so I installed the leak, and just restored my phone. All of the android apps, which were converted to .bar files and then installed (before i backed up my phone) are gone. My icon layout is different too.

I suggest taking some screenshots of your layout if you are particular about how you want it.
    11-15-13 01:59 PM
    That's the normal behaviour of Link. It never (certainly not with 10.2.0 and older OS) backs up the side loaded apps, but it always restores my layout:
    Backup and Restore.-img_00000007.png

FuriousK's idea seems to be a pretty good one. I will try that with the next leak.

I've now tested Titanium Backup and unfortunately it doesn't work - it need root rights on the android player.
    11-15-13 02:07 PM
    Guys,

great news. An app called "My Backup (Pro)" is capable of backing up our android apps onto the device itself or to a cloud storage.
    I've just tested it and it works fine. Following are the steps to take to back them up locally (I'll add screenshots):

1. Install attached apk-file (don't worry, no malware, just downloaded it from Google Play).
    2. Launch the app and goto settings (the dots upper right corner > settings)
    3. Set the target folder to /mnt/sdcard and go back to the main menu
    4. Choose 'new backup' then 'applications & media'
    5. As target select 'local (/mnt/sdcard)'
    6. Tick the select all checkbox for Apps or choose the apps you want to backup by hitting the white box, then hit ok.
    7. Set a name and hit ok and the backup will start.

I'm still figuring out the best way to restore, but I'll keep you updated
    Attached Files
    11-15-13 02:57 PM
    Guys,

great news. An app called "My Backup (Pro)" is capable of backing up our android apps onto the device itself or to a cloud storage.
    I've just tested it and it works fine. Following are the steps to take to back them up locally (I'll add screenshots):

1. Install attached apk-file (don't worry, no malware, just downloaded it from Google Play).
    2. Launch the app and goto settings (the dots upper right corner > settings)
    3. Set the target folder to /mnt/sdcard and go back to the main menu
    4. Choose 'new backup' then 'applications & media'
    5. As target select 'local (/mnt/sdcard)'
    6. Tick the select all checkbox for Apps or choose the apps you want to backup by hitting the white box, then hit ok.
    7. Set a name and hit ok and the backup will start.

I'm still figuring out the best way to restore, but I'll keep you updated
    any update on this?

is this still the best way to backup and restore android game saves?
    12-25-13 09:12 PM
    Add me to the list of MMS being broken now. Affects both outgoing and incoming. SMS is okay. Additionally, no emoticon support in texting mode.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1259
    12-26-13 04:46 AM