Installed latest leak (my first! PoP goes the cherry). Looking for ways to download apks. When trying to install amazon app market apk, it says installer has stalled. Ideas?

Night Radio Show Tune-In and Discussion: C0012487D Q&A with an Ex-Mormon/LDS: C00121BDD
    11-15-13 11:56 AM
    Hit Cancel...or whatever the left option is. it'll sit there for a moment and then bring up the install screen. Should work flawlessly after that.
    11-15-13 12:45 PM
    Reboot your phone and continue it should run, I have downloaded it and installed Netflix which crashes after it is loaded.
    11-15-13 01:04 PM
    I have it installed but every app i have trieto install from it. Crash

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 08:00 PM
    I installed Netflix (Amazon app store) and it crashed every time I tried to open the app. Then today I found myself completely locked out of my phone.
    I've restored my device so I may try again tonight and see what happens but I had no luck with it on my first attempt.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 08:43 PM
    Congrats on losing your leak virginity!!

1Mobile Market works really well and I haven't had any problems with all the major apps like Instagram, Vine, Kik and even Netflix works fine for 1Mobile but the one downloaded from Amazon kept crashing for me too

Amazon App Market help-img_00000718.png

Installed latest leak (my first! PoP goes the cherry). Looking for ways to download apks. When trying to install amazon app market apk, it says installer has stalled. Ideas?

Night Radio Show Tune-In and Discussion: C0012487D Q&A with an Ex-Mormon/LDS: C00121BDD

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 09:11 PM
    I installed Amazon and then Netflix again. Didn't work. Pulled battery, still nothing. Unistalled the Netflix app and reinstalled and viola! Seems to be running fine.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 09:23 PM
    Oooops I lied lol. Worked for a while but it's back to crashing every time I open the Netflix app

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 09:46 PM
    Oooops I lied lol. Worked for a while but it's back to crashing every time I open the Netflix app

Posted via CB10
    Try searching from the Browser and download the 1Mobile Market app. Netflix downloaded from there works fine for me - Amazon nope.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 11:47 PM
    Downloaded Netflix from amazon but it kept crashing since installed it from the sky drive which works fine. Also removed the amazon app store as it started crashing my phone

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 02:04 PM
    I got it to work following the first two suggestions. Thanks!

11-17-13 04:49 PM
    I'll try it tonight. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 06:12 PM
    So I tried 1Mobile and had an issue I've noticed others having, "No Contention", but when I searched for the apps I wanted it worked fine. Downloaded and installed Instagram and Netflix from there and both run fine with no more crashing.

Thanks for the help.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 07:28 PM
    Amazon's APK's are often DRM'd, I had used Amazon to install my banking app, and it would load, and quickly crash right after I'd try to run it. This was also true for a couple other apps I tried. In the case of Candy Crush, it would almost always hang on the "Loading..." screen at the beginning.

So I got the APK for my banking app from Google Play, and it works flawlessly. The software is the same build, the only difference is that when devs submit an app to Amazon, Amazon signs it and unless the dev opts out of DRM, Amazon adds a DRM layer to the package. Its the DRM that's causing issues. The DRM requires that the Amazon appstore is installed, and logged in, in order for the app to run. I can run the Appstore fine, but the DRM'd apps fail.

The sad thing is, the same Amazon-sourced APK's worked for me on 10.2.0 with the BBLeaks unlocked runtime.

Best bet is to avoid Amazon, at least until the Android player plays nicer with Amazon's DRM junk. Frankly the requirement for the Appstore to be installed and logged in is enough of a nuisance to make me avoid it anyway.
    11-18-13 01:29 PM
    1mobile app is now working fine with no more connection error

In my opinion it's better that Amazon app

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 02:14 PM
    Best bet is to avoid Amazon, at least until the Android player plays nicer with Amazon's DRM junk. Frankly the requirement for the Appstore to be installed and logged in is enough of a nuisance to make me avoid it anyway.
    I'm going to agree. The Amazon Appstore is nice but crashes and apps installed from it are hit or miss. Most commonly a miss. Haven't had any trouble from 1MobileMarket. Runs smooth and apps work. Got Netflix off 1Mobile without any issues.
    11-18-13 02:24 PM
    I'm suspecting some type of memory issue or format conflict with these Amazon apps. This is what happened with me:

Downloaded the Amazon store immediately after installing the leak. Amazon store app worked fine (and continues to work fine). Installed 7 little words and Netflix apps, and both appeared to work fine after several hard restarts. Thinking my test was successful, I restored everything but app data, reinstalled the store, reinstalled the apps, reinstalled all my apps, and the two Amazon apps stopped working.

I updated my wife's phone, restored everything but her app data, installed store and seven little words, and the app worked fine all night. I installed her old apps, and now the game doesn't work.

We both have plenty of memory left, but all I can think of is a memory issue or some type of conflict with the BlackBerry files.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 02:43 PM
    I got rid of Amazon, installed Netflix again from market 1, and everything is working fine so far.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 01:25 PM
    Hi, call me stupid but can you tell me how to download the APK file from Google Play. I only seem to get the option to "Install" straight to device i.e my android device. I have tried signing out of Google but it just tells me to sign in again.
    11-19-13 04:22 PM
    Hi, call me stupid but can you tell me how to download the APK file from Google Play. I only seem to get the option to "Install" straight to device i.e my android device. I have tried signing out of Google but it just tells me to sign in again.
    Use the Browser and google "APK Downloader", add that link to the Home Screen or as a Bookmark, next go to the Google Play Store, search for an app, copy the URL link (don't click on the app!) and paste it in the APK Downloader and click on the "Generate Download Link" and voila you have your link to get the apk file.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 01:05 AM
    I don't know what U was doing wrong, but the downloader didn't work for me. Pushing the green button did create a link, but clicking the blue button did nothing (I may have gotten the colors backwards).

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 02:47 AM
    I don't know what U was doing wrong, but the downloader didn't work for me. Pushing the green button did create a link, but clicking the blue button did nothing (I may have gotten the colors backwards).

Posted via CB10
    Blue button to generate the download link and then green to download the apk file. We are talking about APK Downloader right?

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 07:08 AM
    @nhanjmken: I moved on to 1 mobile market. I'm not going to bother with Amazon for my APKs.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 04:33 PM
    I did the same. None of the Amazon ones I got worked.
    11-22-13 08:20 AM