Good morning all.
    I'm looking forward to loading this leak tonight or tomorrow. Instead of a general thread about this in the OS pages, just wondering if we can start a thread for us loading it specifically on our Z30's.
    Pls post any issues and great finding here.
    I would appreciate finding it all in our Z30 page.
    Thanks and have a great day.
    Keith

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 05:47 AM
    Before this i'm using Q10. Just got my Z30 sta100-2 yesterday, Clean Installed (secure wipe after autoloader) this leak in the morning, Now doing the test drive. Will get back for more info and findings.
    11-15-13 06:32 AM
    Well I'm assuming this is a general bug for everyone, but when using the picture unlock (if your previous screen was in the hub), the screen will be black and you have to swipe right or swipe up to bring it back. Nothing big, but can be annoying for some. Also after you restore and get everything setup, do a hard reset (up and down volume keys together until the blue loading screen appears) otherwise you will not be able to install APKs directly on your phone. Always a good habit to hard reset anyways. Other than that, everything is quite smooth.
    DO NOT listen to complaints about the android player being slow. It is quite fast, and actually the fastest it's ever been for me. The quick settings is awesome and useful. The picture password is pretty cool but can be frustrating sometimes. Oh and when you're typing a message (email or text), there is the bar that contains the attach, menu and back buttons above the keyboard and now you don't have to minimize the keyboard to get it.
    I'm sure there's more I missed, but those are the real "stand outs" in my mind.
    Attachment 220989
    Attachment 220990
    Attachment 220991
    Attachment 220992
    Last edited by theblob; 11-15-13 at 06:47 AM.
    11-15-13 06:34 AM
    Installed today morning around 7-8 hrs, amazing improvements over 10.2. FM radio is unique addition. Now, as BB users, I can enjoy FM radio on BB device. Have some of you experiencing poor reception of FM radio compare to other devices ?
    11-15-13 06:47 AM
    I did a security wipe and restored from 1791.

I haven't had any issues.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 07:05 AM
    Yes picture unlock screen black issue is a bug even for the Q10. Wechat app crash under this built. FM radio is good.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 07:20 AM
    Some (all?) Android apps that want to rotate to landscape have sizing/orientation issues for me. If I put orientation lock on, they do rotate... and keep size/ratio okay.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 07:48 AM
    Some (all?) Android apps that want to rotate to landscape have sizing/orientation issues for me. If I put orientation lock on, they do rotate... and keep size/ratio okay.

Posted via CB10
    Strange. All of my Android apps rotate no problem :s and they're even faster that some native apps.
    11-15-13 07:56 AM
    I have found that when setting wallpaper I no longer have the option of cropping it. BTW I loaded this up last night and so many neat features. As I play around some more I will post my findings
    11-15-13 08:03 AM
    This is shaping up to be the most significant upgrade ever. There are so many little improvements that together make the OS seem so polished - and I thought it was really polished before.

The big change, of course, is the Android player and the ability to install apks directly. It works really well but it is not perfect yet. I suspect that BlackBerry is going to announce a partnership of some kind with an Android App store, whether it is Google Play or Amazon or someone else. Consumers can't be expected to find apps on their own.

The good news is that most apps work. I'm now running Netflix and HBO Go and so many others that did not work before. Not everything works or works completely. I'm am hoping that future releases improve on this.

I am very happy! I hope that all this new stuff give BlackBerry the ability to make a big push and reclaim some market share.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 08:40 AM
    Well I'm assuming this is a general bug for everyone, but when using the picture unlock (if your previous screen was in the hub), the screen will be black and you have to swipe right or swipe up to bring it back. Nothing big, but can be annoying for some. Also after you restore and get everything setup, do a hard reset (up and down volume keys together until the blue loading screen appears) otherwise you will not be able to install APKs directly on your phone. Always a good habit to hard reset anyways. Other than that, everything is quite smooth.
    DO NOT listen to complaints about the android player being slow. It is quite fast, and actually the fastest it's ever been for me. The quick settings is awesome and useful. The picture password is pretty cool but can be frustrating sometimes. Oh and when you're typing a message (email or text), there is the bar that contains the attach, menu and back buttons above the keyboard and now you don't have to minimize the keyboard to get it.
    I'm sure there's more I missed, but those are the real "stand outs" in my mind.
    Attachment 220989
    Attachment 220990
    Attachment 220991
    Attachment 220992
    Very useful information here, thank you

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 09:17 AM
    Definatley a great upgrade. I have yet to experience the unlock bug but who knows. the only thing that is an issue for me is that i can no longer connect to my Firewall using the VPN setting i just get a timeout same config as before and i can ping it using the device. oh well can't complain it is a beta afterall.
    11-15-13 10:51 AM
    I think I filled up the device memory from my pictures in the original thread, so I'll try to keep this short.

Wondering about whether or not you should install?

Do it. Now.

Posted via CB10
    bluetroll and SteelGreek like this.
    11-15-13 11:00 AM
    Where is the fm radio, can't find it...
    Edit: never mind, just found it under music, thought there would be a separate app icon

Z30, and yes, it's a bit on the heavy side...
    11-15-13 11:08 AM
    Is this for the z10 also?

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 11:39 AM
    I can't imagine what sort of bugs are only going to be Z30 specific?????

What I will say, is that this leak is HUGE! Not just the ability to install .apk directly but the changes to the HUB and quick settings are just brilliant.
    11-15-13 11:52 AM
    I came from the .1803 OS and all I did was security wipe, load the new OS and restored, and so far I haven't noticed anything major yet, but I am LOVING it! It's so good all the features and changes

Posted from my Z30.
    11-15-13 11:55 AM
    Is this for the z10 also?

Posted via CB10
    yes....now go and read ----> http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...evices-873653/
    11-15-13 11:55 AM
    I've noticed the BlackBerry maps is a lot smoother, no jumping around.

Posted from my 295ppi super amoled s stripe 720p Z30
    11-15-13 11:56 AM
    I think I filled up the device memory from my pictures in the original thread, so I'll try to keep this short.

Wondering about whether or not you should install?

Do it. Now.

Posted via CB10
    Tonight! Can't wait.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 11:59 AM
    I came from the .1803 OS and all I did was security wipe, load the new OS and restored, and so far I haven't noticed anything major yet, but I am LOVING it! It's so good all the features and changes

Posted from my Z30.
    Huh? Are you sure you loaded the correct leak?
    11-15-13 12:03 PM
    Huh? Are you sure you loaded the correct leak?
    Major bugs I should have specified lol

Posted from my Z30.
    11-15-13 12:10 PM
    Sorry should have been more specific I meant is the fm radio for the z10 also. I already have 10.2.1 on my z10

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 12:52 PM
    I'm not sure if it's Z30 specific but I can't send Yahoo or gmail emails just receive them.
    11-15-13 12:59 PM
    Sorry should have been more specific I meant is the fm radio for the z10 also. I already have 10.2.1 on my z10

Posted via CB10
    FM radio is for Z30 and Q only.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 01:40 PM
69 123