Hello everyone,
    I don't start a thread unless I believe it is in the best interest of all concerned and has to do with an actual problem that has or may have affected others that have downloaded it.
    Here goes and I hope someone can be of help!

I have a 2012 Mercedes Benz 350GLK and I have never had an issue pairing any phone with it, including the nearly 15 or 20 OS leaked/official upgrades I've installed on my Q10. This one is the exception.

I paired it after downloading the new OS, and it worked fine with the car and with no issues until--I stopped the car, turned it off, got out, got back in, started it-- and had to re-connect/re-pair the phone to the car again! It simply unauthorized it and acted like it wasn't even there. I deleted it from the car--from the phone and redid it and it was fine once again---but, then it happened over and over again!

So today I did a ful reload of the leaked OS and then wiped the phone. I then restored with a clean restore via link, and everything else seems to work fine, but the BT doesn't. Same scenario--What's odd is one time it wouldn't let me answer the phone and I had to do it manually, and one time not at all and then deleted it. So, anyone with any fix would be so appreciated! Please!!!! (I don't beg often -lol). I live in CA and bluetooth in a car is mandatory. Thank you in advance as I hope someone out there has the answer. Otherwise, this OS really Rocks!
    11-14-13 05:53 PM
    Haven't got the new leak loaded yet on my Z, so I can't test anything yet. If it is an issue with the BT stack, loading the previous known working BT bar *might* fix the problem but may break other stuff. There is a known change in 1.* that allows Android apps to access BT so this may be buggy and causing your issues since this is a non official release.

That's the best advice I've got for ya until I can get it installed and test with my various BT devices, I have about 5 or 6 paired with my device so I will be able to test many different types of devices to attempt to duplicate any autoconnect issues.
    11-14-13 06:07 PM
    Haven't got the new leak loaded yet on my Z, so I can't test anything yet. If it is an issue with the BT stack, loading the previous known working BT bar *might* fix the problem but may break other stuff. There is a known change in 1.* that allows Android apps to access BT so this may be buggy and causing your issues since this is a non official release.

Hey OldSkoolVWLover! I hope you are doing well buddy! This one really confuses me. And the rest of the OS is so darn good that I sure hope a fix happens soon. However, if I'm the only one or there are just a few, it may never happen.That's why I wanted to post it to a personal thread! Most of you that know me on here, know I won't post a thread unless it's important and this is an important one for sure! I'll be watching for your posts. Thanks a million! Go1ndr (Jack)

That's the best advice I've got for ya until I can get it installed and test with my various BT devices, I have about 5 or 6 paired with my device so I will be able to test many different types of devices to attempt to duplicate any autoconnect issues.
    11-14-13 06:15 PM
    Hey OldSkoolVWLover! I hope you are doing well buddy! This one really confuses me. And the rest of the OS is so darn good that I sure hope a fix happens soon. However, if I'm the only one or there are just a few, it may never happen.That's why I wanted to post it to a personal thread! Most of you that know me on here, know I won't post a thread unless it's important and this is an important one for sure! I'll be watching for your posts. Thanks a million! Go1ndr (Jack)
    Good luck and I agree this is a big one, wife and I both use BT in the car (in CA as well) and I use BT a ton with home theater and at work listening to podcasts and I don't want to be tethered to the phone.

I was about to do it but one of our uber efficient mods beat me to it. Got this moved to the leak forums, lets see if anyone can duplicate on 1055 or if anyone has any clue on my loading of the BT bar and if it will blow up on ya (don't want that).
    11-14-13 06:19 PM
    Good luck and I agree this is a big one, wife and I both use BT in the car (in CA as well) and I use BT a ton with home theater and at work listening to podcasts and I don't want to be tethered to the phone.

I was about to do it but one of our uber efficient mods beat me to it. Got this moved to the leak forums, lets see if anyone can duplicate on 1055 or if anyone has any clue on my loading of the BT bar and if it will blow up on ya (don't want that).
    Thanks man! Much appreciated! I was just telling Mecca that I didn't do anything different than I ever have in pairing the car to it so I just can't imagine what it is but I dont' think it's anything to do with a restore as it was a clean freshly built restore -lol. Thanks!
    PS: Thought I posted it on the leaks forum--duh my bad!
    mundo472 likes this.
    11-14-13 06:34 PM
    My Q10 paired perfectly with my '12 Camaro and a Blue Parrot headset that I use.
    11-14-13 08:30 PM
    That's what's weird. It works perfectly with my other BT devices, just not my car. And it always has before. Got to be a restore problem?? Was hoping someone would jump on here with a fix-lol

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 11:32 AM
    paired as normal with my 2009 c-class
    11-15-13 12:10 PM
    paired as normal with my 2009 c-class
    Thanks! I'm starting to believe its a corrupted file either in my app data or in my settings, b/c I
    re-installled the 10.2.1.1055 OS (2nd time), then wiped the phone, signed in to BBID and then restored from what I thought was a clean restore that had just recently been backed up.
    I've paired many BB's with my cars (all MBZ) and never had an issue so this one is an odd one.
    What happens is every time I get into my car, I have to delete the devices on both my Q10 and my GLK and then pair them both again from scratch to get it to work. It doesn't save (though it says it does) like the headsets do. Very weird to say the least and hopefully someone else will pop up on here with an answer. Thanks again.
    11-15-13 03:01 PM
    Wish I had more for you, in and out of the car today and paired with a BT "adapter" no problems. Will continue to play with various connections, but haven't replicated any issue yet.
    11-15-13 10:55 PM
    I'm using a BT adapter (FM transmitter) in my car to broadcast my music to the car audio system, and I noticed that after loading 10.2.1.1055 (STL100-4 on VZW), playback was significantly compromised. I'm talking about like "somebody kicked the tape deck" compromised, skips, breakage, the whole nine. I'm not sure if it's associated with the known media player issues (mine has worked fine thus far so I didn't load the fixed version over it yet), plus I was also having issues using Pandora as well.

Anyway, sharing this just to say that perhaps BT isn't fully functioning on this build. Could it be from the added BT functionality for the Android runtime? Who knows...

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 11:05 PM
    Hi I'm having a similar issue with my van, since the official 10.2 update I can pair it the first time but when I turn the van off the phone won't drop the connection, I cannot even turn Bluetooth off at this point and the phone won't re-pair with the van.

The only way to get it to work again is to reboot the phone, then I can either turn BT off or let it re-pair.

The van is a 2012 Citro�n Berlingo so not an out of date BT system.

Phone is a Z10 STL100-2 running 10.2.0.1791

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 10:44 AM
    Hi I'm having a similar issue with my van, since the official 10.2 update I can pair it the first time but when I turn the van off the phone won't drop the connection, I cannot even turn Bluetooth off at this point and the phone won't re-pair with the van.

The only way to get it to work again is to reboot the phone, then I can either turn BT off or let it re-pair.

The van is a 2012 Citro�n Berlingo so not an out of date BT system.

Phone is a Z10 STL100-2 running 10.2.0.1791

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like you have a different issue if the phone isn't dropping connection when the receiver isn't available. I can't duplicate that in the leak for sure.
    11-16-13 03:02 PM
    **UPDATED**

*OK, so I did a hard reset, then re-paired the headset and phone and it connected! I will update if it doesn't reconnect on my next attempt.

I upgraded to this leak and cannot pair to my Bose Bluetooth Headset. It shows the headset, but gets an error saying or cannot pair.

10.2.1.1055 on an unlocked Z10.

Unlocked Z10 on 10.2.0.1443
    Last edited by tjarkmentos; 11-16-13 at 03:34 PM.
    11-16-13 03:15 PM
    I have a problem with a BT stack too with my in car Pioneer deck with BT. It use 3 BT profiles: Headset profile (for phone calls), AV control for media playback, and A2DP for music streaming. And it look like A2DP profile doesn't work on latest 10.2.1.1055 leak! It can't connect to this profile and music doesn't play. Calls working good.
    So.... waiting for the next leak!

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 03:15 PM
    Wish I had more for you, in and out of the car today and paired with a BT "adapter" no problems. Will continue to play with various connections, but haven't replicated any issue yet.
    Thanks! I sideloaded an earlier blue tooth bar file and same senario. Absolutely a bug. Next update hopefully will fix it!

Posted via CB10
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    11-16-13 03:38 PM
    I'm having an issue too such as yours. did you just load a new bar file and its all good?

Thanks! I sideloaded an earlier blue tooth bar file and same senario. Absolutely a bug. Next update hopefully will fix it!

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 11:30 AM
    I'm having an issue too such as yours. did you just load a new bar file and its all good?
    Hi Slade,
    No, I tried an older bar file but t didn't work so I loaded back the original. My task cleaner did locate an android file named "com.anroid.bluethooth"-"Bluetooth Share" and I think it may have something to do with this OS and how the android file work on it! Hope they get a fix soon! Thanks for posting!
    I

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 04:39 PM
    The initial connect to my Honda was slow and would display no info for music files but music played. I did not mess with it as I was driving. On second drive with the car it has been fine. The player has given me a few other issues but these are not related to the car connection.
    11-17-13 04:49 PM
    I'm using the Gateway to connect via my device to Pioneer Deck. I was having no problems up until I installed the new leak. Deck shows its connected but no sound. I downgraded OS' and it works now. I hope a new 10.2.1 release comes out soon.
    11-18-13 01:15 PM
    I don't think I've posted an update, have now had no problems going between 4 different BT devices, I keep adding and they keep pairing, no problem.

Glad reloading the BAR worked for you Jack!
    11-18-13 04:34 PM
    I don't think I've posted an update, have now had no problems going between 4 different BT devices, I keep adding and they keep pairing, no problem.

Glad reloading the BAR worked for you Jack!
    Hey buddy--actually reloading the bar didn't work for me, it screwed up the BT completely. I had to reload the original back on to get it back to original status, and it's still the same scenaro. I'm so tired of screwing with it, I don't care anymore (not true). I know that Mecca is working on it as well. I'm glad it's working for you, which means that maybe it has to do with Q's more than others but then really there are a lot of posts that say that they are having the same issue as me, so who knows. Thanks for the constant checking and reloading for me buddy. Much appreciated!
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    11-18-13 06:25 PM
    I have the same problem.
    Z10 STL100-3 with OS 10.2.1.1055.

After successful pairing with MB ML350, after I get out of the car and come back, the car is unable to connect to the phone again. Have to erase profiles from both car and phone, re-pair, but the end result is the same.
    I never restored any setting after I installed the new OS, set the phone up from scratch.
    My Plantronic headset, which I haven't used for two years, works like a charm...

This must be a bug, I never had this issue before. I will try the next release.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 06:33 PM
    Hey buddy--actually reloading the bar didn't work for me, it screwed up the BT completely. I had to reload the original back on to get it back to original status, and it's still the same scenaro. I'm so tired of screwing with it, I don't care anymore (not true). I know that Mecca is working on it as well. I'm glad it's working for you, which means that maybe it has to do with Q's more than others but then really there are a lot of posts that say that they are having the same issue as me, so who knows. Thanks for the constant checking and reloading for me buddy. Much appreciated!
    I have the same problem.
    Z10 STL100-3 with OS 10.2.1.1055.

After successful pairing with MB ML350, after I get out of the car and come back, the car is unable to connect to the phone again. Have to erase profiles from both car and phone, re-pair, but the end result is the same.
    I never restored any setting after I installed the new OS, set the phone up from scratch.
    My Plantronic headset, which I haven't used for two years, works like a charm...

This must be a bug, I never had this issue before. I will try the next release.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry guys I don't remember discussing this, but it may be in the thread.... any chance you have checked to see if there is a firmware update (or even rollback) you can try on your MB? I know there was a thread about that with another car manufacturer at some point (not on this current build, just trying to toss ideas out at you). Sadly I am well outside the income range for an MB right now.
    11-18-13 09:18 PM
    And sorry I misunderstood was trying to skim threads while doing other things and didn't process every post.
    11-18-13 09:19 PM
59 123