Hello. Windows users. $20 if you install a leak for me on my Q. Let's get together. I'll buy drinks if the install takes longer than an hour--that's in your favor.

Thanks.
    11-14-13 08:39 AM
    Hey!! I wish I was closer to the city or I'd do that for you buddy!
    Hopefully someone will see this and message you!
    kazn3r likes this.
    11-14-13 08:58 AM
    yes wish you were closer, I just did mine this morning and with install and restore my old stuff I was just under an hr. the actual os didn't take long but a couple reboots and then putting passwords to get stuff working. Really like it so far the changes that they made are positive. I was getting used to answering the phone the old way but I think with the q the new way is nicer.
    11-14-13 02:24 PM
    Hello. Windows users. $20 if you install a leak for me on my Q. Let's get together. I'll buy drinks if the install takes longer than an hour--that's in your favor.

Thanks.
    where in nyc and is that with a full restore or just throw in the os
    11-14-13 02:26 PM
    Wow. $20 to push some buttons?! Dang, why couldn't Nashville be closer to NYC?

(Not to infringe on anyone's potential commission, but this might be a great case study for the use BBM Video and Screen Share to troubleshoot with others from a distance. Up until the part where you have to install the leak, of course.)

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 02:29 PM
    So, you don't have windows? Or you have windows but don't know how to?

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 02:30 PM
    @ooStryder who loves in Nashville. Email me bud to help a fellow CrackBerry Z10 user if you've done it and I'll pay $20 and buy a few drinks. We can meet in downtown Nashville if you're up for it.

Kuqo @ mail.com

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 02:33 PM
    I'm assuming he doesn't have windows, otherwise any of us could do this over rdp

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 02:36 PM
    SirJes and i are in BK...

where you from?
    11-14-13 02:40 PM
    @ooStryder who loves in Nashville. Email me bud to help a fellow CrackBerry Z10 user if you've done it and I'll pay $20 and buy a few drinks. We can meet in downtown Nashville if you're up for it.

Kuqo @ mail.com

Posted via CB10
    Won't be able dedicate time to actually meet for the next several days so if you're willing to wait until closer to the end of next week I can definitely meet up with you then. Otherwise, so long as it's not a matter of you not having access to a Windows machine, I can easily walk you through it over the phone or through BBM. It's not anywhere near as difficult as it looks.

We can talk more via PM if you like, and no need to pay me, I was just joking.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 02:48 PM
    Won't be able dedicate time to actually meet for the next several days so if you're willing to wait until closer to the end of next week I can definitely meet up with you then. Otherwise, so long as it's not a matter of you not having access to a Windows machine, I can easily walk you through it over the phone or through BBM. It's not anywhere near as difficult as it looks.

We can talk more via PM if you like, and no need to pay me, I was just joking.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I have a Microsoft surface RT (biggest mistake I've ever made) and not an actual Microsoft Windows machine so I'm willing to wait.

OK well how about I buy drinks or coffee. Whatever you prefer.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 03:06 PM
    where in nyc and is that with a full restore or just throw in the os
    I'm really in jersey, but I can be anywhere in Manhattan...or bk...idc...

And, I'd need a restore with contacts and images...apps and stuff I can download again, idk... But yes, i'd like a restore.
    11-14-13 03:13 PM
    Yeah I have a Microsoft surface RT (biggest mistake I've ever made) and not an actual Microsoft Windows machine so I'm willing to wait.

Posted via CB10
    Lol ironically I don't drink much of either. But we'll work it out lol.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 03:13 PM
    Lol ironically I don't drink much of either. But we'll work it out lol.

Posted via CB10
    Well you've gotta eat hahaha how about lunch on a weekend for your troubles. Again you have my email. Email me and I'll give you my pin and or phone number to get in touch.

Thanks again. I really cannot express how much I appreciate it. I want to learn so I too can help out someone else in the future.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 03:15 PM
    I'm really in jersey, but I can be anywhere in Manhattan...or bk...idc...

And, I'd need a restore with contacts and images...apps and stuff I can download again, idk... But yes, i'd like a restore.
    For contacts I'd use a third-party app, there are several in BlackBerry World and I personally use SMS Backup (the dev is a CB user and extremely helpful with troubleshooting if need be).

I save all my pictures onto my SD card by default, and usually place my device screenshots (I hate that BB10 requires you to save them in the device > camera directory) into a zip file and move those the SD card as well. If you don't have external memory in your device, you can use a USB cable to connect your phone to your desktop machine, set it to "USB Mass Storage" mode via the Storage and Access menu in Settings, and just copy your pictures over to your computer. (With the Z30 and I'm assuming future BB10 devices this is made easier with USB-OTG support that lets you connect external hard drives and other USB devices directly to your phone.)

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 03:21 PM
    Well you've gotta eat hahaha how about lunch on a weekend for your troubles. Again you have my email. Email me and I'll give you my pin and or phone number to get in touch.

Thanks again. I really cannot express how much I appreciate it. I want to learn so I too can help out someone else in the future.

Posted via CB10
    Not a problem as I love to eat!

I'll get in touch with you probably over this weekend or on Monday so we have time to adjust schedules if necessary. And I try to "Pay It Forward" as much as I can so teaching you will only help the cause.

P.S. OP, sorry for hijacking your thread with this Nashville talk, lol. If there isn't anyone that can take you up on your offer then I'm still available to guide you through it (as I'm sure most of us here are as well) if you find access to a Windows machine.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 03:24 PM

Kuqo @ mail.com

Posted via CB10
    I'm in Nashville, (Brentwood) it is time to have drinks with some CrackBerry friends.
    00stryder likes this.
    11-14-13 03:27 PM
    Thanks for all the info guys, but I do already know how to backup and restore and all that jazz.

Glad I can connect some people here! Cmon ATT..
    11-14-13 04:10 PM
    I'm in Nashville, (Brentwood) it is time to have drinks with some CrackBerry friends.
    Yes sounds good to me. You guys have my email so hit me up. I'm 5 min away from brentwood

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 07:11 PM
    Is there a way to install the new OS from a macbook?

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 08:28 PM
    Is there a way to install the new OS from a macbook?

Posted via CB10
    If you're able to run a Windows OS (I'd try anything under Windows 8 as I hear it doesn't play nice with BlackBerry Link) via Bootcamp or similar means, I think that might be an option, but I don't know for sure. There might be more to it than simply the computer being able to read the .exe file.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 08:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    Don't mean to step on this thread but install a small utility on you Surface RT called: Classic Start Menu. It's free and will give you the start button back. Then you can access Windows Explorer and run the Autoloader.
    00stryder likes this.
    11-14-13 08:39 PM
    dang if only i was in NYC right now.

Thanks.
    11-14-13 08:44 PM
    Don't mean to step on this thread but install a small utility on you Surface RT called: Classic Start Menu. It's free and will give you the start button back. Then you can access Windows Explorer and run the Autoloader.
    Oh wow, that sounds promising. If that's the case then I can definitely help you sooner via email/phone/BBM chat, AIKuqo.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 09:22 PM
    I tried to look that up through the Microsoft Store (their app world) and there was nothing.

I have updated the RT to 8.1 and i searched online to install the CLASSIC START BUTTON but it stated that it required to jailbreak my tablet and i don't know how to do that either; so I guess I'm S.O.L until I get an actual laptop.

Any tips?

Email me please
    And
    Thank you for your input.
    It's appreciated from the bottom of my heart.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 10:31 PM
27 12