Hi
    My phone is SQN100-3
    I did a backup before installing the 10.2.1.1055.The phone was on a official 10.2 which was pushed by my carrier at that time.
    So,after installing the leak,I try to restore the backup(via BBlink).Every time in the middle of the restore process,the phone turned off itself and then
    restart.
    I tried other backup files,including earlier ones,but it always fails in the middle of the process.
    Someone please help me out.I can't lose my contacts book.Thanks a lot!
    11-14-13 06:49 AM
    Try changing the backup's software version number to a higher version with Darcy's Tools

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 06:58 AM
    Same problem here, unable to restore is the worse for consumer. What is blackberry doing. Do they know about this issue!
    11-14-13 07:09 AM
    also verify you are on the updated version of bb link...i think it came out tues
    11-14-13 07:10 AM
    also verify you are on the updated version of bb link...i think it came out tues
    Still doesnt work. Tried many methods, flight mode, security wipe, latests link, reboot compuer and phone but don't work.
    11-14-13 07:13 AM
    Link gives you opportunity to restore what you want to. Try to restore everything one at a time, or else try to restore without checking settings.
    11-14-13 07:22 AM
    Same problem here, unable to restore is the worse for consumer. What is blackberry doing. Do they know about this issue!
    This is a leak, remember? As in 'unofficial'.

Beside, it must be written at least an hundred times in the forum that restores with these either don't work or cause some problem on the newly installed OS. Nothing new.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30
    geraham likes this.
    11-14-13 07:30 AM
    This is a leak, remember? As in 'unofficial'.

Beside, it must be written at least an hundred times in the forum that restores with these either don't work or cause some problem on the newly installed OS. Nothing new.

I dont get you. My bb link is the latest version from blackberry website, my os is 10.2. the latest from my carrier. They are all official and not leaked. So now i am unable to restore while im on official version, what does that mean? I know it is nothing new that link restoring don't work for the majority, and that's why im questioning why blackberry is slow at fixing thing.
    11-14-13 07:38 AM
    I dont get you. My bb link is the latest version from blackberry website, my os is 10.2. the latest from my carrier. They are all official and not leaked. So now i am unable to restore while im on official version, what does that mean? I know it is nothing new that link restoring don't work for the majority, and that's why im questioning why blackberry is slow at fixing thing.
    I understand you, but 10.2.1.1055 is not official, it is a leak. So even if your backup had been done on official 10.2, it will not work. Or not properly at least. The only way to do this properly is through an OTA update, which keeps everything on your phone without the need to backup, but it only available through carriers.

Backup files can be compatible with other versions whe you update, as 10.2.0.X to an higher 10.2.0.X version, but the farthest you get from your original version, the least chances you have to make it works correctly. Especially when you change from 10.2.0 to 10.2.1, which is a 'big' update.

I'm not saying it will never work, but success is pretty limited, so much that most people just do not restore and save everything important on other medias (SD card, cloud, etc.).

Keep in mind also that a restore from a previous backup do not restore the OS itself, just different part that were saved, such as SMS, contacts, flash data, etc. No OS file is restored.

geraham likes this.
    11-14-13 07:48 AM
    As I said before, there are new settings and configuration in the new ones. Restore checking media and app data...do not restore settings.
    11-14-13 07:53 AM
    As I said before, there are new settings and configuration in the new ones. Restore checking media and app data...do not restore settings.
    Exactly.

If you want to restore the whole save, you have to go back to your official 10.2 version with Sachesi and from there, you will be able to restore it.

11-14-13 07:57 AM
    Try changing the backup's software version number to a higher version with Darcy's Tools

Posted via CB10
    Still not work.
    I changed the bbb version to 10.2.1.1055
    When I start the restoring,the phone still turned off its power and then restart...
    I tried uncheck the "settings" option
    and even tried Sachesi...
    same result.auto reseting.
    11-14-13 08:14 AM
    With my device, twice couldn't restore but i kept trying numerous times until it finally restoring. After restoring, everything's fine except contacts theme couldn't be set to dark but after upgrading to 1803 using debrick files, it was finally be able to change to the dark theme.

Posted via CB10
    gemoelle likes this.
    11-14-13 08:22 AM
    Hi
    My phone is SQN100-3
    I did a backup before installing the 10.2.1.1055.The phone was on a official 10.2 which was pushed by my carrier at that time.
    So,after installing the leak,I try to restore the backup(via BBlink).Every time in the middle of the restore process,the phone turned off itself and then
    restart.
    I tried other backup files,including earlier ones,but it always fails in the middle of the process.
    Someone please help me out.I can't lose my contacts book.Thanks a lot!
    Usually when the phone is rebooting it is something to do with SETTINGS part of Restore that is causing the problem. Try just restoring "APPLICATION DATA" (which is where most of the important stuff is stored). Then do MEDIA. Reboot your phone. Then do Settings.

The new 10.2.1 is SO different from before that so many settings are new and in a different place. You are lucky to have 10.2.1 about 3 months before anyone else - so that other parts of BlackBerry like LINK are not yet caught up.

If this all fails and your old data and settings are very important to you then you'll need to think hard about downgrading back to Official.

Also - maybe try a different program to restore - here in CrackBerry there is a great little utility called "SACHESI" which MIGHT help. http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...taller-825409/
    11-14-13 10:11 AM
    There's another thread that talks about this, but the procedure that worked for me was:

1) Backup the phone via Link (in Airplane Mode).
    2) Run the Autoloader.
    3) When Autoloader completes and you reboot into setup, proceed WITHOUT entering your BBID.
    4) Do a Security Wipe after the setup completes.
    5) During Setup after the Security Wipe, enter your BBID.
    6) Change to Airplane Mode.
    7) Now run the restore.
    11-14-13 10:23 AM
    keel, it's a leak. You can't get ticked at BlackBerry, if you can't restore.

Try rebooting the PC and phone. I had zero issues restoring myself, from a 10.2.1.575 backup off my Z to my Q.

According to your OP, the concern is contacts. They're not in the backup anyway. They're pushed when you sign into your email account(s).
    11-14-13 10:38 AM
    BlackBerry isn't doing anything....you installed a leak....at your own risk. BlackBerry did not release so don't blame them
    11-14-13 10:43 AM
    Thanks guys,I finally get it done.
    Tried many methods but doesn't work,until I reinstalled the BBlink and everything goes fine.
    BTW my computer is on Win8.1,so maybe BBlink has some potential issues with the win8.1?just a guess.
    11-15-13 07:28 AM

According to your OP, the concern is contacts. They're not in the backup anyway. They're pushed when you sign into your email account(s).
    I mainly need the phone numbers,really important for me.Email contacts are not a big deal.And the phone numbers are indeed in the "settings" part of the bbb file.
    11-15-13 07:35 AM
    This is a LEAK, you should expect troubles, this has nothing to do with Blackberry!!
    11-15-13 07:43 AM
    Still not work.
    I changed the bbb version to 10.2.1.1055
    When I start the restoring,the phone still turned off its power and then restart...
    I tried uncheck the "settings" option
    and even tried Sachesi...
    same result.auto reseting.
    i would advise your two things:

1. load 10.2.0.1791, you should be able to restore everything. And stay there, this new OS version is awesome but it's very unstable, i had to perform security WIPES to my phone at least 5 times since i installed it... and as it was mentioned, DO NOT RESTORE SETTINGS, there are just uncompatible, you'll have issues down the road with accounts management...

2. use a contacts management app, such as CONTACT X, and keep your contacts safe, whatever you do

hope it helps, i'm stil on this leak, but wating for a newer one, i'm just using my Q10 for basic needs, email, whatsapp and phone calls, no apps..
    11-15-13 07:52 AM
    i would advise your two things:

1. load 10.2.0.1791, you should be able to restore everything. And stay there, this new OS version is awesome but it's very unstable, i had to perform security WIPES to my phone at least 5 times since i installed it... and as it was mentioned, DO NOT RESTORE SETTINGS, there are just uncompatible, you'll have issues down the road with accounts management...

2. use a contacts management app, such as CONTACT X, and keep your contacts safe, whatever you do

hope it helps, i'm stil on this leak, but wating for a newer one, i'm just using my Q10 for basic needs, email, whatsapp and phone calls, no apps..
    You are right...the settings in the backup file has some problem with the new OS.
    I reinstalled the BBlink, and did a successful restore,got my phone numbers back,BUT now I found something is wrong with my BBM...
    Now I am forced to wipe my phone,and before doing this,I have to backup my phone numbers to the cloud.
    11-15-13 08:22 AM
    I used Sachesi to back up. But it won't restore. Tried to do it via Sachesi and it just crashes. BlackBerry Link doesn't even see the backup.

Any suggestions?
    11-15-13 02:03 PM
    I used Sachesi to back up. But it won't restore. Tried to do it via Sachesi and it just crashes. BlackBerry Link doesn't even see the backup.

Any suggestions?
    Same here. Any help?

Edit: reinstall OS over current one, run through setup signing in to ID, restore.
    Last edited by nyallj; 11-19-13 at 11:08 PM.
    11-19-13 09:48 PM