I have a symbol in the top status bar right next to the alarm clock symbol. I have no clue what it means and can't find anything in the handbook because I have no idea what to search for. Any input appreciated.

What does this symbol mean?-img_00000004.png

Posted via CB10
    Mattgtp likes this.
    11-13-13 04:43 PM
    It's the symbol for NFC
    11-13-13 04:43 PM
    Ah, thank you! Have switched it off on my Z10, so I had no clue.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 04:48 PM
    Seeing as how you got your answer so fast dos anyone know what a solid triangle like a play symbol in the same spot means? I've gotten it twice in the last few months .

Posted via Z10
    11-13-13 05:02 PM
    Seeing as how you got your answer so fast dos anyone know what a solid triangle like a play symbol in the same spot means? I've gotten it twice in the last few months .

Posted via Z10
    I believe that means you are roaming...
    11-13-13 05:15 PM
    if it just a triangle and not a house looking thing then I it should appear when you are playing music.
    11-13-13 05:35 PM
    I have a symbol in the top status bar right next to the alarm clock symbol. I have no clue what it means and can't find anything in the handbook because I have no idea what to search for. Any input appreciated.
    For fks sake... this is why Frank's head should be delivered on a silver platter.

Such powerful technology (NFC) and OWNERS don't even know about it...

Oh well! Let's just wait for Apple to embrace NFC and then we'll all get to hear about how great it is.

Thanks BlackBerry Marketing!
    illlya likes this.
    11-13-13 05:46 PM
    It indicates NFC capabilities.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 07:40 PM
    Re: the question about the triangle that looks like a play symbol.....ive had it too and I believe it indicates the voice control or voice command is on. it seems to appear if I bump the centre button on the volume rocker. I haven't figured out how to shut it off.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 09:08 PM
    The triangle comes on when media is playing (video or audio). It sometimes let's you know when something is playing and you didn't realize it was. Tonight that happened to me - volume set to minimum and apparently a Web video on a news site was running. I had no idea but noticed the triangle.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 09:14 PM
    For fks sake... this is why Frank's head should be delivered on a silver platter.

Such powerful technology (NFC) and OWNERS don't even know about it...

Oh well! Let's just wait for Apple to embrace NFC and then we'll all get to hear about how great it is.

Thanks BlackBerry Marketing!
    To be fair the average consumer knows nothing of NFC regardless of what type of phone they have, it's not a problem unique to BlackBerry owners.

It's more because there are no real killer apps for NFC yet. Sending something from one phone to another can be done other ways such as Bluetooth, email and maybe soon WiFi Direct (not researched that much yet).

Being able to pay for things with your phone could be a killer app if it ever gets beyond trials in most countries. It's taking too long to gain traction, another technology will come along soon and make it obsolete I feel.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 09:16 PM
    Like johnnyuk said, at the moment NFC is a useless feature for most people. The only people who seem to know it exists are the various phone manufacturers themselves. Until it gains some kind of traction, it's a mostly redundant feature. If it dies eventually take off, those phones with it will have future proofed themselves to a certain extent, but if it doesn't ever get off the ground NFC capability will just have been a waste of resources that could have been applied to something more useful.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 12:38 AM