I've made a Google email as well

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 04:10 AM
    You're going about this all wrong my friend
    11-13-13 04:16 AM
    Can you help?

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 04:17 AM
    You need to have an Android phone registered with Google play to start with and BlackBerry devices are not.
    11-13-13 04:23 AM
    So if I registered my email with Google play on a android then used my email on the website with my BlackBerry will it work?

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 04:26 AM
    You will not be able to get the app onto your BlackBerry at the moment through Google Play.
    You have to get it on an Android device, then rip it, then load it onto the BlackBerry.
    Or get it from non official apk stores.
    Basically, you can only load pirated Android apps, for some reason BlackBerry think that's a good idea.
    11-13-13 04:31 AM
    Not good at all! I got a friend who has a Samsung s3 mini how would I be to rip apps off the device?

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 04:38 AM
    Not good at all! I got a friend who has a Samsung s3 mini how would I be to rip apps off the device?

Posted via CB10
    By ripping that Samsung s3 mini off his hands and calling it your own.

BlackBerry uses BlackBerry world for its apps and has the potential to use a variety of android apps but in no way does this mean we can use Google play store.
    11-13-13 05:01 AM

Posted via CB10
    If you're taking it off a friends device that's pretty much pirating and not sure if it's against the rules to show you how to pirate apps illegally.
    If you did read crackberrys tutorial on sideloading though, and let's say you bought your own android device, you could back up your apks using astro file manager and then convert using apk2bar and then sideload using crackberrys tutorial.
    When you get your own android device of course, and it's still piracy even then

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 06:51 AM
    You will not be able to get the app onto your BlackBerry at the moment through Google Play.
    You have to get it on an Android device, then rip it, then load it onto the BlackBerry.
    Basically, you can only load pirated Android apps, for some reason BlackBerry think that's a good idea.
    The use of developer tools to pirate Android applications is not supported by BlackBerry, and they don't think it is a good idea.
    11-13-13 07:29 AM
    Let someone else do the pirating, Google Search 'Aptoide'.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 07:34 AM
    Or disregard all that and use this: APK Downloader [Latest] Download Directly | Chrome Extension v2 (Evozi Official)

Find an app on Play (for example, https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ix.mediaclient), then copy the id (com.netflix.mediaclient, in this case) into the APK downloader, get the link and install.
    bobauckland likes this.
    11-13-13 07:37 AM
    The use of developer tools to pirate Android applications is not supported by BlackBerry, and they don't think it is a good idea.
    Yet they're making it easier, not for devs, but to pirate android apps. Interesting, no?

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 07:39 AM
    Or disregard all that and use this: APK Downloader [Latest] Download Directly | Chrome Extension v2 (Evozi Official)

Find an app on Play (for example, https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ix.mediaclient), then copy the id (com.netflix.mediaclient, in this case) into the APK downloader, get the link and install.
    Wow thanks this looks way simpler. For developing of course...

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 07:40 AM
    First of all you need 10.2.1.1055. Second it will not work on Stl100-2,3,4. Third you need to download "1Mobile or Aptoid" . Fourth "Google Play" WILL NOT WORK!
    11-13-13 08:34 AM
    Download the Amazon app store and then you can start downloading apps from there

Developer of AutoCrop Scanner
    11-13-13 08:44 AM
    Another - and easier way - is to use Evozi's download page. Basically you must know either ther URL or package name and the page will download the file for you and create a new download link. This can app be done directly from the BB 10 device.

APK Downloader [Latest] Download Directly | Chrome Extension v2 (Evozi Official)

EDIT: Just noticed thurask's post about the same.
    11-13-13 10:13 AM
    *Cough*Amazon App Store*cough*iMobile*cough*

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 10:20 AM
    *Cough*Amazon App Store*cough*iMobile*cough*

Posted via CB10
    Fair enough that's probably a simpler way to get the apps, though still of very dubious legality. If you have problems I don't imagine the app store support will be too keen to help work through them.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 10:25 AM
    Yet they're making it easier, not for devs, but to pirate android apps. Interesting, no?

Posted via CB10
    Amazing! You managed to put negative spin to positive effort!

By allowing devs to directly install apks without having to convert them manually, BlackBerry is trying to remove another part in the "that's too much trouble" bridge currently filling the gap between "google play android app" and "BlackBerry World android app"

Side loading is a dev feature. Always has been, always will be. The fact that devs are also people doesn't mean that people should use dev features like it's for casual users AND blame BlackBerry for supporting devs.

"Piracy" is the act of ripping the digital content, not to install it.

BlackBerry has never made pirating easier, they simply make people with legit access to legit apks have an easier time to install them. Of course, negative people will try to highlight its possible negative uses, probably while sitting on a chair that can be used to whack people and cause serious injuries.

Z10 STL100-1/10.1.0.4633
    11-13-13 11:33 AM
    It won't let me how do I do it?

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried this workaround posted on N4BB with the latest 10.2.1 leak OS (only for Z10 STL100-1 and Q5 and Q10 though)?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by nhanken; 11-13-13 at 12:40 PM.
    11-13-13 12:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    Well, considering the number of people who report problems while trying to sideload applications, vs the number of developers who report problems developing for the platform, I would say no. The tools that sideloaders are using, that make it so easy, don't come from BlackBerry.
    11-13-13 12:23 PM