I use a Q on official 10.0.2.424 and my Twitter notifications, are tremendously bad.
    Any of you experiencing the same?
    I don't get real time notifications.
    Yes yes I know there is Also the Blaq app.
    I did download Blaq, but it sucks even more!

Other than that, I have no issue with my phone!Battery works swell, no lagging, no nothing! It's a perfect phone!

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 03:02 PM
    Hold on for 10.2.1. Lots of fixes on that area.
    dimitrisgreece likes this.
    11-12-13 03:03 PM
    I wish! I'm a social-type of guy, and my 10 suffers from lack of notifications, in a pretty high level, on Twitter and Facebook!
    LinkedIn works fine, strangely!

Posted via CB10
    hlg8888 likes this.
    11-12-13 03:08 PM
    I complained about this when I got my Q.

My 4 year old Torch had a far better Twitter experience, especially in regards to notifications.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 03:16 PM
    Obviously, my 9780 and my 9900's twitter clients were awesome!
    I actually miss my 9900.(anyways)

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 03:27 PM
    Worked perfectly on BB7. Tweeted regularly w/o any problem. Not sure what's going on w BB10. No idea why it would be worse than what they already had achieved w Twitter. Social media is supposed to be the primary good thing about this device.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 10:26 PM
    BLAQ is all you need
    11-12-13 11:29 PM
    BLAQ is all you need
    I love Blaq, but it doesn't give you hub notifications does it? If so, I haven't seen where you enable that.

To the OP: Twitter supports push notifications, which means the speed on the Q10 ought to be the same as other devices. However, Twitter will not set up a new push notification recipient if you already have "too many" (whatever that means) applications authorized. You should go to the applications settings on the Twitter web site and revoke permissions for all of you old devices, plus the Q10, then re-set up the twitter account on your Q. That will ensure that notifications are being pushed to the Q10 for you instead of some other device you are no longer using. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 12:00 AM
    I love Blaq, but it doesn't give you hub notifications does it? If so, I haven't seen where you enable that.

To the OP: Twitter supports push notifications, which means the speed on the Q10 ought to be the same as other devices. However, Twitter will not set up a new push notification recipient if you already have "too many" (whatever that means) applications authorized. You should go to the applications settings on the Twitter web site and revoke permissions for all of you old devices, plus the Q10, then re-set up the twitter account on your Q. That will ensure that notifications are being pushed to the Q10 for you instead of some other device you are no longer using. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    I actually manage what applications have authorized. But I will try un-authorize the twitter for the Q and re authorize it.

No Blaq is not a good idea of a client. It's not clean, and I love minimalism.(also notifications are still lame, and there is no hub integration)

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 01:51 AM
    I completely agree. Twitter is S****! I tweet off 4 different accounts daily (it's my job), and it is the worse experience ever!

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 03:16 AM
    Sorry guys but it's running fine on my q10. I get notifications in my hub just a few seconds before the twitter app so every mention or message comes just in time. I'm running Q10SQN100-3/10.2.0.1803

greetings from ze shermany.
    11-13-13 03:30 AM
    I completely agree. Twitter is S****! I tweet off 4 different accounts daily (it's my job), and it is the worse experience ever!

Posted via CB10
    Native client is no solution for mutiple accounts, but there are quite a few 3rd party clients that do fine with that.

I have 2 accounts, and I have one set up on the native client with the other set as my default on Blaq. I agree that Blaq really ought to add hub integration, but otherwise I find it is a very good client for the Q.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 08:14 AM
    But,blaq updates in real time.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 10:23 AM
    Sorry guys but it's running fine on my q10. I get notifications in my hub just a few seconds before the twitter app so every mention or message comes just in time. I'm running Q10SQN100-3/10.2.0.1803

greetings from ze shermany.
    I'm so jealous! I have the same model! Grrr
    I did revoke the access and re-authorised my account and it works better now though!

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 11:39 AM
    Don't like blaq at all and agree, the twitter client is horrible. I usually get notifications pretty much on time, but it is spotty. Twitter is just not a good experience on the Q10 in my opinion, and I love twitter.
    11-13-13 11:43 AM
    I offer a different opinion. I use two Twitter accounts for my job, and I have had zero problems with the Twitter client.
    My notifications are on time, and the tweets are sent without fault. I like how simple the app is. Better and improved
    things will come, and I am sure we can all enjoy the experience with Twitter on BlackBerry 10.
    11-13-13 01:45 PM
    You might want to actually read the post before you comment on them. The OP is not having issues with Tweeting.
    Worked perfectly on BB7. Tweeted regularly w/o any problem. Not sure what's going on w BB10. No idea why it would be worse than what they already had achieved w Twitter. Social media is supposed to be the primary good thing about this device.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 02:51 PM
    Is there a setting in the twitter app to get notifications?
    I offer a different opinion. I use two Twitter accounts for my job, and I have had zero problems with the Twitter client.
    My notifications are on time, and the tweets are sent without fault. I like how simple the app is. Better and improved
    things will come, and I am sure we can all enjoy the experience with Twitter on BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 02:55 PM
    It's not just weather you even get notifications, the app is laggy, doesn't always display all pictures and isn't pleasing to the eye.

The iOS version is ten times better. We can't keep settling for second best. We have the best OS but if hugh social media apps don't work properly, it isn't going to take off...

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 03:19 PM
    I'm so jealous! I have the same model! Grrr
    I did revoke the access and re-authorised my account and it works better now though!

Posted via CB10
    I revoked and re authorised, but no diff.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.0.1791

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 03:21 PM
    Curious what it is you like about iOS's Twitter app? I have a Q and an iPhone 5 and recently starting using the Q for Twitter. I like it better than the iPhone, except I don't get notifications on the Q. The app itself works great.
    It's not just weather you even get notifications, the app is laggy, doesn't always display all pictures and isn't pleasing to the eye.

The iOS version is ten times better. We can't keep settling for second best. We have the best OS but if hugh social media apps don't work properly, it isn't going to take off...

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 03:47 PM
    I actually manage what applications have authorized. But I will try un-authorize the twitter for the Q and re authorize it.

No Blaq is not a good idea of a client. It's not clean, and I love minimalism.(also notifications are still lame, and there is no hub integration)

Posted via CB10
    Developer of Blaq, here. Yes, I agree. Notifications are lame. Hub notification is on the way.

What makes it not clean?
    11-13-13 05:25 PM
    I am going to download Blaq now to give a fair critique - just because I use twitter most of the day and feel I could be of help mate!

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 03:08 AM
    Developer of Blaq, here. Yes, I agree. Notifications are lame. Hub notification is on the way.

What makes it not clean?
    Hi,
    I feel it's complicated! It's you know not minimal.
    I love minimal, that's why I dissed the iphone in the first place. (the green lines when I tap at a tweet)

Also I need a light theme. I hate dark theme for my eyes. If I had a light theme, I would surely use it. Since I've paid for it and I gave it a chance!
    I don't like how I have to access my profile.
    Also I can't see my interactions!

Although,
    I love how it's the only one that says the client I'm tweeting from!
    I love it's fastness! Omg it's so fast!
    Love the real time refresh.

Can't think of anything else!But thanks for ur concern!

Posted via CB10
    edberry12 likes this.
    11-14-13 03:17 AM
    It's really good to see developers actually bothering. Up BlackBerry 10!

Posted via CB10
    dimitrisgreece likes this.
    11-14-13 04:38 AM