They just tweeted me to confirm. Brilliant news considering BlackBerry World is awful for music and it means I know longer have to use iTunes

Posted via CB10
    R Field likes this.
    11-12-13 08:49 AM
    care to elaborate?
    11-12-13 08:53 AM
    HMV is still alive? Wow that place is resilient.
    And I'm not going to officially say I don't, but who pays for music anyways?
    11-12-13 08:53 AM
    A failed music app that apple removed from the app store for violating app store guidelines.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 09:02 AM
    HMV is still alive? Wow that place is resilient.
    And I'm not going to officially say I don't, but who pays for music anyways?
    It's illegal to download music for free.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 09:20 AM
    It's illegal to download music for free.

Posted via CB10
    It's illegal to do a lot of things. Like I'm pretty sure it's illegal to take the music files from a friend who ripped it from a CD, but everyone still does it.
    File sharing is the way the industry is heading. The whole university ecosystem on campus is based around it. So whether or not it's illegal, it's still going to happen.
    BKillar likes this.
    11-12-13 09:29 AM
    HMV aren't doing anything illegal, apple just don't like them cause HMV are their competitors. No need to bash HMV.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 10:36 AM
    Just because everyone does it does not make it right!

HMV were bought out by a company who have experience in turning around struggling businesses. I believe HMV is now Canadian now.

They are a traditional record label company on the UK high street which was on the brink of banishing completely.

To attack HMV's turnaround is nothing short of hypocritical since you all support BlackBerry.

HMV was slow to respond to the digital market when companies like Apple and Amazon dominated. Before they had no market share on the digital scene, now they have a start.

At the end of the day you're free to do what you like. Canada is as much as a free country as the UK.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 12:12 PM
    Just because everyone does it does not make it right!

HMV were bought out by a company who have experience in turning around struggling businesses. I believe HMV is now Canadian now.

They are a traditional record label company on the UK high street which was on the brink of banishing completely.

To attack HMV's turnaround is nothing short of hypocritical since you all support BlackBerry.

HMV was slow to respond to the digital market when companies like Apple and Amazon dominated. Before they had no market share on the digital scene, now they have a start.

At the end of the day you're free to do what you like. Canada is as much as a free country as the UK.

Posted via CB10
    All I'm saying is HMV failed to turn from physical CDs to digital music, and with the online services already available, "illegal" downloading included, HMV is doomed to fail again.
    The difference between HMV and BlackBerry is that Blackberry hasn't lost it's legacy device users. HMV lost people who buy CDs because just like every movie rental company, the mass majority of movies/music can be found online.
    11-12-13 01:04 PM
    It's illegal to do a lot of things. Like I'm pretty sure it's illegal to take the music files from a friend who ripped it from a CD, but everyone still does it.
    File sharing is the way the industry is heading. The whole university ecosystem on campus is based around it. So whether or not it's illegal, it's still going to happen.
    Actually, this was true when I was in university and everyone was using Napster... I honestly think it has turned around quite a bit since then; at least I know more people who pay for music now that digital downloads are cheap and convenient.
    11-12-13 01:17 PM
    Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 03:40 PM
    Illegal or not, if you include digital music sales as well as physical, music sales are up from the time before downloads.
    11-12-13 03:41 PM
    Fire sharing has been dying the last few years. Pirate Bay is gone. Megaupload is no before. Before all this everybody used Limewire which is when file sharing was at its peak imo.

Majority of people now buy music through iTunes on their iDevice because it is so quick and easy.

I prefer to buy music I like because I am supporting the artist. I buy for a reason. Filesharing doesn't help anybody. It's just selfish.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 03:46 PM
    Fire sharing has been dying the last few years. Pirate Bay is gone. Megaupload is no before. Before all this everybody used Limewire which is when file sharing was at its peak imo.

Majority of people now buy music through iTunes on their iDevice because it is so quick and easy.

I prefer to buy music I like because I am supporting the artist. I buy for a reason. Filesharing doesn't help anybody. It's just selfish.

Posted via CB10
    Wait what? Pirate bay still exists.

CB10 - Z10 -10.2.0.1791
    dusdal likes this.
    11-12-13 03:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    Pirate Bay gone? I suggest you catch up on your torrent reading mate!

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 03:51 PM
    If you download illegally, how on earth do you contribute your choice of music in the official charts?l

In the UK they take all sales online and retail, and now YouTube. But these are only the legal recognised ones like Vevo because advertisements in the day pay for the listening.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 03:52 PM
    Pirate Bay gone? I suggest you catch up on your torrent reading mate!

Posted via CB10
    I'm not interested in illegal activity. I haven't done it since 2006 when I was at school. I have a job which pays for what I like.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 03:54 PM
    I'm not interested in illegal activity. I haven't done it since 2006 when I was at school. I have a job which pays for what I like.

Posted via CB10
    I hope you never speed or take any recreational drugs because both are illegal.
    I also hope you haven't converted any apk files yourself because that is also piracy just like downloading music.

I especially hope you have not provided any descriptions of a major league sporting event without express written permission.
    11-12-13 04:03 PM
    Lol torrenting is at the highest it's been since it started in the early 2000s. Maybe public trackers like isohunt have been shut down, but the Pirate Bay is still going strong.
    And who cares about the charts? All they show is what the majority of people buy and not what I want as an individual. Basically all I'm saying is that HMV coming soon is completely irrelevant.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 04:08 PM
    Lol torrenting is at the highest it's been since it started in the early 2000s. Maybe public trackers like isohunt have been shut down, but the Pirate Bay is still going strong.
    And who cares about the charts? All they show is what the majority of people buy and not what I want as an individual. Basically all I'm saying is that HMV coming soon is completely irrelevant.

Posted via CB10
    Irrelevant for some, a big deal to others
    I personally don't care.
    11-12-13 04:34 PM
    And who cares about the charts? All they show is what the majority of people buy and not what I want as an individual. Basically all I'm saying is that HMV coming soon is completely irrelevant to me.

Posted via CB10
    FIFY

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 04:35 PM
    I hope you never speed or take any recreational drugs because both are illegal.
    I also hope you haven't converted any apk files yourself because that is also piracy just like downloading music.

I especially hope you have not provided any descriptions of a major league sporting event without express written permission.
    Murder, treason and kidnapping are also illegal. Are you really going to try and treat all things within the "illegal" category as equivalent? That's like the common response when someone opposes hunting in principle with a response like "oh, but you wear leather shoes". It's specious reasoning, and it in fact lends nothing to the discussion.
    BravoZuluDelta likes this.
    11-12-13 05:58 PM
    Back on topic it's good to see more major retailers decide to make their apps available on BlackBerry 10. Even though I think HMV will likely eventually go the way of Blockbuster.

CB10 - Z10 -10.2.0.1791
    11-12-13 06:14 PM
    Murder, treason and kidnapping are also illegal. Are you really going to try and treat all things within the "illegal" category as equivalent? That's like the common response when someone opposes hunting in principle with a response like "oh, but you wear leather shoes". It's specious reasoning, and it in fact lends nothing to the discussion.
    Don't try to diminish the evil that is unauthorized MLB game recaps! When you do, the terrorists win
    11-12-13 09:41 PM
    Don't try to diminish the evil that is unauthorized MLB game recaps! When you do, the terrorists win
    I just realized how morbid your name is...
    eldricho likes this.
    11-14-13 08:55 AM
40 12