I am about to give up on blackberry completely... ever since the first time i updated my phone it has not worked. Someone off of Crackberry helped me install the new 10.2 OS properly and my phone was working perfectly fine this was last Tuesday. Just yesterday, my phone was just sitting on my bed and the LED lights started flashing blue, red , green etc. This is the problem i had before. It will basically say my SIM card was not detected, even though it was in my phone the entire time. From that point on i can no longer send out text messages, receive them or even receive phone calls or use my BBM. And now im not even able to switch over to my older blackberry for reasons that arnt important to this post. So basically i dont have a phone for over a month until i go back home.. which is extremely inconvenient.. i have never been so angry with my blackberry!! If anyone can PLEASE help that would be amazing because i dont know what to do anymore..
    11-11-13 12:22 PM
    Sounds like a faulty device. Exchange for a new one.
    I understand that you may be away, and unable to do that at this point, but do not blame blackberry. This stuff happens with electronics.
    I know more people with broken/glitched iphones than blackberrys.
    I have has a Zed since launch day and have never had a single issue with it. I am not a casual user either, im always loading leaks, sideloads, etc. I convert my own apk's. If there was a widespread problem, i would likely experience it.
    11-11-13 12:35 PM
    sadly stupid me.. i bought my phone from a guy off of kijiji because i didnt have 600 dollars at the time to buy the phone from my service provider, later on i phone out that my phone is a store demo phone as it says in little tiny letters at the top of my phone " not for sale -072 004402241842792 " But i mean, ive had the phone since beginning of July and i never had a problem until i downloaded the new OS onto my phone and since than my phone no longer works
    11-11-13 12:40 PM
    Could be anything.
    Buyer beware.
    I will never buy tech off of kajiji
    11-11-13 01:27 PM
    yeah i realize that... i shouldve just saved the money... im never making this mistake again thats for sure
    11-11-13 01:37 PM
    If this happened when you updated your OS try going back to your old OS so that you can use your phone. You cannot be mad at blackberry about this. This isn't their fault at all. I am curious. What model number is it? STL100-?
    11-11-13 01:45 PM
    yes i am STL-100 and im more mad to the point that i have a store model phone so it wont work properly in general.. and even when i go to an older os i still have the same problem
    11-11-13 01:54 PM
    Faulty sim?

Posted via CB10
    shannnicolee likes this.
    11-11-13 03:00 PM
    Live and learn. That's how we all do it.
    11-11-13 03:16 PM
    okay well aparently now my phone can send and reveive phone calls can use bbm can SEND texts but cant receive them is the only thing that is wrong with it
    11-11-13 03:37 PM
    Glad it is working, but like others have said, your anger is misplaced and premature.

Your anger needs to be at yourself for not checking out more closely exactly what you were discount purchasing. BlackBerry is not to blame. You bought a store demo phone. It should okay, but it certainly does limit you should your phone go bad.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    11-11-13 03:48 PM
    Cleary the phone you have is a prototype. The engravings are done to trace back the device in case something like this happens and to make sure no one buys it NOT FOR SALE.
    This was most likely a test phone, and it does not have the final version of hardware, hence it is not guaranteed it will work properly. Who knows what's inside really and how early in the development cycle it was built.
    Who ever sold it to you, should have never sold it, not sure how they got access to it.

You can see in some leaked videos these engravings are covered to protect the leaker from getting in big sh*t.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 03:52 PM
    Or this whole mess could be due to a faulty sim card, I suggest you switch out a sim and see if you experience any of these problems and report back

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 03:57 PM
    Glad it is working, but like others have said, your anger is misplaced and premature.

Your anger needs to be at yourself for not checking out more closely exactly what you were discount purchasing. BlackBerry is not to blame. You bought a store demo phone. It should okay, but it certainly does limit you should your phone go bad.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    Ahh leave her alone. She has learned this already. No need to make her feel bad.
    11-11-13 04:00 PM
    Im not blaming blackberry, i am angry for what is happening because my phone hasn't worked properly in 2 weeks which is only because i downloaded the 10.2 OS. Which would makes lots of sense why my phone is getting all messed up. and so is there nothing i can do about my prototype phone? because i tried looking up information about it but i cant find it anywhere? anymore information would be really useful
    11-11-13 04:26 PM
    maybe rollback to 10.1 is a good option
    11-11-13 04:33 PM
    ive done that before and it still didnt work unfortunately
    11-11-13 05:27 PM
    Have you tried changing the SIM card? Faulty SIM cards can cause issues.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 05:33 PM
    Or this whole mess could be due to a faulty sim card, I suggest you switch out a sim and see if you experience any of these problems and report back

Posted via CB10
    Yeah i talked to my service provider tech support and they told me to put my simcard into another phone and try to fix that
    11-11-13 05:34 PM
    I am about to give up on blackberry completely... ever since the first time i updated my phone it has not worked. Someone off of Crackberry helped me install the new 10.2 OS properly and my phone was working perfectly fine this was last Tuesday. Just yesterday, my phone was just sitting on my bed and the LED lights started flashing blue, red , green etc. This is the problem i had before. It will basically say my SIM card was not detected, even though it was in my phone the entire time. From that point on i can no longer send out text messages, receive them or even receive phone calls or use my BBM. And now im not even able to switch over to my older blackberry for reasons that arnt important to this post. So basically i dont have a phone for over a month until i go back home.. which is extremely inconvenient.. i have never been so angry with my blackberry!! If anyone can PLEASE help that would be amazing because i dont know what to do anymore..
    If you downloaded 10.2.1, your phone may have intentionally been bricked. I've heard that there's a white list of PIN's that can run 10.2.1 right now. I had one bricked last week, so I went back to 10.2.0.

If you're able to get it take a new OS, try 10.2.0 or even 10.1. to get it going. You should be able to get it installed using the autoloader.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 06:28 PM
    im at STL-100 10.2.0.1791 ? is that one of the ones that is bricked? i downloaded this one on tuesday and my phone worked perfectly up until saturday night and than it died?
    11-11-13 09:28 PM
    im at STL-100 10.2.0.1791 ? is that one of the ones that is bricked? i downloaded this one on tuesday and my phone worked perfectly up until saturday night and than it died?
    No, that should work. Try to reload it. But it does sound like you may have a bad piece of hardware.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 10:42 PM
    unfortunately i agree my phone is probably never going to be able to work properly again
    11-11-13 11:07 PM
    Please try getting a new sim and try it in this phone.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 01:41 AM
    unfortunately i agree my phone is probably never going to be able to work properly again
    Could you post your os version please and model, you can do this by typing myver and hitting space. I'm relatively confident this can be resolved.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1803 O2 UK
    11-12-13 04:43 AM
26 12