Hey All,

So if you've been following the forums the last few days, I'm sure you have noticed they are tons of threads and posts about the rumor that Google Play / Services may be coming to BlackBerry 10 in a way that's done w/ approval from Google.

Just wanted to let you know that I have reached out to BBRY looking for any sort of official brief, confirmation, statement, etc. that they can provide to us at this time.

This would be a pretty massive big deal for BlackBerry and BlackBerry users if it pans out, so am hoping we can get some official clarification one way or another to the extent they can provide. Due to the nature and implications of this sort of news, want to hold off posting it on the blogs until we truly know the full extent, despite all the "unofficial" talk on it.

If it's true that BBRY is really doing a deal (or has done one) with Google that permits BlackBerry to put the Google Play store and Google Services onto BlackBerry 10, that's a big deal for BlackBerry. And if it's not true, or is going to pan out in a way that's limited, feels like it would make more sense to correct the nature of the rumor before it gets out of control beyond the core community reading this now.

Will keep you posted as I know more at the "official" level.

** UPDATE: Click here for official update. **
    Last edited by CrackBerry Kevin; 11-12-13 at 05:50 AM. Reason: Added link to update.
    11-11-13 09:24 AM
    Kevin I want to see chris umis thoughts on the implications for BlackBerry World, pros and cons etc.! Love u guys, keep up the awesome work!

Posted via CB10
    mrfreeze, PJD642, LewLew23 and 2 others like this.
    11-11-13 09:26 AM
    Thanks a lot Kevin and keep up the amazing work!

?Posted from BB10 running on 1GB of RAM only!?
    magtheridon2000 likes this.
    11-11-13 09:32 AM
    Sounds good, subscribed and following. I think this is the first time since I've joined CB that I've seen you handle a rumor in this manner, but I like it!

Posted via CB10
    zorgond likes this.
    11-11-13 09:34 AM
    if this were to happen, id be a dream. PLEASE let it happen.
    11-11-13 09:35 AM
    thanks kevin, keep it up.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 09:36 AM
    Now that would be truly something.
    11-11-13 09:38 AM
    yeah what do you think kevin if its true?

BlackBerry addict
    11-11-13 09:39 AM
    Hey All,

So if you've been following the forums the last few days, I'm sure you have noticed they are tons of threads and posts about the rumor that Google Play / Services may be coming to BlackBerry 10 in a way that's done w/ approval from Google.

Just wanted to let you know that I have reached out to BBRY looking for any sort of official brief, confirmation, statement, etc. that they can provide to us at this time.

This would be a pretty massive big deal for BlackBerry and BlackBerry users if it pans out, so am hoping we can get some official clarification one way or another to the extent they can provide. Due to the nature and implications of this sort of news, want to hold off posting it on the blogs until we truly know the full extent, despite all the "unofficial" talk on it.

If it's true that BBRY is really doing a deal (or has done one) with Google that permits BlackBerry to put the Google Play store and Google Services onto BlackBerry 10, that's a big deal for BlackBerry. And if it's not true, or is going to pan out in a way that's limited, feels like it would make more sense to correct the nature of the rumor before it gets out of control beyond the core community reading this now.

Great to hear...

The title is misleading by the way.

BlackBerry Z...my weapon of choice.
    11-11-13 09:42 AM
    This would be good news,no doubt!! Could do wonders for the app gap. Captain Obvious has spoken.
    11-11-13 09:46 AM
    Great to hear...

The title is misleading by the way.

BlackBerry Z...my weapon of choice.
    I was going to say that as well.
    11-11-13 09:50 AM
    Need to put HOLDING FOR in the title....

But I agree that this is a rumor that needs to be nailed down!
    kbz1960 and JeepBB like this.
    11-11-13 09:51 AM
    Good call Kevin... can't wait to find out what the truth is...

Member of Squircle of Trust!
    11-11-13 09:51 AM
    Here's hoping this becomes a reality.
    11-11-13 09:52 AM
    I'm sorry to say that even if Kevin himself gets confirmation there are those who would still not believe. Me, Personally I have no
    horse in this race but I'm just saying what others are thinking.
    11-11-13 09:52 AM
    Kevin, this won't happen as BlackBerry are not members of the OHA, Jerry from Android Central has already debunked this as nothing more than a rumour.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post9503142

Hey All,

Last edited by CJH_; 11-11-13 at 10:34 AM.
    Anilu7, kevinnugent and techvisor like this.
    11-11-13 09:53 AM
    Hey All,

It should happen.
    11-11-13 09:56 AM
    Hope you bring great news, Kevin. This would sort of close the app gap and attract customers who want a secure device with the existing Android app portfolio. BlackBerry 10, best platform available!

Posted via CB10
    TonyHove likes this.
    11-11-13 09:58 AM
    Kevin, this won't happen as BlackBerry are not members of the OHA, Jerry from Android Central has already debunked this as nothing more than a rumour.
    What's stopping BlackBerry from joining the alliance going forward?
    kbz1960 and ibpluto like this.
    11-11-13 09:58 AM
    Just wait and see. You have no idea what they've cooked up behind the scenes.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 10:00 AM
    And BBM will NEVER NEVER go cross platform.
    11-11-13 10:03 AM
    Thanks for the update Kevin. Will be watching the space for further news.
    11-11-13 10:06 AM
    Hope you bring great news, Kevin. This would sort of close the app gap and attract customers who want a secure device with the existing Android app portfolio. BlackBerry 10, best platform available!

Posted via CB10
    Definitely would be best of both worlds! Wonder how this will pan out..

Posted via CB10
    SteelHelmet likes this.
    11-11-13 10:10 AM
    Title should read " Seeking official confirmation..."
    bbmtna and q649 like this.
    11-11-13 10:12 AM
    BlackBerry could join some group....

Debunking something is not the same as going to the horse and getting the words directly from him. Most of us are VERY skeptical that this would happen. Of course most of us didn't see BB10 being such a huge flop either.
    11-11-13 10:14 AM
561 123 ...