Android shur has come a long way. There's a few little things I miss. But in the most part, anything I could do on blackberry 10 I can do the same or better on android with the aid of an app. Plus so much more.
    Whether it be the better experience on the typical social media apps.
    To turning my phone into a full blown infotainment center experience for my truck, complete with bluetooth ODB readings.
    Instant synced web browsing, and documents with chrome and any cloud service.
    Got my endomondo back working with my bluetooth heart rate monitor, FINALLY!

I don't want to go too deep on how blackberry should/could use android because I'm no expert. But there's absolutely no reason anybody can say android sucks. Blackberry could easily make a security oriented android experience. If you look how Motorola is taking the approach. Feels like basic android but the experience is very different. I wanted the Moto X but Telus didn't carry it so I went with the nexus 5. In hindsight it was definitely a mistake in my mind not going android 2 years ago, and opening up to cross platform type stuff at the same time. Blackberry is in such a mess now with BB10, I don't see it ever catching on with consumers. Not with android and IOS overhead. BB10 just cant catch up. Enterprise is another story, and BB10 can be fine with that. But sounds like its current form isn't working very good on that front either.

Never ending tough road it seems. I'm not a buy a phone once every 3 years kind of guy, I can be back on blackberry next month if they come out with a product I like. Ill be watching
    11-11-13 12:32 AM
    Glad you like it

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 12:35 AM
    Omg your saying that android is better than blackberry? But the NSA will get all of your information, and the moment you turn on your Android it will become infested with malware causing instant death to the user. BlackBerry fur lyfee!!!!!!!

Sarcasm off

I agree with you. Android has come a long way and unless bb10 can be sorted, will it likely be my next phone

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 12:36 AM
    Happy for you. Enjoy it.
    11-11-13 12:36 AM
    Happy you finally got all your stuff working again. Enjoy your phone, Nexus 5 is a very good handset. BlackBerry won't go the full Android route though; they will inherently remain on OS 10 but make use of more android products/services/apps if I listen to the rumors posted in the forums.
    11-11-13 01:06 AM
    Happy you finally got all your stuff working again. Enjoy your phone, Nexus 5 is a very good handset. BlackBerry won't go the full Android route though; they will inherently remain on OS 10 but make use of more android products/services/apps if I listen to the rumors posted in the forums.
    Yah that sounds like a good option if they can make the experience better. The android runtime on my Z10 is like night and day with this nexus 5. Whether it be the dual core not being able to handle it or limitations in the coding I dunno. I'm shur theres a hardware fix for this if you go leading edge. Look at the Moto X, 8 cores split up for different tasks. When in doubt add more cores!! lol
    11-11-13 01:12 AM
    I am thinking about going to the galaxy note 3.
    11-11-13 01:15 AM
    This thread will get interesting real soon lol...I see your point though

I personally do like what BB10 has to offer and I'm gonna stick with them a little while longer but I can definitely see why many people choose Android as their OS

Posted via CB10
    wafiwanders likes this.
    11-11-13 01:17 AM
    I'll be doing a little Z10 to Nexus 5 experiment whenever it arrives. The Nexus 7 was good enough to replace the PlayBook completely in my stable, it remains to be seen if the Nexus 5 can dethrone the Z10 as my primary phone. I like the UI of BlackBerry 10 but I guess we'll see if I like it enough to compromise on the things that Android may be better at.
    11-11-13 01:23 AM
    I think android is a good os but I don't think BlackBerry have the expertise to do well with android.
    Just my opinion

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 01:26 AM
    Android shur has come a long way. There's a few little things I miss. But in the most part, anything I could do on blackberry 10 I can do the same or better on android with the aid of an app. Plus so much more.
    To turning my phone into a full blown infotainment center experience for my truck, complete with bluetooth ODB readings.

I don't want to go too deep on how blackberry should/could use android because I'm no expert. But there's absolutely no reason anybody can say android sucks. Blackberry could easily make a security oriented android experience. If you look how Motorola is taking the approach. Feels like basic android but the experience is very different. I wanted the Moto X but Telus didn't carry it so I went with the nexus 5. In hindsight it was definitely a mistake in my mind not going android 2 years ago, and opening up to cross platform type stuff at the same time. Blackberry is in such a mess now with BB10, I don't see it ever catching on with consumers. Not with android and IOS overhead. BB10 just cant catch up. Enterprise is another story, and BB10 can be fine with that. But sounds like its current form isn't working very good on that front either.

Never ending tough road it seems. I'm not a buy a phone once every 3 years kind of guy, I can be back on blackberry next month if they come out with a product I like. Ill be watching
    First. Congratulations on your Android smartphone. Nothing wrong with using a platform that works for you. Next, a lot of members are assuming...a little too much(too soon). IMO, there are numerous steps and issues to be acknowledged and/or resolved before BlackBerry will be competitive. Right now, it's just keeping the doors open while regrouping.

Posted on my sexxy Q10 (*_~)
    11-11-13 01:29 AM
    I dont see the point of making a thread about this. Theres tons of threads out there about this topic already. Btw, i didnt read your post. Busy playing COD: Ghost
    11-11-13 01:36 AM
    NSA is loving it...hehe. Long live BB and the Z30!

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30.
    11-11-13 01:44 AM
    I use two phones BB10 and Android. Both are for different needs. Android phone solves the app problem, Z10 for email, calenders and BB travel.
    needforbbx likes this.
    11-11-13 01:51 AM

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30.
    Are you on a BES? If not, the NSA is loving it too

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 02:01 AM
    This is very quickly becoming the mantra of those with a stunning lack of knowledge and no meaningful point to make.

@OP - Sounds like you got a winner of a device. "Winner" being defined as one that you really like and that works well for what you need. Congrats and enjoy!
    11-11-13 05:47 AM
    Lol I always get a feeling that any hot device comes out, and all of the sudden Blackberry should move to that platform as soon as possible. It's one interesting thing to see...
    11-11-13 05:52 AM
    11-11-13 05:55 AM
    I'm glad that you are happy with your new Nexus 5 phone. Android OS has definitely improved significantly over the last couple of years.

Regarding your opinion on BB switching to Android, I disagree. There are so many players in the Android market right now that just switching to Android will not guarantee success.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    11-11-13 06:34 AM
    Congratulations for your acquisition and all the things it provides you with.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 06:40 AM
    This thread will get interesting real soon lol...I see your point though

I personally do like what BB10 has to offer and I'm gonna stick with them a little while longer but I can definitely see why many people choose Android as their OS

Posted via CB10
    Since sprint may not carry the Z30 and I am closing in on my 14 day Window and blackberry has no way of unlocking my blackberry email account as I can't pay for apps,i have no choice.i will be back. I just need a bigger screen and I would have gotten the Z10 had sprint carried it.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 06:49 AM
    Since neither Android or iOS can come lose to BlackBerry security, I will never purchase one of them. Should I need to get another phone, it will be a simple flip phone. I do not care about apps. I can live with out surfing or doing online activities .

Posted via CB10
    Mr.mister likes this.
    11-11-13 06:51 AM
    I dont see the point of making a thread about this. Theres tons of threads out there about this topic already. Btw, i didnt read your post. Busy playing COD: Ghost
    You playing a 4hr game?

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 06:57 AM

I agree Android doesn't suck..N5 is a pretty good device..For me my next phone is Z30

Posted via CB10
    DJM626 likes this.
    11-11-13 07:13 AM
    Doesn't matter which platform you use, the government can still track you. So that's out of the question.
    bbq10l and sumtingwong like this.
    11-11-13 07:21 AM
187 123 ...