Lucas at N4bb.com is reporting that he has reached out to sources that state BlackBerry and Google are currently in negotiations to allow Google Play on BB10 devices.

This is quite a development

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 12:40 PM
    Probably not

Channel: C00120F05 Gaming!
    11-10-13 12:47 PM
    I personally would like to see the play store on BB10 devices. Gives the consumer access to the consumer aspect and allows for consumers and professionals access to Google services.

This is a great development IMHO. Those who are opposed simply don't have to install Google Play on their devices.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 12:49 PM
    Probably not

Lucas is usually spot on with his Sources. He breaks more news then CB and has been doing it for years. He has been wrong before. However so has CB

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 12:50 PM
    Lucas is usually spot on with his Sources. He breaks more news then CB and has been doing it for years. He has been wrong before. However so has CB

Posted via CB10
    True, I check his site for news than cb. Cb for forums. Lucas is hard core BlackBerry fan than cb admins. It is shown in podcasts, his tasks. Cb admins now more into other things than BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 12:53 PM
    As long as we could get the same apps the androids can get that would be fantastic.
    11-10-13 12:55 PM
    How would this be a bad idea? Serious question- sounds good to me. And don't say security issues. I'm not on BES, so my BlackBerry is no more secure than any other phone.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 12:56 PM
    I personally would like to see the play store on BB10 devices. Gives the consumer access to the consumer aspect and allows for consumers and professionals access to Google services.

This is a great development IMHO. Those who are opposed simply don't have to install Google Play on their devices.

Posted via CB10
    yeah,it's a great development if you want google to have your information and turn it over to the NSA.
    Jake2826 likes this.
    11-10-13 01:09 PM
    I wonder if it would still ask for application permission if you download apps from play store it does in bb world. The whole NSA spying thingy. Lol

Posted via CB10
    h20work and Blacklatino like this.
    11-10-13 01:19 PM
    How would this be a bad idea? Serious question- sounds good to me. And don't say security issues. I'm not on BES, so my BlackBerry is no more secure than any other phone.

Posted via CB10
    sure it is, i don't know if anyone realises but out internet connection on BB10 still goes through BlackBerry's BIS service, i know this for a fact if you watch the little BIS icon go away from limited wifi you lose all internet connectivity. the real big changes are no data compression or push e mail but as far as security goes BIS still does the same as legacy phone
    11-10-13 01:28 PM
    yeah,it's a great development if you want google to have your information and turn it over to the NSA.
    Then don't use it!

Posted via CB10
    djdosage likes this.
    11-10-13 01:31 PM
    Just wear a the tinfoil hat when using it.
    11-10-13 01:31 PM
    If Google Play Store becomes part of the BlackBerry 10 ecosystem, I wonder how consumers will perceive this and how BlackBerry will promote this, all the while trying to keep the product differentiated from Android. Would BlackBerry be perceived as essentially another Android phone?

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 01:36 PM
    I'm sure this is something you wouldn't have to use, but the option makes it better for consumers.

Shoot if you're running a BES you can disable BlackBerry World.

Don't be fooled by the Google spy fears, using Google services and apps will be purely optional.

The "leaked" pictures are confirmed fake though. But I do think that it is a very real possibility that it's coming.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 01:37 PM
    sure it is, i don't know if anyone realises but out internet connection on BB10 still goes through BlackBerry's BIS service, i know this for a fact if you watch the little BIS icon go away from limited wifi you lose all internet connectivity. the real big changes are no data compression or push e mail but as far as security goes BIS still does the same as legacy phone
    Not understanding - how could that be? I have read on other forums that my email is not secure on BlackBerry if I'm not on BES. It's simply limking through my service provider which can never be called secure. I'm not using an old BlackBerry email account. I'm referring to aol, yahoo, Google, etc.

Posted via CB10
    KoreyTM likes this.
    11-10-13 01:40 PM
    Not understanding - how could that be? I have read on other forums that my email is not secure on BlackBerry if I'm not on BES.
    What you read on the other forums is correct. It would be pointless for BB to specially encrypt your mail traffic since they would just have to turn around and relay it back to Google, or whoever your mail provider is, in the normal format they expect. This is the same as those mail providers get from every other phone, past all the same listening points.

And of course if you make a phone call it is the same as any other phone.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    bbq10l, Terser Nori and KoreyTM like this.
    11-10-13 02:03 PM
    BlackBerry needs to find a way to move away from Android apps on BB10 and work with developers to build native BB10 apps.

Instead of Google Play on the phone, how about native versions of Google apps? Heck, Google had a native BBOS maps app I had running on my 9800. The Android version of Google Maps on BB10 can't display streetview.
    SK122387 and menaknow like this.
    11-10-13 02:09 PM
    What you read on the other forums is correct. It would be pointless for BB to specially encrypt your mail traffic since they would just have to turn around and relay it back to Google, or whoever your mail provider is, in the normal format they expect. The same as those mail providers get from every other phone.

And of course if you make a phone call it is the same as any other phone.

exactly never said that but it all goes through BlackBerry's BIS service, BIS is still our internet gateway simply like a proxy that all our connectivity is pushed through , if there is no link to BIS you simply do not have your internet connectivity. an even better way to discribe it is BIS is a VPN, its a public netowrk going through one main private network

we don't get the same push mail that legacy devices have and emails were never really encrypted it doesn't make any sense to do so but BIS is still a big part of BB10.
    11-10-13 02:10 PM
    Probably not

Probably yes!!

BlackBerry Bold 9900; Q10; Z10 [BBM#6]
    11-10-13 02:17 PM
    exactly never said that but it all goes through BlackBerry's BIS service, BIS is still our internet gateway simply like a proxy that all our connectivity is pushed through , if there is no link to BIS you simply do not have your internet connectivity. an even better way to discribe it is BIS is a VPN, its a public netowrk going through one main private network
    What would be the point in that for users accessing sites which BlackBerry doesn't control? The point of a VPN is to access private resources, or to monitor and restrict access to public ones.

11-10-13 02:20 PM
    If Google Play Store becomes part of the BlackBerry 10 ecosystem, I wonder how consumers will perceive this and how BlackBerry will promote this, all the while trying to keep the product differentiated from Android. Would BlackBerry be perceived as essentially another Android phone?

Posted via CB10
    The Play Store is not what makes Android, Android. That's merely the place where people get their apps. The UI and the flow of the OS are what make Android and BlackBerry 10 what they are. Your BlackBerry 10 phone will still be that after the play store becomes available.

JB

Posted from my brain to your screen via CBQ10
    11-10-13 02:21 PM
    It could be a great development in the short term.

My biggest question is whether this will help push devices. I'm not sure that it will.
    11-10-13 02:23 PM
    its not just that, it also means that Blackberry can gain access do Google services ie Google Play or Google maps
    11-10-13 02:25 PM
    What would be the point in that for users accessing sites which BlackBerry doesn't control? The point of a VPN is to access private resources, or to monitor and restrict access to public ones.

and whats the point in having a router in your home network or a server in office network? its the main point of the network which communicates with the internet. has restrictions and firewalls in place. the same thing as BIS only this is a virtual server that connect through the internet.
    11-10-13 02:36 PM
    Nope I've had the BlackBerry icon go away, and I just didn't have BBM working. Internet and email worked just fine.

Posted via CB10
    KoreyTM likes this.
    11-10-13 02:41 PM
233 123 ...