Ok so woke up in the morning and put my phone on snooze, next time I get up find the phone is totally dead, refuses to start and does not even give a blinking red light. Connect by USB and also is not recognized by the Computer. Only time it blinks red (once) is when the phone is on charge and I insert the battery.

I'd take the phone in for service but I'm in France till End January! and have a UK warranty only.

Trying to trouble shoot first. Software or hardware? My computer wont even recognize that the phone is plugged in...

Appreciate any help!
    11-10-13 12:11 PM
    Anyway of testing to make sure its not the battery? How long was it on the charger?
    11-10-13 12:21 PM
    I know it's probably not this.. but I have to rule it out.

First sounds like batt is dead dead. On a blackberry charger it might take 15minutes to charge enough to even turn on or show signs of life. Plugged into a computer USB will take even longer because it's such low amperage. Have you left it on the blackberry charger for a length of time yet?

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 12:28 PM
    Actually I use the playbook charger, have tried charging it no effect. When I take the battery off and charge the red light goes on for a minute then goes off, other than that not getting any kind of response
    11-10-13 12:30 PM
    Actually I use the playbook charger, have tried charging it no effect. When I take the battery off and charge the red light goes on for a minute then goes off, other than that not getting any kind of response
    I also use the PB charger, but have noticed that if my device is dead enough that it shuts itself off and I don't immediately charge it, the PB charger wont work. I use the supplied charger until it turns on, then switch to the PB charger.
    11-10-13 12:41 PM
    Sounds like you may be the 1% and need to get a new one under warranty. But first I would brush all the battery contacts and brass pins just to make sure.. also hold the power button while inserting battery. I'm getting to the part where I start making things up... I hope it turns itself on for Ya

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 01:41 PM
    Maybe I can help. I had the same problem. This is what I did, even though it may sound silly. In order to charge your phone again, you have to plug in your microusb charger very very fast in the socket. Cause if you do that slowly it sometimes won't recognize it.
    It worked for me, so I don't have to buy the z30 - for now

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 03:29 PM
    Tried it all, seems I'm in the 1%. Amazon though were kind enough to replace it no questions asked. Do however feel bad for Blackberry, its an amazing phone and such issues just kill their bottom line and reputation
    11-10-13 05:30 PM
    Try a new battery most likely a bad battery

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 05:46 PM
    Tried it all, seems I'm in the 1%. Amazon though were kind enough to replace it no questions asked. Do however feel bad for Blackberry, its an amazing phone and such issues just kill their bottom line and reputation
    All phones have their issues. Friends have replaced their Iphones under warranty too.

Posted via CB10
    Breezygirl8 and Miss_Hawkins like this.
    11-10-13 05:53 PM
    Sometimes things just don't work as expected...
    I had a playbook, and it started to discharge in an hour or so and always running hot... got a replacement and its working fine for last 1 year

Posted via the awesome keyboard on Z10STL100-1/10.2.0.1791 using CB10 App
    11-10-13 10:01 PM