Anyone else sick of all the Google and Play Store and apk chit chat & foaming going on this site?

As far as I'm concerned BB no longer exists. It is clear with the recent leaks that the BB development team is 100% invested into piggy backing of google as much as possible and the fanbase/consumer has fully accepted and embraced this shift.

The 9900 was the last emperor and the 9720 is the last surviving relative.
    11-09-13 10:39 PM
    In answer to your first question, no, I am not sick of it. If the rumors are true, BlackBerry will have solved its app situation. A very big deal.
    11-09-13 10:48 PM
    Actually everyone is rather excited with news like this, this is where all dem hype is coming from
    11-09-13 10:50 PM
    If it's true, then it's just a logical extension of Android Player's functionality. BlackBerry 10 will still remain the same old OS, which I personally love, but without the issue of the app gap. Save for the (debatable) issues it could cause for native development, I don't see why you'd be against it.
    miketko, jpvj, Mack Gans and 4 others like this.
    11-09-13 10:52 PM
    I agree with you 110%. If BlackBerry starts making Android phones instead of BB10 I'm probably finished with them. I value diversity in the tech industry and BB10 for all its failings gets better with every update.

My Z10 with the 10.2.4.somethingorother runs super smooth and I have faith the OS will only continue to improve.

BlackBerry if your listening. Don't sell out to the Fandroids. Keep delivering the full package. Hardware and software!! BB10 rocks!!!

Posted via a ZeDex
    11-09-13 10:52 PM
    Yes I agree BlackBerry should continue to build this os And get developers to name native apps those android crazy ppl need to leave BlackBerry alone I don't need all those app smh

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 11:00 PM
    If it's true, then it's just a logical extension of Android Player's functionality. BlackBerry 10 will still remain the same old OS, which I personally love, but without the issue of the app gap. Save for the (debatable) issues it could cause for native development, I don't see why you'd be against it.
    Agree. And for those worried about using Android apps, you don't have to use the Playstore if you don't want to. What it is is an option we now have that doesn't exist on other platforms. The option to run apps built for another OS.

This is how BB10 survives. The developers won't bring the big name apps to your OS, you find a way to get them anyway. No more sideloading, no more complaints about sideloading.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 11:11 PM
    Yes I agree BlackBerry should continue to build this os And get developers to name native apps those android crazy ppl need to leave BlackBerry alone I don't need all those app smh

Posted via CB10
    then,developers will ask why have native apps when droid apps can be downloaded.
    dolco likes this.
    11-09-13 11:13 PM
    Personally I prefer side loading apps that I want to use not having to be watchful of worms etc

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    11-09-13 11:16 PM
    If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
    Jerale Hoard, bbq10l and wincyUt like this.
    11-09-13 11:20 PM
    Exactly. OP needs a chill pill.

Posted via CB10
    habs_fan, bbq10l and wincyUt like this.
    11-09-13 11:48 PM
    Agree. And for those worried about using Android apps, you don't have to use the Playstore if you don't want to. What it is is an option we now have that doesn't exist on other platforms. The option to run apps built for another OS.

This is how BB10 survives. The developers won't bring the big name apps to your OS, you find a way to get them anyway. No more sideloading, no more complaints about sideloading.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly! I've never sideloaded apps but I would love this option on my BlackBerry with Google Play.

Posted via CB10
    bbq10l likes this.
    11-09-13 11:51 PM
    I think the OP would rather BlackBerry sit idle and do nothing.

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt likes this.
    11-10-13 12:15 AM
    BB can sit on their hands and ultimately go the WebOS route, or become relevant to the mainstream by harvesting the power of their android player.
    bbq10l and wincyUt like this.
    11-10-13 12:30 AM
    Anyone else sick of all the Google and Play Store and apk chit chat & foaming going on this site?

As far as I'm concerned BB no longer exists. It is clear with the recent leaks that the BB development team is 100% invested into piggy backing of google as much as possible and the fanbase/consumer has fully accepted and embraced this shift.

These are changing times my friend. We all must accept some change otherwise there will be absolutely nothing to talk about

Posted via CB10 on my z30
    bungaboy, mset and wincyUt like this.
    11-10-13 12:33 AM

Posted via CB10
    What part of if they don't fix the app situation there will be no BlackBerry do you not understand? People are already leaving BlackBerry alone that is the problem smh
    Thunderbuck, bbq10l and wincyUt like this.
    11-10-13 12:36 AM
    yup. I think solving the app gap should be top priority and bringing play store is a brilliant yet obvious solution. Bb10 will still live on and continue to improve

Posted via CB10 on my z30
    bungaboy, bbq10l and wincyUt like this.
    11-10-13 12:38 AM

Haha, chillax bro
    11-10-13 12:44 AM
    Yuuuuup. BlackBerry needs an ally to survive and eventually win the war. Just like the Game of Thrones. Lol

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 12:46 AM
    While I agree that bringing the play store to BB10 is a clever quick easy fix to close the app gap, at the same time I don't really want to see BB10 stacked and running on an android OS, much like Samsung does.
    But that's me personally

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    11-10-13 01:20 AM
    BB will continue to develop BB10, and according to the rumor its just an update to Android runtime with full Play Store access. If you don't want Play Store apps you may have the option not to install it.
    11-10-13 01:30 AM
    BB can sit on their hands and ultimately go the WebOS route, or become relevant to the mainstream by harvesting the power of their android player.
    Is it really that difficult just to slap Android on a Z10? Even easier than all this roundabout runtime stuff.
    11-10-13 01:59 AM
    Side loading and or Google play will have no effect on native development whatsoever!

1. The ported or apks, or the whole sandboxed app doesn't have the same feel or performance or even proper integration as the native apps.

2. Android will fill in the blank with a lot of apps, specially the free to dowoad apps, but in the case of paid apps, one would pay for a native version rather than a ported version.

3. With less blackberries, blackberry developers. Are also less, and actually have less competition and more exposure and kinda charge higher premiums than android developers, so native development will remain "niche" and actually low end apps will disappear from appworld.

4. In general the typical blackberry user profile right now (hoping this changes) is better paid, a bit older "we lost lots teens!" probably pro. This kinda mostly does pay for premium apps with better integration and the kind of developers will look into ways to tap this market.

5. Hoping the younger generation regains love for blackberry, numbers will increase and accordingly developers will follow!

My thoughts on the matter, excuse the poor structure, but too busy, too kids, too little time to fix, looool, but BlackBerry and Crackberry addiction force me to actually write smthg!!

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 02:12 AM
    LOL the envy, envy, envy...LOL

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30.
    11-10-13 02:18 AM
    True, so true.

11-10-13 03:40 AM
94 123 ...