Pretty self explanatory, really. I am just curious if anyone else has had this issue and how they've fixed it. I have restarted my handset 3x and the bloody message is still there!

I am running OS 10.2

Knowledge is power... Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 05:50 PM
    welcome to the club. on vzn with the latest software. with the old software it worked fine. they have no fix for it.
    if u go into the message u can delete by "end chat"
    11-09-13 07:27 PM
    Nope tried that already, next step is to rip out sim and reformat phone to factory default and rebuild

11-10-13 05:26 AM
    I vaguely remember someone else having this exact same problem a couple weeks ago. the fix was to turn on conversation mode, let it rebuild the index, and then turn it off again. let me see if I can find the thread.

edit: can't find it. also, how are you deleting it? tapping and holding the text and then selecting delete from the overflow menu on the right? have you tried using "delete all prior" by tapping and holding the date just above the text (warning: this will delete everything in the hub before that date)?
    Last edited by twstd.reality; 11-10-13 at 06:02 AM.
    11-10-13 05:46 AM
    I have the same issue! -.-' i tried everything, exept the 'delete prior' thing... kind of annoying.

Would it make Sense to load the Software again from a Backup?
    I ask because i already made a Backup AFTER this Problem appeared.
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 06:05 AM
    I vaguely remember someone else having this exact same problem a couple weeks ago. the fix was to turn on conversation mode, let it rebuild the index, and then turn it off again. let me see if I can find the thread.

edit: can't find it. also, how are you deleting it? tapping and holding the text and then selecting delete from the overflow menu on the right? have you tried using "delete all prior" by tapping and holding the date just above the text (warning: this will delete everything in the hub before that date)?
    I'd try it but with my luck everything but the dam message I'm trying to delete would disappear.

EDIT: as I suspected EVERY message but the damm message I was trying to delete is gone! Stupid thing is now forcing me to run set up but does not connect to my home wifi - I am now again asking myself WHY DO I NEED A BLACKBERRY?!?!?!?

EDIT2: finally finished set up and device is now restoring to my last back up but so far I am not impressed with 10.2 fixed 1 problem and created about 10 more - HOW IS THIS PROGRESS???

Last edited by Er1nyes; 11-10-13 at 04:41 PM.
    11-10-13 03:18 PM
    i'd do a security wipe and reload the OS at that point. without doing a restore and using the BB update website.
    11-10-13 05:40 PM
    Are you running an official 10.2 or a leak?

I'd try it but with my luck everything but the dam message I'm trying to delete would disappear.

EDIT: as I suspected EVERY message but the damm message I was trying to delete is gone! Stupid thing is now forcing me to run set up but does not connect to my home wifi - I am now again asking myself WHY DO I NEED A BLACKBERRY?!?!?!?

EDIT2: finally finished set up and device is now restoring to my last back up but so far I am not impressed with 10.2 fixed 1 problem and created about 10 more - HOW IS THIS PROGRESS???

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 06:17 PM
    I used an official update via the handset.

Well I reset the handset to factory default, and loaded from a back-up I did a week ago. So far it's worked but as suspected I have lost ALL my messages.

It's worked but at a cost.

11-11-13 03:47 PM
    10.2 on Verizon does not have this problem. Hopefully Verizon will push the official soon.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 03:49 PM
    10.2 on Verizon does not have this problem. Hopefully Verizon will push the official soon.

Posted via CB10
    Not all devices are affected. It may be cause by a bad upgrade or there are some settings different for the users that experience this

Rogers Deals and Discounts C0022C8F2
    11-12-13 11:01 AM
    Not all devices are affected. It may be cause by a bad upgrade or there are some settings different for the users that experience this

Rogers Deals and Discounts C0022C8F2
    I'm not sure what you mean by different settings, I mean how can user settings mess up the OS? I am with O2 and they tend to wangle it a bit but this is the first time an os upgrade ever caused this much havok on my handset, usually it fixes stuff.
    11-14-13 05:24 AM