Does anyone know how the Fitbit android app works when side loaded onto a bb10 device? I'm looking to purchase one but only if it will work will with my Z10. I know the port worked well bit there was issues bit maybe with the 10.2 update there are some improvements?
    11-06-13 07:55 AM
    Hi, I can confirm that fitbit version 1.7.2 Fitbit Playbook and BB10 - Blackberry Playbook and BB10 Sports Apps works when sideloaded on 10.2, but I don't have an account and I am not planning on making one, so I haven't gone past the setup new account and add my personal information.
    11-06-13 08:34 AM
    I use it. It works, but it's slow. You can add food and activities, that doesn't work too bad but you can't do the bluetooth sync with the Flex to the phone.

Phone compatibility issues aside, I've had my Flex since June and I'm a little disappointed with it's durability. I've destroyed two wristbands already and the outer finish is actually coming off the little sensor that goes in the wristband. I'm not that hard on electronics so I'm surprised it's breaking down so fast.

I was curious about the new Force, but the wristband is not replaceable, and if it's made out of the same stuff as the Flex, I'm too scared to buy it in case the wristband falls apart too.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 09:08 AM
    Phone compatibility issues aside, I've had my Flex since June and I'm a little disappointed with it's durability. I've destroyed two wristbands already and the outer finish is actually coming off the little sensor that goes in the wristband. I'm not that hard on electronics so I'm surprised it's breaking down so fast.

I was curious about the new Force, but the wristband is not replaceable, and if it's made out of the same stuff as the Flex, I'm too scared to buy it in case the wristband falls apart too.
    I have similar experience with Nike Fuelband. Reading all these reviews about the "great" build quality - within 2 months - I had 3 replacements. Screws unscrewing themselves - link pieces falling apart etc... and the rubberized material don't keep a nice color for long - and the visible screws on the back is dirt collectors....
    11-06-13 09:24 AM
    I have the Fitbit Force. So far I really like the device and it syncs to my PC quite readily. Dont really NEED it to sync to my BB10.2 but at the same time this would be nice when I am away from the PC or just want to use it as an alarm. Do not see why they cant support BB10.2 with its Bluetooth 4.0 LE technology requirements. I think its just another app that we have to email them and hassle them about. I would recommend everyone do the same.
    11-22-13 01:16 PM
    I was looking at the force, but it isn't out yet. I settled, for now, on the One, and frankly I'm believing it's the best choice for me - I don't really want the "smartwatch" aspect of the Force, and lord knows once I had one I would obsess over it.

The one is the pebble-worn-on-your-belt style that is an upgrade from the zip - you put it in a cuff on your wrist for sleep monitoring. Anyway, I would love to see some realtime updates for my One so I'm curious about the app as well. That said, I'm able to simply use my iPod and achieve the same results even if I have to tether to my cell. The Android would be nice, considering food tracking is kind of a ridiculous waste of time on the site or the app...
    11-29-13 11:49 PM
    Anyone been able to get a fitbit to sync? The phone recognizes it and links to it. Seems like Fitbit just needs to update to allow it or something. The app works great minus the syncing.
    12-20-13 05:39 PM
    BB10's Android Runtime does not support syncing

Sync Requirements
    Several Android devices are supported at this time. Supported Android devices have:

A Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) radio, present in some devices as part of Bluetooth 4.0.
    A working BLE API that allows third-party app code to access BLE. This is present in some Android 4.3+ devices.

https://help.fitbit.com/customer/por...-compatibility
    04-01-14 08:12 AM
    Hey All,

I have read reports it SYNCS on 10.3 is anyone running the leak that can confirm I purchased one a few days back awaiting delivery the phone sync is not critical to me but would be a nice feature.

All the Best

CO
    07-27-14 04:46 PM
    I know it didn't work on my HTC One until I updated to 4.3. I'll load the 10.3 leak and try it.

I love my fitbit one. I clip it inside my front pocket. I've washed and dried it twice. It gets about 3000 steps in the drier.

Sent from my HTC One using CB Forums mobile app
    07-28-14 12:05 AM
    I couldn't get it to sync. It tried, but never succeeded.

Sent from my HTC One using CB Forums mobile app
    07-28-14 04:20 PM
    it works. synced and showing each step as I take it.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 08:40 PM
    Hey All,

I have read reports it SYNCS on 10.3 is anyone running the leak that can confirm I purchased one a few days back awaiting delivery the phone sync is not critical to me but would be a nice feature.

All the Best

CO
    I can confirm it works on 10.3.0.700 no real issue that i can see.
    08-06-14 09:01 PM
    I can now confirm that sync works on 10.3 I have been using my flex for a week without a hitch

All the best

CO

Posted via CB10
    08-07-14 07:02 AM
    Also syncs on the new 10.3.0.1052

Posted with my Z10 via CB10
    bbquincar and CRACKBERRY_OZ like this.
    08-21-14 10:53 PM
    Hello,

It seems that all of you finally can sync on your phones.
    I have a Q10 and a Flex, and I still can't. In fact, I can't find any option of "syncing" on the mobile app, so I don't know how to trigger the sync...
    Maybe I don't understand correctly what a "leak" is

Can you help me please ?

Thank you !
    01-12-15 04:15 AM
    Hello,

It seems that all of you finally can sync on your phones.
    I have a Q10 and a Flex, and I still can't. In fact, I can't find any option of "syncing" on the mobile app, so I don't know how to trigger the sync...
    Maybe I don't understand correctly what a "leak" is

Can you help me please ?

Thank you !
    If / when you get 10.3 on your Q10, it should have the Amazon Android store pre-installed, the Fitbit app is available from there (and supports app updates) and should sync (it works exactly like that on my Z10, with 10.3).
    01-12-15 04:19 AM
    It only syncs properly if it is correctly paired via blue tooth. You may need to re-pair it to your phone.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 09:42 AM
    It only syncs properly if it is correctly paired via blue tooth. You may need to re-pair it to your phone.

Posted via CB10
    Your statement is not accurate. I can connect without pairing.

Sent from my ‪ Passport ‪
    02-24-15 07:05 AM
    Fitbit trackers do not sync directly to the phones bluetooth. The pairing has to be done through the fitbit app only.
    02-24-15 08:35 AM
    Fitbit trackers do not sync directly to the phones bluetooth. The pairing has to be done through the fitbit app only.
    not really. You can pair directly - and the app will find it,... it's technically the same function... Only in some cases the FitBit app need to go through some routines that seems to only start If the tracker is paired using the app. But - only in some cases...

The issue is, that with the latest versions of FitBit Connect, there are many problems when run on a BlackBerry device.

There seems to have been some changes in permissions, and the way the app handles Bluetooth communication.
    Sometimes it works, sometimes it don't

Tests also shows, that it all depends on what type of FitBit device you try to sync.

"full" functionality for the new FitBit devices, with showing incoming callerID etc., does Not work,

The only things that does work, from time to time, is sync of alarm(s), and the data from the FitBit.

But since the devices also store data for days; and if you have the Connect app installed on your computer, you will get things synced few minutes after you are close enough to the FitBit USB dongle.

I don't like to start a blame game, - but there are flaws with both FitBit app, and the BlackBerry Android Runtime.

If only FitBit would open up their device API's , there are plenty competent developers who would be able to create true BB10 apps for the FitBit devices. Unfortunately - this does not seem to happen anytime soon. Last year FitBit opened up the Web/Cloud API, so apps can freely communicate with the FitBit Cloud and access data already stored there,... which does not make much sense anyway from a mobile device, besides from adding your meals or manually add data.
    02-24-15 08:55 AM