Last week it was the most talked about thing for us teenagers
    We have forgotten about BBM and just went back to KIK... I'm afraid bbm is not going to be much of a trend anymore

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 07:58 PM
    Probably because it's not reliable cross platform and people (especially teenagers) have a short attention span.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 08:02 PM
    So, you're the teen spokesperson?
    11-05-13 08:08 PM
    Teenagers are like that but just because of your experience do not think it is the same worldwide.

Maybe you feel full of self importance but the way it is is that YOU do not like BBM , OK the world will not stop turning and you will probably change your mind the next time you change your socks.
    Or when your friends tell you what to like.
    11-05-13 08:11 PM
    I'm no teenager and I'm noticing the same thing. I have plenty of friends who downloaded it for iOS and Android, mostly ex-blackberry / BBM users who were eager to have a look at BBM on the new phones. After the initial interest wore off few have continued using xBBM with any sort of regularity; most are content to go back to their usual habits using iMessage or Whatsapp.
    11-05-13 08:29 PM
    As they add more features it will become popular. If video and voice are as good as they are on a BlackBerry then it has great potential. Channels could have good potential, if done right.

They just need to keep pushing updates at a fairly quick pace.

Posted via CB10
    slade632, Mel25, Dude_9 and 2 others like this.
    11-05-13 08:46 PM
    Need those top tier features! Would love to be able to bbm video chat with the iPhone folks and android users in my family.
    11-05-13 08:49 PM
    I agree. They need to speed up the updates to voice and video to keep the world interested. The sooner the better.
    11-05-13 08:51 PM
    I don't know why the hell they released it without wifi calling......that should have been the package they delivered. Because as is, its just another messaging app. And we all know iOS & android are full of those.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9000 using Tapatalk
    devin266 likes this.
    11-05-13 08:55 PM
    I don't know why the hell they released it without wifi calling......that should have been the package they delivered. Because as is, its just another messaging app. And we all know iOS & android are full of those.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9000 using Tapatalk
    Because they were pressed on time and wanted to just get it to the market.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 09:07 PM
    Okay most teenagers don't have short attention spans because KIK has been in use and more popular for a few years already.
    I don't follow the crowd I observe the crowd, Blackberry's attempt to get the "hip" young people of today didn't really get our attention.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 09:30 PM
    survey says.............
    3hb78ftg and Kimberella like this.
    11-05-13 09:35 PM
    Okay most teenagers don't have short attention spans because KIK has been in use and more popular for a few years already.
    I don't follow the crowd I observe the crowd, Blackberry's attempt to get the "hip" young people of today didn't really get our attention.

Posted via CB10
    Yh...says u against the thousands still posting their pin on twitter/fb/instagram everyday

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 09:37 PM
    How many do you actually know who uses instagram after downloading it and making their pin without delete the BBM app after a few days and return to their other messaging service?

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 09:55 PM
    How many do you actually know who uses instagram after downloading it and making their pin without delete the BBM app after a few days and return to their other messaging service?

Posted via CB10
    I don't know. I wouldn't presume to say without having the facts. You should try this line of thinking. Learn these words: "in my experience..."

Posted via CB10
    FairlightRacing likes this.
    11-05-13 09:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes you are correct. All 20 million people who downloaded it have now deleted it and returned to kik.
    Just an FYI though, I have never met one person who uses Kik so that must mean they have 0 users I guess.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 09:58 PM
    what is kik?

CB10 need update!
    11-05-13 10:00 PM
    Well I can tell ya that the popularity has risen a lot over here! People are embracing BBM now that they have it back and the ones I have showed are hyped about voice and video coming soon!

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 10:07 PM
    That messaging service that Blackberry sued awhile ago

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 10:09 PM
    most are content to go back to their usual habits using iMessage or Whatsapp.
    iMessage is not working properly since iOS7... WhatsApp falls too often.
    11-05-13 10:44 PM
    Does anyone know how many downloads there have been to date? Last I heard it was 20m, but that was several days ago.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 11:52 PM
    For a non-bias rating on the popularity of BBM, just see how it ranks:
    App Annie App Store Data | iOS Top Charts United States - Overall - Nov 05, 2013

It isn't doing too bad at all.
    BergerKing likes this.
    11-05-13 11:59 PM
    Well let me tell you this...
    My 16 year old son, every time he gets a hold of me, it's thru BBM , and he has an IPhone!

Sent from my kick *** Z30
    11-06-13 12:22 AM
    I don't know anybody who has gone back. Most of us have deleted Whatsapp.
    11-06-13 12:25 AM
    For a non-bias rating on the popularity of BBM, just see how it ranks:
    App Annie App Store Data | iOS Top Charts United States - Overall - Nov 05, 2013

It isn't doing too bad at all.
    I don't share your enthusiasm.
    According to your link, Whatsapp, KIK and Skype are all growing faster than BBM despite the fact that they already have more users. And the growth of BBM seems to slow.

Somehow, they miss the opportunity to make BBM a killer app, IMO.

It seems to me that #BBM4All had the attention of all the market. Press and people was talking about it and was waiting for it.
    Unfortunately, they bring to the market an unfinished app which can't compete with other IMs in terms of functionalities and maybe not even in terms of reliability (moreover, the app seems to have a lot of bugs).

Even if they come later with a better version of BBM for iOS/Android, I'm pretty sure there won't be the same enthusiasm and the same "free advertising".
    KoreyTM and Bsbudd like this.
    11-06-13 05:24 AM
80 123 ...