This article is appreciated but slightly hilarious it is now getting attention.

Why Blackberry is not quite dead yet | Fox News
    11-05-13 05:18 PM
    HAHA! Pretty cool!
    I am one of those people who love my Onstar in my car!
    donmateo likes this.
    11-05-13 05:25 PM
    Qnx is a powerful BlackBerry needs to create a culture around it.

Posted from the most powerful smartphone,z10
    11-05-13 05:25 PM
    If only an embedded software company was worth that much.

They get licensing deals in bulk, and are in most cases not the developer of the finished product. None of the previous ER indicates that QNX is a major revenue stream now, and no one at BlackBerry has pointed to it becoming one.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 05:36 PM

They get licensing deals in bulk, and are in most cases not the developer of the finished product. None of the previous ER indicates that QNX is a major revenue stream now, and no one at BlackBerry has pointed to it becoming one.

Posted via CB10
    Yea, they probably had poor contract writers and got taken. Us Canucks can't compete with those slick Yankees.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 06:01 PM
    A weapon so secret, even Blackberry doesn't know to use it lol
    11-05-13 06:05 PM
    Honestly they just need to make the stuff they do on the QNX concept cars they have available to buy for regular consumer. They could take advantage of all parts of the car talking to the cars head unit since alot of the cars components use QNX anyways. I know i will buy a QNX head unit right now if they were to sell one.
    11-05-13 07:04 PM
    Its no secret. QNX has been included within the quarterly financials since they became part of the company. There is no mystique involved with that. The power of the weapon as a money maker can clearly be seen.
    richardat likes this.
    11-05-13 07:30 PM
    What is it with these sites and not knowing that it's "BlackBerry," not "Blackberry"? Forbes the other day, Fox News today.

Honestly, Fox News is the very last place I go for news (though I do go for laughs), but they are not alone in not capitalizing the second B.

Literally every single mention of BlackBerry is spelled with only one capitalized B in this article.
    All the writer has to do is go to BlackBerry's website or find someone around the office that has one and LOOK AT IT.

Even Fox News is better than this.

Aside from that, this article is one of the first that acknowledges that BlackBerry even owns QNX and has a chance at the automotive industry. I totally agree that the automotive industry is about to change and incorporate new technology that BlackBerry is already probably working on with QNX (and yeah, Apple and Google probably are working on things too).
    11-05-13 07:30 PM
    Its no secret. QNX has been included within the quarterly financials since they became part of the company. There is no mystique involved with that. The power of the weapon as a money maker can clearly be seen.
    You may be right but we are only at the beginning of these applications in cars. Interactive systems are becoming a huge marketing element for cars, much more so than a few years ago when BlackBerry acquired QNX. I wonder if there is an opportunity to grow revenue with these software products and services as the consumer demand grows for interactive products and therefore their value increases as well. I don't know if this can happen but maybe it is what BlackBerry is counting for future revenue growth.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 08:17 PM
    I would pay $10 a month to have my car connected to my Verizon account. Maybe I'm a special case, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Especially with the increase in smart homes there could be some neat tech.

FYI - I'm own a company that does smart home integration and it is crazy how fast this market is growing.

Posted via CB10
    rustmonkey likes this.
    11-05-13 08:28 PM
    What is it with these sites and not knowing that it's "BlackBerry," not "Blackberry"? Forbes the other day, Fox News today.
    Because 99.9999999999999999% of the world outside CB doesn't give a s***.
    11-05-13 08:34 PM
    Imagine if we had all the old bridge features between our car and our bb10 phones....that would give 70% of new car owners a reason to buy a bb19

Posted via CB10
    Mack Gans likes this.
    11-05-13 08:55 PM
    Qnx is a powerful BlackBerry needs to create a culture around it.

Posted from the most powerful smartphone,z10
    hopefully this will happen since the new blood was based in software.
    11-05-13 08:55 PM
    Because 99.9999999999999999% of the world outside CB doesn't give a s***.
    Well 99.9999999999999999% of the world isn't journalists, who, for the sake of doing their jobs well, should at least get the name of the company they're writing about right.

Not caring about BlackBerry is one thing, but not caring about doing your work correctly is another. Even BGR spells it "BlackBerry."
    11-05-13 10:12 PM
    Well 99.9999999999999999% of the world isn't journalists, who, for the sake of doing their jobs well, should at least get the name of the company they're writing about right.

Not caring about BlackBerry is one thing, but not caring about doing your work correctly is another. Even BGR spells it "BlackBerry."
    I have to agree. It's like using IPhone, IMac, IPod,....instead of iPhone, iMac, iPod
    xiaohuaxing and eldricho like this.
    11-05-13 10:31 PM
    I have to agree. It's like using IPhone, IMac, IPod,....instead of iPhone, iMac, iPod
    YES. It's the exact same. It's like nails on a chalkboard, but in visual form.
    app_Developer likes this.
    11-05-13 10:34 PM
    The article clearly suggests that BlackBerry should completely abandon mobile production business.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 10:37 PM
    The article clearly suggests that BlackBerry should completely abandon mobile production business.

Posted via CB10
    Not really...it says that "the smartphone revolution is already over," which it pretty much is. We have made the leap to smartphones from feature phones, and now our smartphones are being given new capabilities, but nothing as big as the shift from a feature phone to a smartphone.

"Blackberry's got $1 billion dollars in new investment coming in from several firms now. Hopefully they won't waste it on another tablet or phone and end up like Palm" doesn't necessarily suggest that BlackBerry completely abandon phones or hardware. It means that they shouldn't squander this new money they've got on a product that has failed before.
    11-05-13 11:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    Easily, as things get more and more online they will get larger and larger-scale business - if they can execute QUICKLY and without royal ****ups. And that's why TH had to go, he couldn't do either.

I wrote about the upcoming online world - fridges, cars etc join the domain of your networked TVs, consoles, mobile phones, everything -, QNX now got BB10 as a very competent and good-looking UIO so they just need to ramp up development, widen their portfolio etc.

It's a lot of money to be made - the question is by who, BB or someone else eg Samsung, Apple, MSFT...?
    11-06-13 12:44 AM

Posted via CB10
    Good business sense says they should stop. They can't sell the millions of devices they have on hand now. Making more would be ridiculous and waiting for another two years for them to come out with another outdated phone would be even worst! Hopefully, Blackberry moving forward means they will do it more wisely.
    m1a1mg likes this.
    11-06-13 06:10 AM
    Blackberry. Oh, the horror of it all. Blackberry, blackBerry, Blackbury. People sure get their panties in a wad over some stupid sh**.
    11-06-13 07:55 AM
    This article is appreciated but slightly hilarious it is now getting attention.

Why Blackberry is not quite dead yet | Fox News
    The Linux Foundation are pushing for Linux to be the defacto OS in the automotive sphere.

http://opensource.com/life/13/10/int...eif-linux-cars

However, Linux wasn't designed as an embedded OS while QNX was.
    Zidentia likes this.
    11-06-13 07:15 PM