I was at the Sprint Store (horrible service) earlier today. I went to there to see if they could fix my Curve 9350 due to very low ram which causes it to freeze up a lot. I also went to see if I was eligible to upgrade and I was. I wanted the Q10, but I was told it was still $200. Too much for my budget right now. The problem comes with one of the employees and the store manager. I gave him my phone, so he could see what else is wrong. He couldn't even find the settings on my phone. He kept saying, "This is sooooo old. Your eligible for an upgrade man. Why won't you just upgrade to a iPhone or Android? The iPhone 4 is a free phone. Why do you still want the Blackberry? Blackberry is going out. Nobody buys Blackberry. We only sold 2 Blackberry Q10s." I just ended conversation, because it wasn't even that serious. I can't believe he had the nerve to ask why do I still want a Blackberry? Think your supposed to get a phone that everybody has or what's hot. **** that. It's all about personal preference. I always loved the Blackberry Platform. I would rather have a qwerty keyboard instead of touchscreen. A Blackberry is a phone not a toy like the iPhone and Android. I want a plain and simple phone minus all the extra stuff. Besides we all know Blackberry is a pretty secure phone unlike the other phones and Rim won't cut off your camera like some phones...If you own an iPhone or Android then you shouldn't be worried about why someone owns a Blackberry. It's not you. People I tell you...

Would love to hear your thoughts on this.
    SK122387 and srzjumper like this.
    11-04-13 07:14 PM
    Well if it isn't selling why doesn't he cut you a deal to get rid of some leftover inventory? I mean is it better it sitting there or gone out the door?
    RAFA1 and 3hb78ftg like this.
    11-04-13 07:19 PM
    11-04-13 07:19 PM
    Well if it isn't selling why doesn't he cut you a deal to get rid of some leftover inventory? I mean is it better it sitting there or gone out the door?
    Nope. Didn't even mention that.
    11-04-13 07:23 PM
    Man , just get the Z30 and people will envy you.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30.
    11-04-13 07:25 PM
    Man , just get the Z30 and people will envy you.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30.
    Too big plus the battery life is weak.
    11-04-13 07:40 PM
    I went there the other day to ask about z30 availability and the salesperson tried telling me that blackberry was already sold and broken up and their phones were discontinued he even told me that they're not listed on the stock market anymore.
    Needless to say he got really embarrassed when I told him he was kinda clueless......
    11-04-13 07:44 PM
    Too big plus the battery life is weak.
    Z30 has the best battery life ratings of any current BlackBerry.
    11-04-13 07:45 PM
    I was at the Sprint Store (horrible service) earlier today. I went to there to see if they could fix my Curve 9350 due to very low ram which causes it to freeze up a lot. I also went to see if I was eligible to upgrade and I was. I wanted the Q10, but I was told it was still $200. Too much for my budget right now. The problem comes with one of the employees and the store manager. I gave him my phone, so he could see what else is wrong. He couldn't even find the settings on my phone. He kept saying, "This is sooooo old. Your eligible for an upgrade man. Why won't you just upgrade to a iPhone or Android? The iPhone 4 is a free phone. Why do you still want the Blackberry? Blackberry is going out. Nobody buys Blackberry. We only sold 2 Blackberry Q10s." I just ended conversation, because it wasn't even that serious. I can't believe he had the nerve to ask why do I still want a Blackberry? Think your supposed to get a phone that everybody has or what's hot. **** that. It's all about personal preference. I always loved the Blackberry Platform. I would rather have a qwerty keyboard instead of touchscreen. A Blackberry is a phone not a toy like the iPhone and Android. I want a plain and simple phone minus all the extra stuff. Besides we all know Blackberry is a pretty secure phone unlike the other phones and Rim won't cut off your camera like some phones...If you own an iPhone or Android then you shouldn't be worried about why someone owns a Blackberry. It's not you. People I tell you...

I was willing to let go of not using the 'you're' conjunction until I got to the bolded part. No wonder why Blackberry has done so bad. Because of that very mentality.

And what do you mean RIM (now Blackberry) doesn't "...cut off the camera..."
    bbq10l and scorpiodsu like this.
    11-04-13 07:56 PM

Why didn't you do the one up?

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 09:29 PM
    I don't know what other industry exists where sales reps can talk to people like that about their product of choice.

People should respect people's choices.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 10:05 PM
    I don't know what other industry exists where sales reps can talk to people like that about their product of choice.

People should respect people's choices.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly!
    11-05-13 02:40 AM
    Z30 has the best battery life ratings of any current BlackBerry.
    Oh, I thought the z10 had that rating since it's bigger.
    11-05-13 02:41 AM
    I went there the other day to ask about z30 availability and the salesperson tried telling me that blackberry was already sold and broken up and their phones were discontinued he even told me that they're not listed on the stock market anymore.
    Needless to say he got really embarrassed when I told him he was kinda clueless......
    Damn, but I bet his face looked real stupid.
    11-05-13 02:42 AM
    I was willing to let go of not using the 'you're' conjunction until I got to the bolded part. No wonder why Blackberry has done so bad. Because of that very mentality.

I apologize for not using the felicitous usage of grammar. I bet you were a great English teacher. As for the "Cut off camera" You look that up yourself.
    11-05-13 02:48 AM
    I gave up hope on Sprint ever supporting BlackBerry's anymore. They have problems of their own, losing customers. Their bet on $15 billion worth of iPhones is predicated on gaining customers and that's not happening.
    BlackGuy likes this.
    11-05-13 03:05 AM
    My family did the math - we ended up better off going with 6GB shared at AT&T. The price was literally within a few dollars and the coverage is unbelievably better. One line was ready to be updated and would have had the $10 data added on. They took away the Premier plan years ago then Telenav and then the early upgrade when they rolled out the new plan. All for crap coverage. I could not make a call in my own kitchen. Top it off with lack of a Z10 back when I was still considering one - we just moved all three lines and haven't looked back.
    world saviour likes this.
    11-05-13 08:20 AM

Blah blah this is getting old. It's getting reaaaaally old pointing out what a poster says and then following with "because of that thinking BlackBerry is doing bad" jeez I've heard it a gazillion times already, it's become extremely banal.

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    11-05-13 08:24 AM
    My family did the math - we ended up better off going with 6GB shared at AT&T. The price was literally within a few dollars and the coverage is unbelievably better. One line was ready to be updated and would have had the $10 data added on. They took away the Premier plan years ago then Telenav and then the early upgrade when they rolled out the new plan. All for crap coverage. I could not make a call in my own kitchen. Top it off with lack of a Z10 back when I was still considering one - we just moved all three lines and haven't looked back.
    Probably exactly what I'll do when updates come around. I have 4 lines and really hope AT&T get the Z30, if not the Z10 will do. Three of us have the 9930 and my wife's phone gets a crappy signal and I get a good signal standing right next to her.
    BlackGuy likes this.
    11-05-13 08:42 AM
    Oh, I thought the z10 had that rating since it's bigger.
    I think you're confusing the two phones. The Z30 is the bigger phone with the larger battery and the more efficient screen.

The Z10 is the smaller phone with much smaller battery and more of a battery hog screen. I have to leave my Z10 10% screen brightness to last the day.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 08:52 AM
    I don't think you needed to take it that personally to end it after he suggesting you should go iphone or android. Like you said Q10 was still 200, so even in value for you, he/she would still suggest you ditch BlackBerry. In their opinions, they probably were just trying to be helpful, but not enough to try and fix the old BlackBerry.

Most of us had to decide, eat that 200 (or more), or get a free or same priced phone with better stats.

Posted via CB10
    BlackGuy likes this.
    11-05-13 09:11 AM
    Damn. That blows chunks, AT&T is beyond horrible.
    11-06-13 12:45 AM
    I think you're confusing the two phones. The Z30 is the bigger phone with the larger battery and the more efficient screen.

The Z10 is the smaller phone with much smaller battery and more of a battery hog screen. I have to leave my Z10 10% screen brightness to last the day.

Posted via CB10
    Oh. That's my fault.
    11-06-13 12:46 AM
    You are better off coming on to CrackBerry for help anyway. The folks on here are enthusiasts about BlackBerry and knowledgeable. There's increasingly little depth of BlackBerry knowledge at retail carrier stores. I suggested a fix in your other thread.
    BlackGuy likes this.
    11-06-13 01:37 AM
    You are better off coming on to CrackBerry for help anyway. The folks on here are enthusiasts about BlackBerry and knowledgeable. There's increasingly little depth of BlackBerry knowledge at retail carrier stores. I suggested a fix in your other thread.
    Exactly and pretty much. My phone isn't freezing up anymore. Just wished Sedio made a 3000mAH battery for the 9300 series though.
    southlander likes this.
    11-06-13 07:36 PM
30 12