Hi all.

My GF has a Windows 8 Laptop, and whenever I call her, my video feed was always off. If she called me, everything was fine.

In any case, the fix I found was to do the following:

1. After the video call starts, touch the screen

2. Select "switch camera"

3. Touch the screen again

3. Select "switch camera" again

For some reason, this fixes something in the app that gets it to start sending your video stream again.

Hope this helps someone.

Z10 to Lumia works Perfect!
    --------------------------------------
    As an aside: Skyping between my Z10 and my GF's Lumia 920 works perfectly every time and with MUCH better video quality.

It appears this may be a Windows 8 issue.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 05:04 PM
    is your GF using the modern-UI (metro) version of skype or the desktop version on Windows 8? I havent found anyone who hasnt had issues with the modern-UI version. if she is running fully windows 8 not rt then suggest she uses the desktop version - im certain the problem will go away
    11-05-13 12:50 AM
    is your GF using the modern-UI (metro) version of skype or the desktop version on Windows 8? I havent found anyone who hasnt had issues with the modern-UI version. if she is running fully windows 8 not rt then suggest she uses the desktop version - im certain the problem will go away
    Yes: We were using the modern "metro" Skype app.

Update: Today I Skyped with my parents and had the same issue, but they have Windows 7. So I'm not sure what's going on there. Can't speak of the video quality they got however.
    11-06-13 04:39 AM
    Yes: We were using the modern "metro" Skype app.

Update: Today I Skyped with my parents and had the same issue, but they have Windows 7. So I'm not sure what's going on there. Can't speak of the video quality they got however.
    Obviously, the Skype app on BlackBerry sucks. It's not even native, and it's full of bugs. This has nothing to do with Windows, inane efforts to shif the blame away from BlackBerry notwithstanding.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 08:17 AM