Hi - I just got a blackberry curve on friday and I am not sure if it is the right phone for me. I have always wanted one and now that I have it - it scares me. I have always considered myself pretty savy technology wise but this phone does so much - it over welms me. Just wondering if someone has felt the same way or if there were any words of encouragement so i do not go get a different phone.

Also can someone tell me how to move pictures I took to the memory card. I cant even figure out how to do that.

thanks
    10-27-08 09:20 AM
    One step at a time and read the Tutorial 101 on this site. I know what you are going thru. I went through this in June. Also the folks on this site will help you. Welcome to CB by the way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-08 09:26 AM
    It is overwhwelming but the great thing is that everything new I had found that my BlackBerry does excites me.

Welcome aboard!

10-27-08 09:33 AM
    Welcome to CB and the 101 intro should get you going.... If not post a question.

10-27-08 04:11 PM
    Don't give up on it. Remember the first time you used a PC? (Ok me neither) but the point is you got how a PC works and its way more advanced then a BB.

Give yourself a few weeks, you probably have a 30 day return policy on the phone anyway, so dig into it and do the trial and error method of learning

The best way I can describe the picture thing is this:
    Get into the thumbnail veiw of your pics > scroll to the pic you want to move> hit the BB button (left of the trackball) that will bring up a menu> select Move > select your media card.

Welcome to CB

10-27-08 04:48 PM
    Hello & welcome to the CB family!

10-27-08 05:50 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry! The blackberry is an overwhelming phone. Check out the blackberry 101 lecture series, there is a link in my signature. Ask all the questions you need, and just take the time to get familiar with your device. Give it 30 days, and if you do not feel it is the right device for you then, take it back.
    10-27-08 05:55 PM
    You will do just fine subiegirl. Think of your BB as a phone, or a camera, or email device, or texting, or browser, or MP3 player. Learn each item inorder or importance to you and in no time you will be a CB Genius helping Newbies.

10-27-08 05:58 PM
    It'll be a little complicated at first after messing around with it for awhile ull definitely get the hang of it.

Last edited by energie; 05-25-09 at 11:05 PM.
    10-27-08 06:10 PM
    The 101 section will help. Just hang in there, its gonna be worth it. Welcome to Crackberry

10-27-08 07:04 PM
    Welcome!!!

Again the Blackberry 101 lessons are a great place to learn a lot of things about your BB Curve... I even added a link in my signature below.
    10-27-08 08:08 PM
    I still feel that way and I love it. I never use all the features and that is a good thing. It keeps me from being bored. I've also had a BB since 2006 and still feel this way.

Welcome to the family
    10-28-08 03:01 AM
    Also, to automtaically store yourp pictures onto your media card.

Open the Camera, open options, scroll to store pictures and change this option to "on media card"
    10-28-08 03:29 AM
    I felt the same way when I got my curve. I had never had a 'smartphone' before and I thought I was drowning for about two weeks. Definitely go through the tutorial - it is a huge help! I still use it today when I cannot figure out how to do something on the curve. Second, use these forums. You can ask any question and someone on these boards will have the answer. Everyone on this site is very patient and willing to help those of us that have no idea what we are doing. I've had my curve since July and now I think it is the greatest thing since sliced bread and I cannot live without it
    10-28-08 04:30 AM
    You'll do fine and not to worry. Welcome to CB!!

10-28-08 04:48 AM
    Welcome to CB! You'll do great with a new BB. This site has everything you'll need to feed your addiction!
    10-28-08 08:26 AM
    Read, ask questions, join in the fray! People here (especially in this forum) are generally quite encouraging and helpful. Not many questions are dumb questions, although if something is answered in the quick-start type guides you may expect to be referred to those rather than being spoon-fed the answer. Other places for help are pinstack.com and howardforums.com - they are good resources as well.

Welcome and good luck! You'll probably have a blast.
    10-28-08 11:34 AM
    Hey Subie - I've been using a blackberry for years but only when I got my Bold a month ago did I decide to actually figure out what these things can do. And it is a bit overwhelming. I don't know how to put music on it, I don't know how to use a media card, I don't have any apps yet.... but I am really enjoying the adventure.

Hopefully you will enjoy learning.
    10-28-08 08:13 PM
    First, welcome to Crackberry! I've been in the technology industry for over 20 years, and the 8330 was my first Blackberry after TONS of different phones. The first few days, I was SO frustrated. It seemed complicated, overwhelming - you name it! One day I finally just sat down and learned it stem-to-stern. I can honestly say this is the BEST phone I've ever had, and I won't go back. I look at it this way - it's WAY cheaper than hiring a Personal Assistant - yet does more than a PA would, and doesn't talk back! LOL. Take your time, give the BB a chance, and I'm pretty sure you will love it, until you learn you can't live without it. Enjoy!
    Last edited by thepaintedpony; 10-28-08 at 10:21 PM.
    10-28-08 10:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD